A4 Bugs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A4 Bugs
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
In antipation for the PC version and near-term bug fixes, we should assemble a list of things to fix. Post anything you have below:

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #1
Well, there's the dispellable barriers in Fort Emerald.
And apparently you can shoot Gorath Icelord (nice name) from afar without him ever hurting you, since I don't think he can move.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #2
If you tell your characters to walk a long way and they run into somebody, they just stop instead of going around.

Many encounter dialogues (the one I remember specifically is Hrickis) don't begin early enough; I often get moved into combat and go through a few rounds before I start talking to them. If I didn't move up with my melee fighters, I probably would never get the encounter dialogue.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
"Many encouter dialogues" is not specific enough. To report bugs to be fixed, you need to extremely precise.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by SNM:

(the one I remember specifically is Hrickis)
I'm working from memory here; I'm not a beta-tester and didn't keep a log of them. Though I've kept logs before, so perhaps I'll start. ;)

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #5
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but the Transient Sentinals guarding Demonslayer don't give exp and first aid doesn't work after you fight them. (are first aid returns exp based?)
And I don't think it's because of the level difference, although I am level 20.

Also, when training skills, if you meet the requirements for a special skill, it wont appear until you leave the training screen and then hit train again.
And, you can only train twice in riposte. You have to leave the training screen and come back, then you can train twice more.

Is it just me, or are hp's much harder to obtain them sp? I have 7 in INT and 10 in END and I have 130 hp's and 165 sp's.

[ Thursday, December 29, 2005 13:52: Message edited by: Duality ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #6
At least the yellow nephil PC's attack graphic and the "evil altar" graphic are not exactly in the right place in the sheet, I think. The altar has a white left edge.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #7
I complained about those out of place graphics all through the beta. The altars still have them, the ginger nephil still has them when you attack, lots of places and graphics still glitch from certain angles or when animated.

I wish those had been cleaned up better.

Argh.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Apprentice
Member # 6611
Profile #8
Minor text edit: In the end game summarization King Satrrus says that I slayed Dorikus, when actually he escaped to the surface.
Apprentice
Member # 4448
Profile #9
Any time the game creates enemies while in combat mode, after the battle is over you won't be able to get first aid from those enemies. However, if you exit out of combat and then reenter it, you will get the first aid after killing those guys. I don't know which behavior is intended.

--------------------
Yeah, here's a sig. On to more posts...
Apprentice
Member # 1420
Profile #10
I entered Formello (with "permission") from the West. There was no "greeting" related to the restricted access. When I reached the other entrance on the far side of town, the greeting was given as if I had just gotten to town for the first time.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Duality:

And, you can only train twice in riposte. You have to leave the training screen and come back, then you can train twice more.
I had a similar problem with Sharpshooter -- I was only able to raise it once for each time I brought up the training window.

Oh, and then there's the Annatolia/Crewl bug, which I've already sent to Jeff and received a reply along the lines of "Thanks; I'll look into it."

[ Friday, December 30, 2005 22:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #12
A lot of the skills seem to be buggy that way. Gymnastics is capped at a few at a time, and something else -- I think it was either Luck or Tool Use -- only let me raise 10 at a time. (Yeah, yeah, I know...) A pretty weird, if harmless, bug.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #13
Hello. This is my first post.

I registered just so I can report my problem, but then I started up Avernum 4 to get the exact error message, and now everything works fine! I'm using v1.0 on mac OS 10.4.3.

Anyway, the message was along the lines of "can't load zone script [scriptname.txt]". It happened around the ruins NE of fort remote and again when I left fort remote to the west. The Vahnatai warriors there didn't attack me (I now know they were supposed to). I think it also happened in the scree caves a couple times.

I had reinstalled A4, repaired permissions, and restarted the computer, but these steps didn't help. But this morning it all works, so I guess something happened to fix it.

I only hope I haven't missed an event. Will the event play if I go back to those areas? For the Fort Remote area I never saved the game so these events play when I visit for the first time. However, for the other areas, they are long since cleared out. If it happens again, I'll provide better details.
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #14
This is nitpicking, but if you reposte a spined enemy, you don't take damage from the spines on the reposte :)
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #15
There is a road sign in the Great Cave near the Avernite soldiers who tell you about the other Avernite soldiers hunting Chitrachs. It's south of Kraig's mine.

Anyway, the sign says Patrick's Tower is to the southwest but the tower is more like due east.

It also says that Fort Remote is south when southwest would be better, but that's being picky.
Apprentice
Member # 6695
Profile #16
This may not be important, but it's on the same lines as SNM's post.

When I entered the evil slith fort in the Great Cave I went east from the outset into the door that leads to the room with all the barriers. It skipped the encounter dialog about the seeing a giant and the slith chieftain since I didn't go the center path. I got the encounter dialog about the giant and such as I left the area and after I had killed everything, which was sort of wierd.

I also remember a seriously delayed encouter dialog with the small vanhatai camp just west of Fort Remote.

Also, a few times when I resurrected my fourth character, his picture didn't show up (all his info and inventory did, as did the actual character on the screen, just no character picture), and wouldn't until I resurrected him again. Not sure what that was about.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #17
I have been having the same problem with disapearing pictures. I found that going into the party editior and reselecting the image for the charector in question brought it back.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #18
If a Character dies then is resurrected they will return with full spell points. A nice feature to exploit as for 50 sp you gain regain a mage with 300 sp. Also the giants all seem really stupid. You can walk right up to them before they attack. That is the giants which patrol the area around Harston. When a character is using an item in their backpack say a potion it may only be used once then the screen closes. I think this should be the players choice whether the screen closes or not. All items do not fit in the quick slots.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
Riposte shouldn't be fixed. Having a skill should never penalize you, and taking damage for having Riposte would be a penalty.

Quick slots exist for a reason. They are limited for a reason. Your inventory is not meant to be instantly accessible at all times.

—Alorael, who can sound righteous about use of intentory mostly because he never used potions, wands, or scrolls in combat. The most he ever did was switch weapons.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Dupreciation:

Quick slots exist for a reason. They are limited for a reason. Your inventory is not meant to be instantly accessible at all times.
After all, it's not realistic to be able to dig around in your backpack for an item in the same amount of time it takes to grab an item from your belt. The extra AP cost for using an item in your regular inventory reflects this.

(See Fallout for an example of an easily exploitable inventory management system. Using a healing item that was in your hand cost 2 action points. Accessing inventory cost 4 action points, but after that you could use as many items as you liked for no additional AP cost. Very handy if you were badly injured enough to need to use 5 or so healing items at once.)

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 22:48: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #21
I noticed that the tiles for blank areas kind of resemble blue water. But the tiles for water which show up as blue on the automap apear as black space on the screen.
Apprentice
Member # 6704
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by SNM:

Many encounter dialogues (the one I remember specifically is Hrickis) don't begin early enough; I often get moved into combat and go through a few rounds before I start talking to them. If I didn't move up with my melee fighters, I probably would never get the encounter dialogue.

same problem with the vatanai you have to kill (north of formello, in the mortrax dragons tunnel - do not remeber his crazy, but it is the solution of the quest from formellos mayor)
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #23
When you talk to the chitrach tunnel-watching Lieutenant near Fort Remote, he says the undead are to the west. Again, they are to the east.
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #24
More direction issues: Dorun, east of Mertis, says Thorious lives to the southwest, when in fact he lives to the southeast.

Pages