To avoid Greta or Alwan leaving you

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: To avoid Greta or Alwan leaving you
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #0
After a little searching in the scripts i found out that these 2 flags determine if Greta or Alwan leave you.
flag(100,10) is for how you treat Rebels;
flag(100,12) is for the creator.

It wouldn't be at all difficult to reset these flags but i STRONGLY discourage this because it might have some impredictable results later in the plot (so scripters, i'm warning you, leave them alone!)

What can be done is simply to disable the script.
Here are the scripts i modified, download the zip; it contains a Script directory you must overwrite the Geneforge3/data/scripts folder with.
Let me know if it works :)

[ Friday, July 15, 2005 04:20: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ] Now you _should_ also be able to get back both Greta and Alwan from the Bulwark Inn!

[edit2] My test have showed this works, if it doesn't please post here so that i can fix it.

[ Friday, July 15, 2005 04:20: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
Are you sure? Seems very intresting to me.
I need my Greta.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

Are you sure?
Not really :P
I lost my savegames in a format and cannot check.
So, does it work?

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 02:10: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]I changed a few things, to be on the safe side :)

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 02:10: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #3
It doesn't work. :(

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 03:39: Message edited by: Ghaldrings_doom ]
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Ghaldrings_doom:

It doesn't work. :(
Please explain: what doesn't work? Do you have Alwan and Greta in the party and one of them leaves you? Or are you trying to get back Greta or Alwan from the Bulwark inn?

The tests i've done in the meantime worked for me :)

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 04:34: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]Are you sure you copied the files in the right place? Did it ask to overwrite something?

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 04:34: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #5
Greta leaves me because I killed the rebels.
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #6
Are you sure you put the files in the right place, overwriting the old ones?

Anyway, go to the Bulwark Inn and see if you can get her back

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #7
If you go to bulwark Inn you get her back? Cool! (and yes I put the files in the right place)
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #8
She wasn't at bulwark inn.
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #9
hmmmm.... it seems to me the easier way to script this without screwing up all the endings, etc., would be to just swith greta and alwan. Make greta into the the servile hater and alwan the rebel. You'd prolly have to go through all the conversation scripts to swap the names for it to make sense, tho. And something would need to be done to the trainers so you can still ramp-up their attacks at the appropriate places.

I dunno, I'm not patient enough to actually go through the scripts in any detail, but it seems to me this oughta be possible...
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #10
:(
Let's try to rehearse for a second:
in the zip file there where 3 files, right?
-z32westdock.txt (last modified 13/07/2005, 12.02.12)
-z34bulwark.txt last modified 13/07/2005, 13.07.14)
-z55westdock.txt last modified 13/07/2005, 12.15.54)
(please check if the filestamps match)

You got them and put into the Geneforge3\Data\Scripts directory, overwriting the old files. Greta leaves you when you reach the west-dock and you don't find her at the Bulwark inn. I'll check again...

Btw try reentering the Bulwark Inn after chasing away master Hoge.

quote:
hmmmm.... it seems to me the easier way to script this without screwing up all the endings, etc., would be to just swith greta and alwan. Make greta into the the servile hater and alwan the rebel. You'd prolly have to go through all the conversation scripts to swap the names for it to make sense, tho. And something would need to be done to the trainers so you can still ramp-up their attacks at the appropriate places.
If my script actually works it shouldn't alter the game in any way. Speaking of which, could you try it out?

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 05:12: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #11
quote:
You got them and put into the Geneforge3\Data\Scripts directory, overwriting the old files.
Where the heck is that? I overwrote the old files In the scripts folder but I can't find any G3\Data\Scripts folder.

quote:
try reentering the Bulwark Inn after chasing away master Hoge.
Didn't work either.

:confused: :confused:
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Where the heck is that? I overwrote the old files In the scripts folder but I can't find any G3\Data\Scripts folder.
Err, that should be exactly where the scripts are located :)
What are you using, Windows or Macintosh?

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #13
Mac

I'm so stupid!!!!!!!!! :mad:

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 05:36: Message edited by: Ghaldrings_doom ]
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #14
quote:

Nah, i should have asked before :)
Now, i don't know if this still works because i cannot test it at all and there could be some differences between the windows scripts and the macintosh ones, but could you send me your bulwark inn script? (not the dialogue one)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #15
I don't have an e-mail.
Apprentice
Member # 5368
Profile #16
Why not? I have six with yahoo.
Everyone outside of a third world country has email.
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Indeterminatus:

quote:

Nah, i should have asked before :)
Now, i don't know if this still works because i cannot test it at all and there could be some differences between the windows scripts and the macintosh ones, but could you send me your bulwark inn script? (not the dialogue one)

There's no difference between mac scripts and PC scripts. I downloaded the mac patch used it to update my scripts - although if there was actually any change :rolleyes:
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #18
Have you changed the endings scripts? If you keep both people at the end of the game this could cause problems. The game might try to load both Greta and Alwan's versions of the ending. Alternatively, depending on how the code is written, it could also remove that section of the ending text, although I'm guessing that the code would check to see if you had one, and not see if you didn't have the other, so it may be the former. I only know how to write Java, and in a very limited capacity, so I can't be sure.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Learned Noremac:

Have you changed the endings scripts? If you keep both people at the end of the game this could cause problems. The game might try to load both Greta and Alwan's versions of the ending. Alternatively, depending on how the code is written, it could also remove that section of the ending text, although I'm guessing that the code would check to see if you had one, and not see if you didn't have the other, so it may be the former. I only know how to write Java, and in a very limited capacity, so I can't be sure.
Don't worry, the code is very much like: if(character_is_party(ALWAN))show_this(END_ALWAN);
this means is that all that could happen is that you saw both the endings, but there should be no crash.

I've noticed that some people downloaded it: any problems?

[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 00:25: Message edited by: Indeterminatus ]

--------------------