Good news!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Good news!
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #125
Having to travel through the Ur Vlish infested marshes to kill the ice cloud exploding rats to retrieve the vellum to make the dinner invitations was difficult.

Delivering the actual invitations was even harder. Sheesh. And getting the third faction to show up at the dinner on time.

Only to have the snot golem show up and crash the party. Yuck.

Has anybody managed to beat the snot golem yet and get the mucus infused puresteel shank? I keep having problems with all the little boogerlings that get chopped off and attack you. Nasty little wormy boogerlings. They sneeze acidic snot all over you.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #126
You need to use mass madness to get them to fight amongst themselves. Unfortunately they them explode into more mindless worms that are immune to daze and madness spells. I'm still trying to get past that part. That ridiculous high resistance to magic attacks makes it like playing an Avernum singleton in Torment mode. You keep plinking away for a few points of damage each round.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #127
The magic immune monsters suck.

I don't like those at all. Or shielded magic immune monsters... The sorts where you stab them with a shaped blade and do 3 damage. And a second later they lash out with a ring of ice or a ring of fire or a ring of magic damage and blast you for 300 hit points worth of damage. Area of effect spells just blow shapers into meatballs.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #128
I tried to do it a shaper type so I could hang back outside the blast radius and have my higher health creations do the fighting. I became a deadweight shaper that just hangs around to heal them.

I don't know about doing some of these encounters as a glass cannon agent type. You don't have a lot of health with 1 endurance.

I think Jeff is out to get us. Have you seen the new opening graphic for the new beta? Coming to dinner with the drakons takes on a whole new meaning.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #129
Where do I take the Xian Skull? I still can't figure that part out.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #130
Why, either Jeff has gone insane, or some very naughty beta-testers are lying to the poor little unprivileged members. . .

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #131
You can't believe 95% of what beta-testers tell you. I mean heck, some of them probably aren't even beta testers...

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #132
Sorry. It had to be done.

[ Saturday, November 04, 2006 23:33: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #133
Was anyone able to get into the hidden crypt? I read som message dialogs in that script which seem to indicate that it was a vahantai. WTF? I thought Jeff had said that there was no mix between the two games. It must be a red herring.

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #134
No, the red herring quest required getting through a door in the Gummy Golem Grove that required Living Tool Use of 32. Slartucker is working out the math right now how much Brain Dexterity affects Digit Coordination and Dumb Luck also required to open the door.

-S- is for Silly.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #135
quote:
Originally written by -X-:

Why, either Jeff has gone insane, or some very naughty beta-testers are lying to the poor little unprivileged members. . .

Now why would beta testers lie? Once the game is released it will all become much clearer. We are bound by the NDA in revealing certain information.

As for that 32 living tool door, it needs the Mechanic's tool chest to reduce the difficulty. You'll find it if you poke around in enough chests nearby. I can't disclose more since Jeff wants us to play independently.

[ Sunday, November 05, 2006 01:10: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #136
This topic must be a hallucination. At least I hope the words "snot golem" are.

quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

[As for that 32 living tool door, it needs the Mechanic's tool chest to reduce the difficulty. You'll find it if you poke around in enough chests nearby. I can't disclose more since Jeff wants us to play independently.
*runs of and falls into a pond*

Now seriously, Jeff wouldn't put the Xian Skull in GF4. I'm convinced it must be a hallucination.

[ Sunday, November 05, 2006 04:31: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #137
irony: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #138
Ironycentral Style! V_V

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #139
quote:
Originally written by S is for Synergy:

Slartucker is working out the math right now how much Brain Dexterity affects Digit Coordination and Dumb Luck also required to open the door.
For the last time Synergy, Dumb Luck doesn't affect opening doors unless the doors were not given 2 points of Intelligence. And Brain Dexterity is always a worse value than Digit Coordination -- by the time the math is about to favor Brain Dexterity, the 10-cap kicks in. The bonus from the Gazerskin Knickers is still useful, although I prefer the Quicksilver Thong in general.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #140
Bah, the Mercury Codpiece OWNZORS all.

The Puresteel Pantaloons aint bad either.

Anybody experimented with the Animal Husbandry skill yet? I was able to get my Artillas to do the nasty, and secured an area with a collection of nests for them, but nothing ever happened. Why? Anybody figured this out yet? I'd really love to have a chance at things like augmented and charged creations, but I can not seem to get them to breed. The Fireburst Fyoras would be awesome to have if somebody could just make the little buggers do what comes natural.

--------------------

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #141
You need at least 4 points in Animal Husbandry AND several extra points in the appropriate shaping skill at the time you shape a creation you want to use in breeding. Otherwise, they won't be made capable of it.

I recommend breeding Ornks so you can get an Oozebeast or a Nine-Headed Ornk!

Note however that breeding is in violation of Shaper law and will change your dialogue options in a few places. You can get around this by using Learned Darian.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #142
Breeding doesn't do you much good if you don't have Nutritious Goo with Calcium to feed the little ones. They might be dying before you realize that they're born. You'll get some in a few of the Shaper clubs, but it helps to have Botany.

—Alorael, who is currently playing the Shaper side and finding that inviting the drakons to dinner is just as hard. Ur-ornks are surprisingly resilient.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6559
Profile #143
IMAGE(http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e32a450bda.jpg)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #144
The endgame is considerably more difficult when playing as a servile cultist. Since you didn't use the geneforge, you can only gain skills through self-flagellation, which isn't too bad in the early game but gets extremely bad when you need to augment shields with steel spines facing inwards instead just to get that third level of Mass Energize.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #145
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

The endgame is considerably more difficult when playing as a servile cultist. Since you didn't use the geneforge, you can only gain skills through self-flagellation, which isn't too bad in the early game but gets extremely bad when you need to augment shields with steel spines facing inwards instead just to get that third level of Mass Energize.
This is true. Jeff was nice enough to put in the Servile as a playable character, but the constant flagellation is a chore, as is the constant loss of health. Also, the loss of leadership for the Servile stinks. All you have is the Groveling skill, which makes you sound like a total tard in every conversation you enter with something that is not either a creation or a servile. And then there is the whole "every shaper you meet has a small chance to absorb you" thing. At least that can be offset with extreme canister use.

At least the Infiltrator gets sex appeal.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6559
Profile #146
I hear the best part about playing as an augmented servile is deciding to join the shapers.

[ Sunday, November 05, 2006 14:21: Message edited by: Silb Aran ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #147
The dynamics of playing as a servile are pretty different, though. The part where you have the other serviles accompanying you is considerably more awkward when you have to heap abuse upon them before they're willing to hurl themselves into certain death because you say so.

—Alorael, who likes the grains of truth mixed in with the chunks of lies, damn lies, and statistics. Won't you be surprised when you find out the role that Sex Appeal plays. Or maybe flagellation. Or maybe sending serviles into certain death. Or maybe vahnatai.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #148
Anyone figure out how to get the other vlish creations? I wanted the one that heals allies so I can fight instead of wasting time healing. I keep getting the terror vlish and then have to spend my time chasing after the experience.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #149
You need access to the Central Shaping Vat, a bar of essence infused puresteel, and demon bile. Then you need a lot of luck and a means to generate electricity. A charged orb or an electrical creation should stand on the charging platform.

Repair the vat with the infused puresteel and the demon bile. Activate the vat with electricity and pulling the lever hidden behind the pillar just a bit southwest. Click on the vat to see your creation options.

Remember to have high shaping skills, otherwise, the resulting explosion will kill you. If you can, get the Pacification Vlish. No enemy in the game can resist the effects of that kind of Vlish.

To bad you can't access the Central Shaping Vat till after you deal with the Shaper Council.

--------------------

Pages