New GF4 Editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New GF4 Editor
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #0
MicroPhage's Geneforge 4 Editor

1. Rebel Docks: Allows player to edit all skills. This includes all spells,
creations, statistics, experience, and coins. Allows for
"No thanks." to not use at any time. And Godmode feature.

Entry point: 1st sign on your right at The Rebel Docks.

Select "No thanks" in order to play normally.

2. Dillame: Allows "Melted Sand" quest finish. Gretchen at Gretchens Potions
gives the quest and she'll continue to buy any you find after finish.

3. Eastern Rise: Allows player to jump to North or South entry signs
instead of walking through Eastern Rise. Also lets
you jump to 2 locations in each North and South maps.

4. Aziraph Rebel Camp. Stock up on coins, high value, weapon gems.
Entry point: Captain Archibald at south entrance. he also trains.
iF YOUR COINS GO TO "0" JUST USE EDITOR AGAIN FOR FULL 30,000 COINS.
Also enables finish for Stubbs the Quartermasters "Swamp Herb"
quest after all rewards gained.

This link is for Q&A if you're stuck in a quest:

http://www.freewebs.com/microphage/gf4spoilerqa.htm

And this is the Geneforge 4 Editor:

http://www.freewebs.com/microphage/GF4Editor.zip

MicroPhage

Not supported by Spiderweb Software. All scripts copyright Spiderweb Software. USE AT YOUR OWN
RISK, and of course MAKE BACKUPS of each .txt script file that will be modified by this editor!

Edit: Total makeover of editor. All Character editing can now be accomplished at 1 Entry Point.
Supports jumping to and from areas. Godmode swords now have "Rain of Fire" and "Boulder Basher" swords.

[ Thursday, February 14, 2008 20:41: Message edited by: Micro Phage ]

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Drakon from that dist..."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #1
I can tell by the looks of it..good job!

Can someone test it?

[ Tuesday, December 18, 2007 04:54: Message edited by: Azuma ]

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

I can tell by the looks of it..good job!

Can someone test it?

If you are asking for volunteers that would be great! As much as has been put into this there has to be some rough edges. Nothing terminal though. I've tested it pretty thoroughly.

Anyone, everyone, try it out. Looking forward to feedback on this, and some helpful suggestions to polish it bright...

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #3
I was wondering if it would be possible to make an editor (preferably at the normal rebel docks location) that could increase your skills in individual creatures or spells, like kyshakk or aura of flames. Then you could make drakons and such without canisters
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
And what about a "Get God Equipment" option?

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.

Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful criticism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

My scenario: Muffins n' Hell
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #5
From my experience with editing I believe it is possilbe to do either of those requests (though I personally cannot pull it off).

Suggestions on how to get an editor to act like a canister, try finding and studying the canister scripts and determining what increases the stats. Then try to integrate it into an editor. A possible problem would be that you would increase the number of canisters you have used when using the editor to change your creation/spell stats.

Also the easy way to get the high spells and creations would be to edit items. Much easier. Refer to the helpful links under scripting for lists of scripting stats.

[ Tuesday, December 18, 2007 15:29: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
Who cares if it increases canister usage? Just press shift-D, and type in "sdf 100 4 0" (minus the quotes). That will get rid of any canister usage affects.

[ Tuesday, December 18, 2007 15:30: Message edited by: Tis the season to be Iffy ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #7
Well it would just be better if it didn't.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
Originally by the Ratt:

quote:
Suggestions on how to get an editor to act like a canister, try finding and studying the canister scripts and determining what increases the stats. Then try to integrate it into an editor. A possible problem would be that you would increase the number of canisters you have used when using the editor to change your creation/spell stats.
Really, looking at Croikle's editor (for G1) would be so, so much easier.

Originally by Micro Phage:

quote:
Also changed color of Melted Sand to a darker, smoky green to make then visibly different from Flawed Crystals.
Dikiyoba is probably not going to download the editor any time soon (only since Dikiyoba is unlikely to ever use it), but this is a very good idea.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #9
Foiled again... How many times is that?

But now that I think about it, my way does seem very long and superfluous. It would take a simple code to make it.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Master1:

I was wondering if it would be possible to make an editor (preferably at the normal rebel docks location) that could increase your skills in individual creatures or spells, like kyshakk or aura of flames. Then you could make drakons and such without canisters
I recently updated my editor and it has an entry point in Crenshaws Dell (sign at far south s/w) that enables you to get all the creatures. I'll look at the spells later and maybe add them to another sign or NPC farther in the game.

There is an upper limit on how high your line numbers can go so I doubt that even with renumbering all of them would allow for all these features at the Rebel Docks Sign. Besides, the best use to me for an editor is to move things along a bit on multiple replays of the game. Pro Shaper, Pro Rebel, or Pro Trakovite is one example. Plus there's lots of other fun things to do with different quests and perspectives that make this game very replayable anyhow.

I'll look closer at the spells and such after the Holidays. Hope the new update answers at least part of your question.
Micro Phage

After thinking further about your question I believe that the 1st entry point of the Editor will let you boost your magic skills high enough to use the spells, but may need to look harder at specific ones. Will update soon.

[ Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:18: Message edited by: Micro Phage ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Tis the season to by Iffy:

And what about a "Get God Equipment" option?
Very easy. Though time consuming. The only problem is deciding what already existing equipment is the strongest, most preferable, or suggestions for what you'd like to see in a custom set of "God Mode" equipment?
Micro Phage

EDIT: Typo

[ Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:06: Message edited by: Micro Phage ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #12
For weapons: Reaper baton, reaper thorns, Puresteel Soulblade, Puresteel blade (Or whatever sword has a higher attack than the Puresteel Soulblade), guardian claymore, oozing/flaming/freezing blade, and maybe a madness gem and/or wand of the inferno.

For chest piece: Puresteel plate, another breast plate or two, stability suit, and/or one of the other robes.

For Gloves: Gloves of savagery, ornkskin guantlets, puresteel guantlets, and/or some magic enhancing gloves.

For Legs: Legs of tyrant, flameweaver greaves, puresteel greaves,
and/or some lighter greaves.

For feet: shapemaster boots, puresteel boots, some other Magic enhancing boots, and/or some useful sandals.

For belt: Girdle of succor, sunstone blet, girdle of (insert one of the base four stats)

For cloak: Impervious cape, cloak of the shadows, and/or maybe guardian cloak

For necklace: Talisman of might, some magic increasing necklace

I know I'm missing a few, but here are some basic suggestions.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

I know I'm missing a few, but here are some basic suggestions.

Very good suggestions. Thanks! I'll look at this again after the Holidays.

P.S. New link added to editor page: http://www.freewebs.com/microphage/gf4spoilerqa.htm
This page link has a few "spoiler" answers to some things that were a bit tough to me. You can view the page without seeing the answers until you highlight them. Always looking for more ideas so PM me with Q&A's or post questions and anyone responding with a PM answer please CC to me and I'll add it to the page.
Thanks!

P.P.S. I ran across some special items called "Puresteel Rings" in some surprising locations. I didn't make notes of where so it would be great if someone could PM me with locations. As you probably noticed, a regular Puresteel Ring item doesn't work for the Quest "special items" puresteel rings.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #14
Suggestions for custom items...
Weapon- (ranged) 1000-4000 damage, +20 to strength, intelligence, dexterity, and endurance, acid touch

Armour- 100% protection, +5 to AP, +20 to endurance, spine shield

Legs- 20% protection, +5 to AP, +20 to dexterity

Cloak- 20% protection, +5 to AP, +20 to intelligence, +20 to healing craft

Ring- 20% protection, +20 to all shaping skills, +20 to all spell skills, +50 to creation armour

necklace- +50 to creation strength, dexterity, intelligence, and endurance, +50 to creation armour

charm- +200 to strength, +50 to creation strength

charm- +100 to all resistances for yourself and creations

Okay, so there is all my custom items ideas.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #15
One thing about those custom items is that if you make stuff too high it will go into the negatives. I know from experience that you can give +200 to any stat without anything wierd happening, but going much higher than that is probably not advised. Also, the damage weapons do is based on some level, which is not understandable at a glance, which makes making your weapon seem quite impossible to get. From my experiments it seems a weapon can only do about 30-250? without it going negative.

[ Monday, December 24, 2007 20:30: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

One thing about those custom items is that if you make stuff too high it will go into the negatives. I know from experience that you can give +200 to any stat without anything wierd happening, but going much higher than that is probably not advised. Also, the damage weapons do is based on some level, which is not understandable at a glance, which makes making your weapon seem quite impossible to get. From my experiments it seems a weapon can only do about 30-250? without it going negative.
OK, back from the Holidays. I'm thinking that 255 (or 256) may be the magic number.

Also, am working on a God Mode type of character. It looks like it'll require a save game included to get past the tutorials. May just put it farther in the south map.

I've done quite a bit of refining to the editor and it's better now. However, I've noticed a strange problem with trying to use the links in the 1st post of this thread. My browser (XP IE7) appears to go to the site, even has a tab, but comes right back to the link page. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated! My best work around is to go directley to the page and download from there.

I've dedicated that page to Avernum and Geneforge 4 with Spiderweb the only links out. Copying and pasting don't help. I'm going to try to post the direct link in 2 ways and test that.

Here goes:

www.freewebs.com/microphage or

www-freewebs-com/microphage and you'll have to change the 2 "-" to "." and until I get this figured out. It didn't do this before I went out of town. Maybe my computers still on Holiday! (grin)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #17
Nalyd's added up to 350 to intelligence. And 1000 on a weapon, and 500 on armor.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #18
I'm curious as to Jeff's reasoning for not incorporating an editor in the first place. It's amusing to wreak havoc with an invincible character once in a while.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #19
People would just do it too often and not get the full experience of the game.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:

Nalyd's added up to 350 to intelligence. And 1000 on a weapon, and 500 on armor.
There's the Mental Focus charm that adds 320 to Intelligence and 20 to Creations. I have a character with 351 Intelligence. The properties of that charm look promising. I've just finished my Spell Editor so will continue to study this. Thanks for the input and reachable goals to work on!

quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

It's amusing to wreak havoc with an invincible character once in a while.
I agree totally! Play as a Singleton and just strew mayhem throughout the land! This is always a fun thing to do now and then and something close to "God Mode" is in the works! (Just finished, added and made available Spell Editing in GF4Editor.)

Thanks to all for input! Keep those ideas and comments coming!

quote:

People would just do it too often and not get the full experience of the game.
The general idea of an editor and God Mode is to add to the experience, not take away. I believe the new Nethergate has a built in editor. Many of the other Spiderweb Games have them as well. Jeff doesn't seem to shy away from them, just doesn't add them to every game. Heh, besides, what would we script dabblers do? (grin!)

Anyhow, thanks again for all your input. (Hey look ma! Three quotes and replies in 1 post!) Getting the rust and dust polished off my UBB and scripting. Later!
Micro Phage

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #21
Well, I've been promising. Now it's GODMODE time!

Check out new addition to GF4 Editor:

GF4 GODMODE items. Entry point: Sign on right of Rebel docks. Once items equipped you are totally invulnerable. Have very high health, Spell and Essence energy. A "Rain of Fire Sword" that kills every enemy instantly with devastating fire. Just choose the enemy closest to you and all enemies in a large area around
you die. No harm to you or any "friendlies" in range. Action Armor gives you 32 Action Points instead of 8! 50 plus to hit chance, 15 to stun resistance. Radically adds to various skills and effects. Custom charms include "Brain Boulder", "Mechanical Marvel" and "God Bod" which increase several stats. Brain Boulder combined with Mental Focus can total over 400 Intelligence points! It increases intelligence by 50 luck 50 and 30 to intelligence of creations. Mechanical Marvel increases 50 to Mechanical Skills, 20 Dexterity and 30 to intelligence of creations. God Bod increases Strength 50, Endurance 50 and 30 to intelligence of creations. This gives creations 90 plus! Also has some custom pods and gourds called Essence Energy Gourd and Essence Energy Pod (effect: 2600-7800) and Health Pod (effect: heal group 2600-15600) that when used sparingly will max out your new Health, Energy, and Essence levels. (Don't panic when Health, Energy and Essence seem to bottom out. You've lost NOTHING but GAINED an amazing higher limit to those stats. Use Pods/Gourds to balance out and fill.) They need to be experimented with for optimum results to accommodate different character levels you may add these abilities to. Just save your game first and have fun. Once maxed out the only stat that might change is Essence depending on how many creations you may or may not have or add. Overall Protection: 250% plus. Overall resistances: 125-400 plus.

You have to try this to believe it! Tested with all levels, creatures, charms, etc. CLEAN!

EDIT: Typo.

[ Friday, February 08, 2008 20:05: Message edited by: Micro Phage ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:

Cool! Thanks for the inspiration! How does 400 plus Intelligence (saw around 800 with 2 Mental Focus charms which was experienced during testing. I think there is only 1 available normally in game). And 2,500-25,000 on an instant death large area effect weapon sound? The "Rain of Fire Sword" for my GODMODE weapon has killed about 20 enemies at once over a fairly large area and only needs to target any enemy in sight range to kill all enemies in a circle around you that extends beyond sight. Watch your world map (shift-d showmeall) to see the little red lights go out! (Enemies around corners, not line of sight and friendlies not affected.) Then go pick up the loot. I kept armor in the 250 plus range. Anything with over 100% protection is no more or less effective than 1000%. Still invulnerable. Some stats if changed too much will go negative on you. I kept adjusting various stats till New Game stats or Final Scene stats stayed balanced.

Check it out... And thanks again for your input and ideas!

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #23
Hey Micro..how about we do a complete rewrite of the G4 scripts? :P

With cameos and custom weapons and custom items and so much more! :P

How about it?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #24
Quit pushing your luck! :P

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."

Pages