Will Spiderweb issue licenceson a Sunday, ya think?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Will Spiderweb issue licenceson a Sunday, ya think?
Apprentice
Member # 1915
Profile #0
I can't beleive I ran into the end of the demo already... how will I survive till tomorrow?

Need ... license ... key ... now....
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
Yeah, is it just me, or is the barrier a lot closer to the start of the game? Surely I've not played a fifth of it yet...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #2
Actually, I remember someone saying (writing) that the A4 demo was way smaller than one fifth of the game.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #3
2 things.#1 Trying to pirate a game on its own forum is just plain stupid.#2 All keys are different.

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by The REAL Nathan Ashby:

2 things.#1 Trying to pirate a game on its own forum is just plain stupid.#2 All keys are different.
Eh? But I'm pretty sure he/she wasn't asking for a registration key. He/she was just saying he couldn't wait for the registration key he/she might have ordered to arrive, in my opinion : 'how will I survive till tomorrow?'.

[EDITED]

[ Sunday, March 05, 2006 07:44: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
quote:

But it isn't that hard once you figure out how to do it.

I don't do it, however, I want Jeff to continue making games.

(Input TM falme of A4 here)

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 1915
Profile #6
Thanks, Lurker, for taking a moment to read my post - you understood me correctly.

Nathan Ashby - ease up on your trigger finger, friend, and take a moment to actually read the subject of the message.

I have bought almost all of Jeff's games (and those I didn't buy, I didn't play past the demo... I feel the need to be explicit lest you misunderstand me somehow to mean that the one's i didn't buy were the ones I pirated)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
Spidweb doesn't work on weekends.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #8
Ok I took you too seriously.Alot of people post topics asking for keys and another I'm not Nathan Ashby ,Im Shuan Wuan.

--------------------

Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

Ok I took you too seriously.Alot of people post topics asking for keys and another I'm not Nathan Ashby ,Im Shuan Wuan.
I think we had gathered that you weren't Nathan Ashby...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #10
This seems the right place for it...

How much more is there to explore once you've reached the Shareware Barrier? I'm pretty good with the geography of Avernum, and it seems there's a lot more, from what I know, but that map looks pretty small...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

Actually, I remember someone saying (writing) that the A4 demo was way smaller than one fifth of the game.
It actually is very small. Too small to convince me to buy it. It had not that addictive effect of the other demos, when I had to register because I was in the middle of the game and couldn't stop anymore.
Since I don't like the new engine at all, I'm not sure though whether I would have registered if the demo had been bigger ...

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #12
Actually I was just the opposite. I managed to get used to the interface by the time I was halfway through the goblin lairs. When around the Motrax caves it warned me about the shareware barrier was close and I just went ahead and purchased at that point. I think I had only been playing for about four or so hours. :D

I personally love the new engine with everything being more or less on the same map. No more listening to stupid fanfare when I enter a city for example.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Frobozz:

Actually I was just the opposite. I managed to get used to the interface by the time I was halfway through the goblin lairs. When around the Motrax caves it warned me about the shareware barrier was close and I just went ahead and purchased at that point. I think I had only been playing for about four or so hours. :D

I personally love the new engine with everything being more or less on the same map. No more listening to stupid fanfare when I enter a city for example.

I have to agree.

I know it sounds awful, and I relaly like the old Avernum system, but I surprisingly loved Avernum 4 (except for the Lightning that isn't lightning). I ordered it a few days ago, and am just waiting for JV to see and then email me the code (darned weekends).

So, apart from a few graphics issues, which I'm sure the spidweb boards have enough voluunteers to fix, I think Avernum 4's one of their best out. Not quite THE best, that's still got to be Exile 3 (my first) or Av2, but still good.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 6794
Profile #14
Is there a back up or something? Today's a work day, and I ordered mine on Saturday, but it still hasn't arrived :(
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
I ordered, paid for and received BoA within a single half hour, but that was on a Tuesday evening (midday, Jeff's time) and before A4 was out. He's probably a lot more busy now than usually.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #16
If you can pay by credit card, do so over the phone. They'll ask you for your game ID and give you the registration code right then and there, and then mail you the paper copy.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
Apprentice
Member # 6794
Profile #17
I hadn't even thought about ordering over the phone (maybe next time) but that's a good point about "Jeff's Time" He's in PST, right? I'm in EST and I hadn't even though of that.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #18
Ephesos read Michi's post.He calls me "Nathan Ashby".

--------------------

Visit the RIFQ Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #19
I ordered mine yesterday, and just got the email about 15 minutes ago. I guess he was backed up with a huge quantity of orders to process as the windows release was so recent.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s