Who's the strongest PC?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who's the strongest PC?
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
I'm not necessarily talking about physical strength. More along the lines of who you can 'powergame' best with.
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #1
*ggggggggrrrrrrrrooooooooaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn* not another one jee-se these topics should be illegal there has been way to many of them :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh by the way shapers rule

[ Thursday, May 26, 2005 08:48: Message edited by: Hawk King ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
Agents are far more powerful than Shapers. Shapers die from a slight breeze, and have to rely on their pets for protection. In addition they can't fight very well, again relying on their pets.

Agents are strong enough to travel solo, and powerful enough to make some creations if they want some allies. They're good with a sword, and excellent with magic.

Edit: They're, not their.

[ Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:56: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #3
I agree with dolphin, Agents are the best
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #4
I disagree. I think that Shapers start out the weakest, but end up by far the strongest.

quote:

Shapers die from a slight breeze,

Shapers are rarely hit. Augmentation and Essence Armour also help.

quote:

and have to rely on their pets for protection. In addition they can't fight very well, again relying on their pets.

How is this a weakness? Yes, the Shaper can't fight for himself, but his 'pets' do a far better job at fighting than a guardian or agent. In fact, I would say that the Shaper's 'weakness' of having to summon pets is in fact his greatest strength.

Shaper's can do the most damage against a single target. A blessed hasted agent with three attacks per round could do about 750 damage to one target with kill. Guardians hit for about 400-600 damage, assuming quick action is successful.
A Shaper with 4 blessed, hasted Drayks with two attacks per round each could do about 1,200 damage (assuming each fire ball hits for 120 damage, although my Drayks have reached 200 damage with fireballs). Combined with Mass Daze, a Shaper can pick off opposition...

Against multiple targets, an agent has 'Aura of Flames'. However, it is very high cost, and cannot be cast more than twice (unless you have an insane amount of intelligence). A gazer (or is it eyebeast?) is able to cast Aura of Flames more than twice, and has a nifty melee attack.

A shaper who sacrifices all for his creations is a powerhouse. I hate to boast, but I wore the finest equipment which would boost my creation's status at about level 34, and my Drayk's had about 600 HP each (without evolving them, or placing anything more than two Intelligent Point's in their stat's). That is more HP than a guardian, and remember that I had about 6, so technically I had a war machine with 3600 HP.
And even better, if they are unlucky enough to be taken out, the game doesn't end.

It is expensive to be a Shaper in GF2 (unlike GF1, where shaping power was handed to you on a platter), but it is definitely worth every coin.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
In G2? Powergameing?

An agumented Guardian with a Parry Level of 15, Melee of 17, Bazerlite?

Hello?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #6
Agent. Shapers have way too few hp, I know they don't get hit often but there are areas that do persistant damage to your character and those places are a total pain the ass for Shapers.
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

Agents are far more powerful than Shapers. Shapers die from a slight breeze, and have to rely on their pets for protection. In addition they can't fight very well, again relying on their pets.

Agents are strong enough to travel solo, and powerful enough to make some creations if they want some allies. They're good with a sword, and excellent with magic.

Funny- I was a Shaper and by the end of the game I kicked royal rear. But I did "waste" a lot of skill points early on in battle skills and had a hard time getting past level 22. But towards the end of the game when I got to the more difficult stuff the only two creations I had that were more effective than me was a high level clawbug and later a Drakon.

Besides, Agents don't look nearly as cool as Shapers. ROFL!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

An agumented Guardian with a Parry Level of 15, Melee of 17, Bazerlite?

How much damage can a single Guardian do per round? About 1500 (being generous, if they have three attacks.) A Shaper could do about the same with blessed, hasted Drayks (you assume such a high level of Parry and Melee, so I assume a high level of Intelligence and Fire Shaping).

Also, the amount of HP's a guardian can have at higher levels dwindles... You can have 3600 HP in Drayks...

Even better, a Rotgroth with Parry...

And good luck parrying an Eyebeast/Gazer.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 01:50: Message edited by: Waylander ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #9
But then it is not the strongest PC, but the strongest PC and NPC creations. My guradian can bring up an army of Cryodrayks aswell, probably the same strenght as any shaper would.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
Bah. There is no unique metric, so the question is not well posed (math jargon for 'it doesn't have a real answer'). Everyone wins just as certainly. Not even how fast you win is uniquely defined.

Agents with high INT can indeed pull half a dozen Auras in a row, roasting anything faster than anyone; but then they need to rest quite a while before the next battle. Guardians take longer to whittle down the first set of bad guys, but they're ready for the next set right away, so they're a lot faster to win two battles in a row.
Shapers are somewhere in between, since their highest firepower creations also take time to recover. Overall they can be a lot faster than the others in clearing entire zones, because they can spread out to scout -- unless you measure duration in individual turns rather than group turns, in which case Shapers are far the slowest.

There are individual zones that I have found more difficult or more easy for one class than for the others, but I really don't see any overall imbalance, once you know what you're doing. The only exception might be in G3, where Guardians seem to have an extended rough patch on Harmony Isle; but this too might just have been that I didn't know what I was doing.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #11
Contra:

quote:

My guradian can bring up an army of Cryodrayks aswell, probably the same strenght as any shaper would.

Total nonsense. If you did this, you would sacrifice the Guardian's major feat, which is massive melee damage. A Guardian can shape, but nowhere near as good as a Shaper. I have made a shaper Guardian, and he sucked.

Student of Trinity:
quote:

Agents with high INT can indeed pull half a dozen Auras in a row

Only three... you only get three attacks per round, max.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
After three Auras of Flames from a high level Agent, anything in the game is too stunned to move, and you attack again right away.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #13
Stun doesn't come into effect until the round after, I've noticed...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #14
Naw, stunning will take effect right away. Maybe you're thinking of Slowing, which only drops your AP every other round.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #15
Level 40+, you got allot of SP to waste. FireShaping 8, CryoDrayk skill of 3.
I rarely buy higher then 9 in a Shaping skill with a Shaper, and my Guardian got 8. Parry 15, Melee 17, etc etc.

Cryodrayks can be cannonfodder, the Guardian gets the dropp on the Shaper with a QA of 16-20 something. If the Shaper is anywhere nearby, he will be toast.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

I rarely buy higher then 9 in a Shaping skill with a Shaper

Do you use the rest on intelligence?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #17
Yes, i prefer to pump up with Int rather than another Shaping level. To me it feels that it is worth more.
My shapers tend to have int around 20 in ht end-game.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #18
The only things my L.42 guardian on torment has trouble with are gazers, rots and being largly out numbered by creatures at least as strong as drayks.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #19
Rots are no longer a problem.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #20
Shapers are good, I've never played with Guardians, and Agents are pretty good also. Shapers, once you give them some endurance, are an excellent choice.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #21
Try with a guardian. Invest in leadership, mech, luck, strength, endurence, melee weapons, QA and parry.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #22
Parry is a great skill for a guardian or agent, especially when you can hit three times in a round with quick action and a riposte.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #23
Guardians are by far the strongest PC. a guardian can smoke Eass and it only takes two or three hits to kill rots, rotdhizons, gazers, eyebeasts, drakons and Ur-drakons.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #24
shapers rule!

not only do i find shapers most fun to play with (everyone respects you) but they also have nice clothes. if they are really most powerful I don't quite know. I think the agent is probably most powerful.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!

Pages