Things you would like to see in Geneforge 5

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Things you would like to see in Geneforge 5
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #25
Dominatrish :P

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Are you toying with us again, or are you being serious?

Jeff gives some hints that are views about creations aren't exactly what we thought. When Jeff releases the game I'll post some quotes that most people won't get to see for a few days to weeks depending upon what they decide to do in the game. One of them was my favorite for the whole game and another might make Emperor Tullegolar rethink his views about the Geneforge.

[ Sunday, November 12, 2006 21:31: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #27
I would like to see the Minor Heal and Curing graphics switched. I always get them mixed up. The bandages just make more sense as a healing spell.

[ Sunday, November 12, 2006 21:51: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Artequila:

Dominatrish :P
Submission vlish.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #29
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Artequila:
Dominatrish
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
Submission vlish.
Radiovlish appear!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

I would like to see the Minor Heal and Curing graphics switched. I always get them mixed up. The bandages just make more sense as a healing spell.
The same images for Healing and Curing spells have been used for so many different spells between Nethergate, four Avernum games and now four Geneforge games that they are just messed up in my head. Personally, I'd like to see new healing and curing images that don't constantly get switched around. Otherwise, the images are just confusing.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #31
create survile

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
Dispell confusion.

I don't bother to remember the graphics, I just try to avoid hitting the wrong key since I prefer the keyboard for spells..
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #33
Somewhere to act as storage for all my things, illbegotten or otherwise. Even a shack would do, just somewhere that I can leave items safely.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #34
You can leave items safely anywhere you want.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #35
Just be aware that there is an item limit for each area. Hey, this will be also in GF4?

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Guardian Magma:

Just be aware that there is an item limit for each area. Hey, this will be also in GF4?
Are you sure there's an area limit? I think there's actually just a limit to the number of things you can put in each block.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #37
I'd like to have the quick save and open quick save hot keys not right next to each other. That has lead to much suffering.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by SNM:

quote:
Originally written by Guardian Magma:

Are you sure there's an area limit? I think there's actually just a limit to the number of things you can put in each block.

Well, in GF2 I usually putting all scattered on ground, but at some point I see a message like: "I cannot doing this" or such.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #39
If there is an on the ground item limit in G4, I didn't find it. I did amass quite a pile of stuff I'd leave in a convenient location in a particular town. It might be true that you'll hit a limit in one tile, but I was dropping stuff in a general area by a town gate, and it likely wasn't all in just one tile space.

It's certainly nice (and nonsensical) that there are no thieves in the towns, and I can leave the most humongous valuable stash o' stuff anywhere and it will always be there waiting for me when I return.

-S- is for don't Steal my Stash.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #40
Synergy, that -S- gimmick lost its panache a looooong time ago...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #41
Eh, is there any gimmick that doesn't? I think mine's run about a month, but let it not be said that I am immune to criticism.

-S-

EDIT: Hey! What the--

My Synergy nick is now "reserved" by another member? I can't get it back. Is this a UBB bug or did someone actually take it?

[ Friday, November 17, 2006 21:00: Message edited by: S is for Synergy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #42
The "other member" may be you. The UBB is very bad at releasing used monikers, and it's especially bad at releasing them to the account that used them in the first place. Don't try to understand it.

—Alorael, whose gimmick isn't stale. It's just hardened and toughened by years of good use, and he'll hear no suggestions to the contrary.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #43
It's a bug. Keep your current nickname for a while and then try again. It might give it back to you then.

Edit: Alorael got in before Dikiyoba.

[ Friday, November 17, 2006 21:15: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Justication:

The "other member" may be you.
I am beside myself at having become my own worst enemy. :[

-S-

P.S. I wonder how many scores of monikers to which you've now burned the bridge, Alorael? Maybe there is no going home again once you venture out from the safety of your original moniker. Though, come to think of it, I began my visitations here under my present remoniker, so if you wait up to a year or more, evidently one's original title may be regurgitated for recycling.

[ Saturday, November 18, 2006 01:44: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
I believe your login name is always available to you and never available to anyone else. It's only the variations that are more difficult.

—Alorael, who is unfazed by this fact. He never looks back in his moniker changes.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #46
This sound like a "Justi(fi)cation". Is this related to your moniker?

EDIT: Actually no, you posted this after the change. >_<

[ Saturday, November 18, 2006 08:58: Message edited by: Guardian Magma ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7674
Profile #47
Unlimited Inventory, or at least, a lot more slots with all like items occupying a single slot. For example, 5 suits of the same armor occupy one slot. Something like the magic bags in Neverwinter Nights where you can dump items in them and they become weightless, and with enough bags you can carry a warehouse on your back. Better yet, do away with encumbrance by weight altogether.

One of the principle frustrations of most RPG games is dealing with the huge number of items you end up acquiring. Inventory management is as fun as, well, inventory management. I am signing on to play a game, not practice accounting, and I don't care whether something is "realistic" or not, just simple. A magic backpack with unlimited storage capacity is as "realistic" in a fantasy world as anything else. Managing a huge hoard of items is tedious and detracts from game play.

Along similar lines I don't want to have to save a copy of evey teapot, plate and kitchen knife because it might be necessary to fulfill a quest. Make quests action-oriented, not item-oriented, unless it's a special item you have to do something special to get.

Finally (and I forget whether this is already a feature in Geneforge or not) would be the ability to equip NPCs with armor and weapons of your choice, and/or use them or your creations as pack mules.

Anyway, looking forward to Geneforge 4 as this really is one of the best RPGs out there. Keep up the good work!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #48
Jeff revised the encumberance system as he announced so all items in the backpack and quick item slots don't count for weight. There still aren't enough slots in the pack so you have to decide between carrying what you think you will need and making lots of trips to bring back loot (as I''m making my third trip back for more).

He also increased the number of items you want to keep with you so get selective.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
There's a reason for limited backpacks. Not being able to carry literally everything you could conceivably need and still be able to carry out all the loot you acquire means you need to make strategy decisions. The game is slightly better for it.

—Alorael, who finds the game vastly better for the revamped encumberance system. It's now possible to play a frail caster or shaper without collapsing under the weight of anything valuable you pick up.

Pages