Stuck.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Stuck.
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #0
Does the N corner of the boiling caverns lead to anything? If so, how or where do you get past the mud?

Im stuck in certain parts of the game, cant kill the battle alphas at chickweed bridge, nor the drakia in the house in the same area. the bombs in the carin Gates. or the shapers in Shardfield. The only red areas are
chickweed brdige and Carin Gates. Did I miss something that is preventing me from going any further?

Thanks,

mary :confused:
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #1
No..there's nothing up north of what you said in the Boiling Mudpits..

For the other areas..sometimes they are story-inclined so you can't pass them yet..

For Chickweed Bridge..be stealthy, avoid alphas, and go to the middle of the bridge to find a mine trigger and set it to "Explode a little later" or something like that..for the drake..you might want to pass him..but..if you're stealthy (and good) enough..you can steal his loot..

To make it all easier..find a walkthrough, follow it, and finish the game..

--------------------
This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show.
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #2
The Battle Alphas are tough this early into the game. There is a way by stealth involving coming from the west and tinkering with the controls on the bridge, though.

The shapers in shardfield? I presume you're talking about the shaper camp south of shardfield: forget it. It's not meant to be beatable, especially not before you've reached the end of chapter 4.

I'm not sure what bombs you're talking about. There are mines in the northeast of Cairn Gates, but if you can't disarm them you should probably find a way of taking down the forcefields emanating from the pylons. Search for a control panel in the eastern part of Cairn Gates.

There is nothing north of the Boiling Caverns (well, apart from the Sea that is)

Edit: It seems I'm a wee bit late :mad:

[ Wednesday, September 05, 2007 03:36: Message edited by: Locmaar ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
The Cairn Gates has two ways through. One was meant to be leadership of 6 to talk the drakon into shutting down the field so you can get through. The other is combat where you fight and/or sneak your way up the east side to reach the control yourself.

Mines require 8 mechanics for most of the first chapter to disarm. These were meant for players who wanted a less combat way of exploring.

Battle alphas and the madden drake can be softened up with icy cystals and then killed, but you have to have some luck, hasted, and get in close to the drake so it can't use it's fiery breath. Battle alphas have to be hit from a distance so they can't melee with you. It helps to have health over 55 with augmentation spell or high endurance.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #4
Or you can create a bunch of Thahds(with two INT of course..), use them as meatshields for the drake and continually mash the drake with attack items..

If you can..wait until the drake is only one hit or two to be killed and let all your Thahds be massacred , then kill the drake to receive optimum effects..

--------------------
This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #5
A Infiltrator can deal with the Shapers, Drayk, and Battle Alphas easy.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
Maybe, but warriors can bash through things (dodges spam).
Also, it is best to impliment strategy.

One of those is a hit and run tactic. I do some damage and run before they kill me.
Or course, there are other strategies too...

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #7
Warriors are inferior to more superior classes like the Infiltrator, the Lifecrafter, and the Servile. Just because it has a sword and bashes things doens't mean it's the best.

--------------------
I don't need no stinking signature.
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #8
You can get Speed, War Blessing, Protection, and Augmentation for those battle and those alone trump any warrior.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #9
i started to lead the caravan to carin gates,some where in spirefield, they vanished. I got the message that they reached there goal and i got the experience. I have no idea where they are. Or I dont know if that was finishing the quest or not, as is still listed. and no reward.

I have leadership 6 and Mechanics 8, the pylons and mines are still killing me. Cant find the control on the east side.(for the pylones)

Are the people im suppose to meet past the pylons and mines. (not the caravan)

Does anyone know if there will be a new GF5 out soon? I really love this game.

thanks for all the help

mary

[ Friday, September 07, 2007 05:19: Message edited by: jazzmine54868 ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Any caravan member who doesn't leave the zone before you do dies.

The two ways to get the pylons down are to either approach the pylons and convince the drakon you meet to do it or to follow the path (to the northeast, I think, but it's really the only other place to look) and turn the spore box off in the small building with the essence (or healing, or both, I don't recall) pool. You should run across it before you have to disable any mines.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #11
how does one person,(level 19) defeat 8 shapers in carin gates. I have created creatures but they get killed off right away.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #12
Do you mean the apprentice Shaper that summons stuff? You have to hit him with everything you have before he can obliterate you.

If you mean that there's eight Shapers there, then there's something wrong with your game. There should only be three or four, not counting the warriors. But if you met the Drakon, the way should be clear except for the aforementioned Shaper.

[ Friday, September 07, 2007 11:39: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #13
sorry, i hadnt had a chance to figure out who was who. there are 4 elite warriors, and 2 blade masters. I thought these were the shapers, my fault. Havet seen the apprenticae shapter yet.Havent seen the Drakon yet. no other shapers.

thanks once again for all the help

mary
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Okay, so are the survivors of the caravan actually in the Cairn Gates zone? Have any messages described the sounds of combat? If not, what exactly happened to the caravan in Spirefield?

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
Daze spell is always your friend. Use it and then go after anyone that wasn't dazed first. It helps if you have some crystals to give extra attacks.

You should have faced the Shaper in front of the gates before fighting the warriors inside the building to the south that has the gate control. I always found that spray crystals will usually kill his creations and seriously wound him.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #16
quote:
Warriors are inferior to more superior classes like the Infiltrator, the Lifecrafter, and the Servile. Just because it has a sword and bashes things doens't mean it's the best.

I never saind it was the best. I just like it.
quote:
You can get Speed, War Blessing, Protection, and Augmentation for those battle and those alone trump any warrior.

I can buff up better. I also have 2 drayks and a drakon to back me up. Plus several pods and spores. Powerfull equipment. My warrior alone may not be very powerfull, but my creations make me extremely powerfull.

--------------------
I like this image
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
If you have drayks, drakons, and ultrapowerful equipment in the demo area, you're cheating.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #18
Yes we were talking about the Cairn Gates.

And however many creations a warrior has, a lifecrafter can have more and numbers really make a difference. It's all about action points in geneforge.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #19
i met no one before i went thru the pylons. I killed off 3 monsters on the way to the room with the switch. As far as the caravan goes, i have no idea where they went to. I followed them from sinkhole bridge (where i found them) thru spirefield, and then sometime they disappeared. i got a message that i got the expereice, and they got to where they were going safely. I never entered Carin gates with them. The caravan quest is still on my list. Went back to southforge, to find greta. but everyone had evacuated. so that was no help.
The only ones i have ran into is the blademasters and elite warriors after i got thru the pylons. Do all the doors in Carin gates open up,in time. i have tried daze, and it doesnt seem strong enough. No matter what i try. i keep getting killed off.

Once again thanks to everyone for all their help and patience.

Mary
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
So they survived the small Shaper checkpoint, outlasted the roamer attack, made it safely to the other side of Spirefield, and then disappeared? Weird. It sounds like a bug. Do you have any earlier save games to revert back to?

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #21
What Shaper checkpoint, roamer attack?

are you speaking of the entrance to carin gates thru spirefield.
Yes i have quite a few saved games to revert back to.

mary
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
In Spirefield, you should have entered from the east, found the caravan nearby, and led them west. You would have come across a hostile soldier, mage, artila, and two turrets. It is also possible to defeat these enemies before leading the caravan across the zone. After defeating those enemies, you should next have been attacked by several exploding roamers, but that only happens if you have the caravan was with you. Then there would have been a message about the roamer attack ending and the caravan should have exited the zone. If that hasn't happened, then whatever is left of the caravan is probably still in Spirefield.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #23
quote:
If you have drayks, drakons, and ultrapowerful equipment in the demo area, you're cheating.

Dikiyoba.

I was talking about my save in which I have beaten the final stage.

Edit -I am not like that lazy Emperor Tullegolar. I don't cheat.

Anyway...did you let the serving serviles exit the area before you? That could have been the problem.

[ Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:08: Message edited by: Iffy will bring you happiness. ]

--------------------
I like this image
Apprentice
Member # 10216
Profile #24
is there any way for me to shape a servile that ca hold my extra items?

Pages