A4 Bugs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A4 Bugs
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #25
But when you are not in combat the inventory screen should remain open.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #26
Here's a weird one...

Battled the chitrach queen today in the Eastern Gallery chitrach tunnels. I managed to defeat her with all 4 members of my party intact. However, one of my guys was sprayed with acid and managed to die just as the queen was defeated and the victory dialog box came up. Oddly enough, I heard his death scream, but he was still alive with 0 hit points. Even funnier, I was able to use my priest to cast a heal spell on this fallen fighter which allowed him to go from 0 hit points to 35, and then to a full healing.

Anyone experienced something like this before?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #27
I noticed that it's possible to kill Abisynthe again and get her nice equipment an infinite number of times.

[ Sunday, January 22, 2006 06:48: Message edited by: Milu ]
Apprentice
Member # 6724
Profile #28
I've got one.
In the second major Slith area, North of the castle,
I approached the lone giant, killed him and continued on my looting spree. When I left much later, I received dialogue about the giant charging at me. I somehow managed to avoid triggering the dialogue at the appropriate time.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #29
Yes generally I found dialogue triggers to not always function. At times I would completely kill everything in a certain room, then on my way out the initial description of the room would trigger. :(

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Yes generally I found dialogue triggers to not always function. At times I would completely kill everything in a certain room, then on my way out the initial description of the room would trigger. :(
Now that I think about it, I've noticed this on several occassions as well. In particular, right before a major battle (like the chitrach queen or even Hrickis) you can see the enemies on screen and even cast a few spells before the dialog sometimes triggers. It just seems to lag a bit at times.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #31
I just fixed several of these, including the infinite Abisynthe problem.

The thing about dialogue triggers for fights is something I have been struggling to fix for several games. It's better than it was, but it still requires some work. It'll probably require some actual engine work in the next game.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #32
I guess Abisynthe no longer makes the wallet grow fatter.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 3371
Profile #33
ok, I'm not sure if this is just my computer... or a real bug
whenever I am in a cave and their is water, well all it shows is black where the water shoud be. the way I know it is water it the fact that it shows as water on the map

--------------------
Row!!!
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

I just fixed several of these, including the infinite Abisynthe problem.

The thing about dialogue triggers for fights is something I have been struggling to fix for several games. It's better than it was, but it still requires some work. It'll probably require some actual engine work in the next game.

- Jeff Vogel

Oh fun, engine work :P Just wondering if you fixed these bugs in the Mac version, Windows Beta or both? Oh, and I'm still out of town, so I'll be able to get to testing in a few days :P

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #35
The quest to get some worm bits from one of the northern mines is ruined if you clear it out first before receiving the quest. Unlike other things (the tribal goblins or shed rats) which continually regenerate after getting the quest.

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Apprentice
Member # 6443
Profile #36
When doing the quest to kill the bugs just east of Fort Remote, if the Lieutenant is killed the mission does not terminate properly.
General Howe still gives you the reward, but it doesn't disappear from the list and you still get the option do drop the meat in the cave.
Apprentice
Member # 6756
Profile #37
Is there a message log feature? On at least one occasion I had problems during combat because the number of creatures being poisoned was enough that I couldn't tell who was casting the poison spell because it would scroll off the screen...

(reposted from Sudden Ending, where I posted by mistake)
Apprentice
Member # 6724
Profile #38
I may have just triggered a new bug, and I think I'm being punished for stealing.

I'm playing a singleton party on normal, and I just entered the Formello mines area for the first time. For some reason, every box that normally contains items in this area is now empty. Also, every item on the ground is gone.

This includes the items protected by the thorny fungus in the southeast mine, any gear belonging to the miners, and every item in the mine with the splice-worm infestation. Goodwife Hortense still sells gear as normal. Also, a little to the south, the farms north of Formello don't have the same problem, so at least it's an isolated issue. I didn't see this bug on the list of 1.0.1 fixes, and I don't think I saw this bug posted anywhere else in the forums.

So. . .do I get a prize? ;)
Apprentice
Member # 6751
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by smackhead_onrock:

I may have just triggered a new bug, and I think I'm being punished for stealing.

I'm playing a singleton party on normal, and I just entered the Formello mines area for the first time. For some reason, every box that normally contains items in this area is now empty. Also, every item on the ground is gone.

This includes the items protected by the thorny fungus in the southeast mine, any gear belonging to the miners, and every item in the mine with the splice-worm infestation. Goodwife Hortense still sells gear as normal. Also, a little to the south, the farms north of Formello don't have the same problem, so at least it's an isolated issue. I didn't see this bug on the list of 1.0.1 fixes, and I don't think I saw this bug posted anywhere else in the forums.

So. . .do I get a prize? ;)

Just after reading your post I was messing around in Rhentar Ihrno's keep. It as the first time I've been there and after I killed the Formerly captured crystal soul (vryynas bok?) I recieved a wisdom crystal and a heroes necklace. everything else in the keep is empty and theres no loot on the ground. Pretty much the same thing. I saved and quit there and restarted. didn't help. I'm gonna try to leave for a while and come back.

Edit: Also, when I go to leave the fort and get to where the field of pylons were every time i move it activates combat, even though there are no enemies and i can just click right out of it. Very annoying.

[ Friday, February 03, 2006 11:17: Message edited by: jimmythesaint ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by jimmythesaint:

Also, when I go to leave the fort and get to where the field of pylons were every time i move it activates combat, even though there are no enemies and i can just click right out of it. Very annoying.
I recall having that one as well... in fact, I remember trying to communicate the problem during beta-testing. Once it happened while some vahnatai allies were fighting pylons out of my sight range, and apparently Jeff thought this was the cause, as that was the save file I sent in.

That area seems to be very buggy.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 6751
Profile #41
I think it was an off screen vahnati because i found one fighting as i pressed on. Once he died everything returned to normal.

Edit:Also, I left the keep and headed south to erica's tower, killed the lich there and made a jaunt to the castle and back and there are still no items in the keep.

[ Friday, February 03, 2006 13:13: Message edited by: jimmythesaint ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #42
I've encountered the missing item problem, though I believe it's because of my adventuring in the blackness before registering. The items appeared as usual then, but after I registered the items in some areas around where I had been disappeared. I think it was limited to areas which had been loaded when I was wandering, since I haven't encountered the problem in further journeys. Also, I think that some items respawned (say, treasure in the Bandit Castle), though that could be an effect of loading a save outside the demo barrier.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Apprentice
Member # 6765
Profile #43
I can attack pylon from distance.

I realized that pylons are easy prey.
Most characters can counterattack, but pylon can't because of thier unmovality and their limited attack range.
It is not bug, I think. But If this kind of things relating to range are fixed, it surly achives game quality improvement.

--------------------
I started my first English learing from Exile 1...
Truly Spiderweb Software is great influence to me.
Apprentice
Member # 6763
Profile #44
Personally, I find that objects' unmovality does not achive game quality improvement. But this kind of things could be a matter of opinion...

But there's no reason to be surly about it!

[ Monday, February 06, 2006 04:38: Message edited by: troglodyte #1 ]

--------------------
--I don't have a signature yet.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #45
First there is a design flaw. If you are using a laptop, F3 and F4 are reserved for sound control.

Second, Elite Warrior adds to strength at a moderate rate, but this only appears in the carrying capacity.

In version 1.0.1 beta, Hrickris appears as soon as you attack the skeletons on level 2. He slows you through the wall.
If you are in fight mode some of the messages appear at the wrong times. Eastern Gallery - young ogres' message never appears asking for money.
Submission fungi and spraying plants are only damaged if you are in their attack range in spite of the damage message,

In the original CD version:
Nodiacus can shoot through walls. He nailed my singleton hiding in the altar room with the door closed.
Eastern Gallery - Chitrach queen room - while waiting for an egg sac to hatch, it said, "Pit Ghoul waits"
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

First there is a design flaw. If you are using a laptop, F3 and F4 are reserved for sound control.
To use F3 and F4 instead of the volume controls, press the 'fn' key in the bottom left corner of your keyboard and then press the key. You can also switch this behavior in the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane, but I doubt you want to do that.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Second, Elite Warrior adds to strength at a moderate rate, but this only appears in the carrying capacity.
Huh. You're right. I just created two characters identical except that one had Elite Warrior and one didn't, and the Elite Warrior had a carrying capacity 16 lb higher than the other guy (82 lb vs 66 lb). That's equivalent to a difference of 2 points of Strength.

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 22:17: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #48
I have found that items are not saved properly if you are blipped back to start by loading a saved game past the shareware barrier, or using the return to start cheat code.

It also appears that my fix to keep you from going north from Fort Emerald didn't take.

Both of these will be fixed in the upcoming Mac update.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
Enemies have always healed very rapidly if they aren't able to attack you or move closer to you. If you're not doing a lot of damage that can easily make it seem like you aren't doing damage.

—Alorael, who didn't need another reason to make Elite Warriors.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages