Forging

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Forging
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
This poll is about forging.

I personally liked the G3, G4 way of forging better than the G1, G2 way. I like the anvil, it was a good idea to add it as it adds a whole new dimension to the game.

I liked the items of G3 the best, specifically the artifacts. In G4 I miss the Emerald Chestguard a lot.

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 5 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=kFHMPgEkKOQQ"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=kFHMPgEkKOQQ"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #1
Isn't the Emerald Chestguard an A4 artifact?

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The emerald chestguard started in GF3 and was copied with several other Geneforge items to A4 to save Jeff time.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #3
Didn't it start in G2?
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
I never knew that the emerald chestguard was in G3.
I only knew my favorite armor from A4 from A4.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

I will kill whoever sings "the muffin man". The song is total bull.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, the emerald chestguard was an artifact in G2.

I don't favor one crafting system over the other. G2's system meant that I didn't have to worry about remembering the recipes. G4 lets me enchant equipment, but not many of the effects seem worthwhile (and I didn't even bother with crystals and wands).

Did G1 even have any forging besides the crystals/wands in the mines?

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Muffin transformed into flamingo:

I never knew that the emerald chestguard was in G3.
I only knew my favorite armor from A4 from A4.

In G2 and G3, it is hugely more powerful: the emerald chestguard in A4 pluses another 2 action points bonus.
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #7
I believe that in G5 all the more powerful artefacts should be crafted and a few maybe found and awarded - but very few.
I think it'd go well with the story where there's an all out war and a huge destruction (even weapons and armour shattered).

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!