Do you cheat???

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do you cheat???
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #0
Ok, let's be honest. Almost all of us use cheats once in a while, especially in games such as the Geneforge series where is really easy to get stuck. So the questions are, do you cheat and do you do it a lot?

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 12:29: Message edited by: Marlenny ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=YPZYmATmVZuG"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=YPZYmATmVZuG"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Well, if you count “exitzone” as cheating, than I do.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #2
Honestly? I have never cheated in any Geneforge game. I have taken advantage of the Quicksave and in-game bugs, but never cheated. Game is too easy on Normal anyway, no need to cheat.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #3
you mean there are some people who don't cheat at a regular basis ? .......... wow
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #4
Well, I also find from a personal basis that I play games that also don't allow for cheating to occur without serious effort on the user's end to make it happen. Less chance of it occuring, the more fun it is, which is partly why I still favor Starcraft over all other older games.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #5
I once used "dbugkill" and "exitzone" in every single area in GF1 and became about as strong as a charged thahd...and I had used the Geneforge. But when I went through every area without cheats and explored thoroughly, I made it to lvl. 26, snatched all the best items, and had 300 HP. Cheating was then out of the question.

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 14:25: Message edited by: Fire Shards ]

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #6
I CHEAT ALL THE TIME :D :D :D !!! and i probly will when GF3 comes out for windows

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
It would be quite interesting if this poll actually got a high volume of responses. Those of us who can't see the point of cheating have the impression that hardly anyone else does either; apparently those who cheat all the time have the impression that everyone else does too.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5667
Profile #8
I never cheat until after the game is finished, then I may use "iwanttobestronger" to gain a level or two just for the heck of it. I usually play on "Tricky" and the game is not hard enough to make cheating a necessity.

--------------------
Whatever happens, happens.
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #9
I dont cheat I script. But I guess thats worst.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Harlequin:

I dont cheat I script. But I guess thats worst.
yup but who cares ? :P
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #11
No I never do. Cheating is only fun when you've already finished the game once or twice.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #12
I did not even know how to bring up the cheat-window untill i came to this forum.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

It would be quite interesting if this poll actually got a high volume of responses. Those of us who can't see the point of cheating have the impression that hardly anyone else does either; apparently those who cheat all the time have the impression that everyone else does too.
As someone who used to cheat compulsively and is now a purist about such things (at least most of the time), I guess I can see both sides of the issue. Now I only cheat where a game's gameplay has turned into frustrating tedium and I just want to see how it ends. (Even then, I've developed a pretty high tolerance for frustrating tedium.)

I must admit, though, I still duplicate my savefiles in roguelikes.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I must admit, though, I still duplicate my savefiles in roguelikes.
Savescummer!

You might as well just play in explore mode. :-p
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
Some *bands don't have an explore mode. And in the others, it's pretty easy to effectively bugger yourself up irreversibly even with the option to cheat death.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 02:07: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5830
Profile #16
Sometimes. In the past I've hex-edited my skill points up. Currently, I've managed to *misplace* the book "Meeting the Sholai", and so am trying to hex-edit it back, and am making a list of all of the items in the game.

Has anyone seen in the game a "Puresteel Soulblade" or "Gazer Skin Boots?"? Where can they be found legitimately?

--------------------
"The mobs of great cities add just so much to the support of pure government, as sores do to the strength of the human body."
-- Thomas Jefferson
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #17
The Puresteel Soulblade is dropped by one of the Shambling Rotbeasts in the north-center of Monastery Caves. I did get some Gazer Skin Boots, but I'm not sure where ... Maybe Omen Eye, in Maker's End?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3357
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

The Puresteel Soulblade is dropped by one of the Shambling Rotbeasts in the north-center of Monastery Caves. I did get some Gazer Skin Boots, but I'm not sure where ... Maybe Omen Eye, in Maker's End?
There are Gazer Skin sandals when you kill Tigh Eye in Beneri-Eo Labs, I'm pretty sure. For rebels, there's also a pair in Chadwick Prison according to the guidebook.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #19
That's where I got 'em -- there is a deranged gazer in a cell in Chadwick Prison.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #20
Honestly, I use exitzone all the time, but apart that I only cheat before level 5.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Apprentice
Member # 3606
Profile #21
uber pool cheat
gives max gold skills level gold spells
use once and never cheat again!!!(in that game)

find one of these on the forum

anyone have an easy to use trainer/cheat, cause i got a really good one!!!

Has anyone writen some trainer or cheat?

ah sorry to below its just that i thought i would put it in a few of the cheat topics

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 17:23: Message edited by: 8xOverride ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #22
Please don't make the exact same post in multiple topics. We heard you the first time.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by 8xOverride:

ah sorry to below its just that i thought i would put it in a few of the cheat topics
Definitely no. On this forum, there is little enough traffic that people follow boards, not just threads, so everyone who reads one GF3 thread reads every other GF3 thread, too.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if that post made any sense.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #24
You don't need to cheat. Maybe if you're a lowly shalper, but not if you're an agent. (Thats one of the reasons I'm not a Shaper). I strongly dissagree with cheating, and I find it totally pointless, and that it ruins the game. I used to cheat once or twice years and years ago, but not anymore. It's not fun playing a computer game where you know you can't be hurt etc...

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)

Pages