FAQ/walkthrough is up

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: FAQ/walkthrough is up
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #0
Check here to see my Geneforge 3 walkthrough. It's not yet complete, but soon will be. If you have any additions to the areas I've covered (opinions, skills, trainers) please let me know. I will provide an update sometime next week.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #1
very nice dude :D
Warrior
Member # 3327
Profile #2
The Golden Crystal, on a weapon, increases the damage inflicted by the weapon, in its primary damage type. (opposed to steel spines infllicting a separate physical damage)

The Tiny Orb of Mist on weapon increases QA. Don't know by how much.

You may wish to add that Greta will leave you just before you take the boat from Harmony to Dhonal's isle if you have killed Lankan and the rebels.
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #3
Please add more info, and please make it a little more organized. I'd espcially like to see more info on PCs and on creations.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #4
You may want to change your description of parry. Now it reduces the damage you take when you are hit like more armor-blocking attacks entirely is no longer its main function. Therefore it is not as useless as you make it sound. Also you may make note that essence armor also increases your max hp total.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #5
Damage type is important now.
So I hope you will add it in your faq.

damage types
f: fire
c: cold
m: magical
p: physical
a: acid
o: poison
s: searer, does direct magical damage, and subsequent acid damage.

ranged/melee

Fyroa f/p
Cyroa c/p
Roamer s/p
Pyroroamer p
Drayk f/p
Cryodrayk c/p
Drakon m/p
Ur-Drakon m/p

Thahd p
Thahd shade p
Clawbug p
Plated Clawbug p
Battle Alpha p
Battle Beta p
Rotghroth a
Rotdhirzon a

Artila s/p
Searing Artila s/p
Vlish m/p
Terror Vlish o/p
Galaahk p
Ur-Glaahk p
Gazer m/m
Eyebeast f/m
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #6
Blackjack- thanks, will add. I had figured out the increase in QA from the tiny orb of mist, but I haven't tried any tests with it.

Walter- Has that been verified with Essence Armor? I thought people had found it didn't do that. Hm. Also, any idea on the damage percent lost by parry? I know that's part of the description, but I want to make sure it actually does that.

Hume- thanks, will add.

--------------------

Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #7
Essence Armor increases dodge now. Parry decreases damage taken and might allow you to deflect an attack (low chance)

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #8
You can find pretty detailed information about creations in the gf3*.txt files.
Also, is energy damage the same thing as magical damage? I don't remember seeing energy damage, but I didn't pay all that close attention.

Also, Hume, the "searer" damage category seems a bit misleading. First, there's no such thing as "direct magical damage", it still goes through resistance like regular magical damage. And secondly, the acid damage simply comes from the inflicted status affect; but many other creations can inflict different status affects too.

[ Friday, July 01, 2005 21:58: Message edited by: Travers ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #9
The body in the SE corner of Southern Marsh is well guarded for what it has. Icy crystal and healing spores. Also a regular iron shield.

*this message is a contribution to a great body of knowledge*

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #10
Tiny correction: Leadership 10 is enough for Acid Valley.

About leadership, maybe you could include a note that in most cases using leadership gives you some experience. In fact, sometimes you'll get more experience from using leadership than from killing the enemy. So the skill partially pays for itself.

A couple additions:
1. With 10 (or 12?) leadership you can talk your way past Greinter's guards in Main Army Base. (So you don't have to go in through the back door.) Killing these guards is also an option and doesn't make the town hostile. In fact, if you are feeling evil, you could use leadership to get them to open the door and then kill them anyway.

2. In Darkstone Core, if you have 10 leadership (or less?), you can temporarily disable the servant mind so it doesn't help Hsssak during battle.

3. In South Dhonal Road you'll meed 3 serviles near entrance to purification plant. Talk to any of them and say goodbye. You should notice some unusual behavior. Talk to any of them again and ask what they do. When he gestures to a forest, you'll see armor hiden under his cloak and realize that they are spies. These are the spies Sestilla (in Fort Wilton) wants you to find.

4. In Mountain Pass, if you kill all roamers before they can call reinforcements and keep going along the road, you'll be able to avoid a fight until you get to guard rooms. It might have been a glitch, but one time I was attacked when I was pulling the lever in the guardroom and another time I wasn't attacked at all and was able to get to Dhonal Keep without a fight.

[ Friday, July 01, 2005 23:00: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Travers:

Also, is energy damage the same thing as magical damage? I don't remember seeing energy damage, but I didn't pay all that close attention.

Also, Hume, the "searer" damage category seems a bit misleading. First, there's no such thing as "direct magical damage", it still goes through resistance like regular magical damage. And secondly, the acid damage simply comes from the inflicted status affect; but many other creations can inflict different status affects too.

Do you mean the gf3objmisc.txt?
It does't tell the data belong to which creation, only something like"begindefineability 17",
how can I tell which belongs to which?

Yes, magical and energy are one and the same.

[ Saturday, July 02, 2005 00:57: Message edited by: Hume ]
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #12
I concluded that about essence armor from using an armor potion which says its effect is essence armor as I haven't gotten far enough to cast it yet. As for parry, it says that in the description in the stats screen, in fact it only says it has a chance of blocking attacks entirely at "high levels".

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Walter:

I concluded that about essence armor from using an armor potion which says its effect is essence armor as I haven't gotten far enough to cast it yet. As for parry, it says that in the description in the stats screen, in fact it only says it has a chance of blocking attacks entirely at "high levels" which is how it used to describe your chance of a riposte in geneforge 2.
Edit: Oops, no idea how I did that, was trying to edit my post.

[ Saturday, July 02, 2005 05:34: Message edited by: Walter ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
Yes, we know the description for Parry says that, but sometimes the descriptions lie. What we'd like is some kind of evidence of just how much damage it blocks. (From my experience, it definitely does seem to block some damage, though.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #15
A few important items:

Shield
All-Protector 12%, +5 HER +20 SR +2 Levels of damage 1250

Charm
Essence Charm +1 Int, +3 HER +8 MERC 525

Vambrace
Gazerskin Vambraces:
Armor: +%4
+10% to stun resistance
+2 to Malee weapons
+10% to stun resistance of creations
+10 to mind effect resistance of creations

Blasted Vambraces
armor +%9
+3%to stun resistance
-5 % to hit chance
+1 to strength
+2 to parry

Glove
Putrefied Gauntlets
8% armor, str -2, dex -2, 20% resist acid, +4 spellcraft

You also forget the +2 levels of damage about this
Emerald Chestguard 50%, +2 AP, +2 HER, +18% SR 1250
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

With 10 (or 12?) leadership you can talk your way past Greinter's guards in Main Army Base. (So you don't have to go in through the back door.) Killing these guards is also an option and doesn't make the town hostile. In fact, if you are feeling evil, you could use leadership to get them to open the door and then kill them anyway.

2. In Darkstone Core, if you have 10 leadership (or less?), you can temporarily disable the servant mind so it doesn't help Hsssak during battle.

Need 12 for Main Army base.
9 is enough for Darkstone core, possibly 8.

[ Saturday, July 02, 2005 06:48: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #17
I would guess each point of parry is probably equivalent to a certain % of armor, but as for how much the testing needed would be complicated and time consuming.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #18
"Speak with Gretchen to buy new spells, as well as improve
you magic skills, and to improve Gretchen's attack to Searer."

From the FAQ. Just a minor error, should be "Speak with Gretchen to improve Greta's attack to Searer"

Edit: Might aswell add my two cents on diffrent places aswell.

Inner Keep has an Artilla Tunic (+2BM -1 MM, I think) in a drawer in the more common areas, guarded by two guards. Might be worth taking at this stage of the game, atleast for an Agent.

[ Saturday, July 02, 2005 14:20: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Hume:

quote:
Originally written by Travers:

Do you mean the gf3objmisc.txt?
It does't tell the data belong to which creation, only something like"begindefineability 17",
how can I tell which belongs to which?

Yes, magical and energy are one and the same.

Yes, gf3obmisc and gf3itemchars. Gf3itemchars has creation definitions and has data linking to their abilities.

Also, where do you find the blasted vambraces?
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #20
As for that artilla skin tunic, not really as you get one on the first island in kentia south gate.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6046
Profile #21
yeah um it takes awhile to read through all f that
so i was wondring why not split it into sections so people can easily find what the want.? just wondering because your layout is horrile and unlseess you want to read all of that it isnnt very helpful........and if you need help setting it up im good with html. jusst offeren :confused:

--------------------
put all your eggs in one basket and watch that basket ---mark twain
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #22
Gamefaqs only allows text documents, so no division via html. Zeviz helped a bundle with splitting A2 and Nethergate, though.

EDIT: If you would like, once I've finished, I'm open to having someone make a webpage out of it.

Thank you all for the additions. I will try putting them in shortly.

[ Saturday, July 02, 2005 19:07: Message edited by: Schrodinger ]

--------------------

Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #23
Sorry, pal.
I found it in the item editor.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Walter:

As for that artilla skin tunic, not really as you get one on the first island in kentia south gate.
I never found that the Artilla there auto-dropped one. Thought i was luck-based.

--------------------

Pages