Questions, troubles and help needed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Questions, troubles and help needed
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #0
Hi,

I usually come to this excellent forum when I need help and always find nice people willing to give their time to help me.
I decided to create this thread so I (or anyone) won't have to be opening a new one for each question or puzzle we come across.

My question now: I am already around Mertis and decided to complete old quests before doing the Cauldron spawn quest. Incredibly I am still unable to find the 3rd missing shipment someone in Fort Monastery asked me locate. Could anyone give indications for the 3 of them? I have looked at the walkthrough but haven't found positive results.
Also, the "Rat Hunt around Formello" quest is proving difficult, I keep walking in circles but all I have found is just 3 rat tails :(

For your time and help, thank you very much in advance!
Marcelo.

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 09:54: Message edited by: Marcelo ]

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 1819
Profile #1
Okay, let's see..

the rats tails are found in three places. You have to leave and wander around and then come back to see if another rat has been generated. Shutting the door/gates when you leave helps I found. It takes time..which can be annoying.

The missing shipments..one is very hard to find and I stumbled across it just by chance. (not having seen the world map at the time). One is near the bridge by the fort. One is near the lizardman camp you have to get a special key from before heading to Fort Draco. The third and hardest, I thought, is just a bit south of where the road curves to go east to Fort Draco.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #2
Dragonlady, thank you for helping me first of all.

I have found two shipments, the one where the road turns (on a kind of wall) and the one by the bridge too, I think I am missing the one you mentioned about the lizardman camp, thanks!

I thought it could have something to do with rats regenerating because it happened the same with the bat bits, I have returned and they are there again, so I'll have to be patient then, thank you again!

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #3
The lizardmen are called slithzerikai (sliths).
The catmen are called nephilim.

There are no sliths in between Fort Monastery and Fort Draco. There are nephilim.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Dragonlady:

The missing shipments..one is very hard to find and I stumbled across it just by chance. (not having seen the world map at the time). One is near the bridge by the fort. One is near the lizardman camp you have to get a special key from before heading to Fort Draco. The third and hardest, I thought, is just a bit south of where the road curves to go east to Fort Draco.
Lizardmen? I don't see any sliths around the Fort Draco route...

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Dikiyoba thinks that Dragonlady is talking about the friendly nephil camp between the Fort Monastery bridge and the Fort Draco-Fort Monastery checkpoint.
Apprentice
Member # 6943
Profile #6
Did you get the one near the worm tunnels?

--------------------
Reality is overrated.

Visit the official Amana site with this URL. www.freewebs.com/Richia4444
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #7
Thanks everybody, I finally got all of them and the rat tails too ;)

What I want to know now is what is the real effect of "static"? I've been fighting undead and some of them tend to "cover" me with static, but I don't see any strange icon or effect (like say curse or slow), so, what is static all about?

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #8
I think it may remove (or hasten the removal of) buffs. I'm not too sure on this one though.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #9
According to the scripts, the "surrounds you with static" ability is a debuffing ability. I'm pretty sure that it reduces the duration, but it might also reduce the power of the effect.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Apprentice
Member # 1819
Profile #10
Oops, I couldn't remember how to spell the long version of the Sliths and your correct it was the cat folk you had to get a key from. There is so much to this game its hard to keep track. :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #11
Another question: can you make your own potions if you have the right ingredients? I am asking because on the way to Almaria (south from the honeycomb) there's this merchant nephilim who sells herbs and even a kind of pot to mix them, so I was wondering if I should buy it or it's only alchemists at towns who can make them??
Thanks.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6801
Profile #12
You can't make your own potions. There is no alchemy skill in Avernum 4. It may be useful to buy ingredients and then get help from an alchemist in town, probably cheaper than buying the potion.
It is also an easy way to resolve some quest when you are asked to find a potion ingredient (like graymold in the demo).
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
A warning about alchemy: save up all the ingredients you find unless you really, really need potions. You can find someone near the end of the game who will make Knowledge Brews for you, and he needs one of each ingredient for every potion he makes. In particular, be very careful about how you use Energetic Herbs and Mandrake, since those are the rarest. (Don't be too stingy, though. Some people will make very powerful equipment for you if you give them mandrake, and most of the time you'd much rather have the equipment than one or two extra Knowledge Brews.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #14
Thank you Thuryl! I have plenty of potions for very tough fights and therefore I haven't requested a lot of potion to order. I have a lot of herbs and was wondering how long should I keep saving them. I just reached the Castle and now I will definitely save them! ;)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #15
I am already in Fort Emerald to do the Crystal box quest, but was wondering about the 3rd Test which I still haven't found. The shade in test 2 said "in the tunnels northwest of Cotra" but when I am there I just see the forest with a couple of entrances to the chitrach's maze, is that what the shade meant? will I have to go down there to look again??? :(

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 961
Profile #16
Yes, it's in the chitrach's cave. Nobody's sorrier than I am to tell you this. I HATED that cave. Too long and too tedious.

Remember that it's found northwest of Cotra and northeast of Fort Dranlon. Pretty much right in the middle of those two points.

---Zelda

--------------------
Hey, where are we going? And what's with the handbasket?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #17
Really, the 3rd test is northeast of Fort Dranlon. At least I think I'm remembering that correctly...

EDIT: Drat, beaten to the post. Um... (insert more useful comment here)

[ Monday, April 17, 2006 19:39: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #18
The third test is nearest the Chitrach tunnels entrance east of Fort Dranlon in that small building. Go north along the east edge to the next map section north. When the path reaches a 6 way intersection go northeast.

It doesn't take that long to search them all. At least it's easier than the Honeycomb where you have to keep shifting levels.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #19
Thanks a lot, I will look where you indicated when I get home, right now I am in my job, er.. working, yes! ;)
And I agree, there is nothing like the Honeycomb.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 5663
Profile #20
nvm wrong forum sry

[ Friday, April 21, 2006 17:07: Message edited by: Mister Fox ]

--------------------
I'm drunk as think as you not am I.