How Long Must We Endure This Interminable Wait?!?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How Long Must We Endure This Interminable Wait?!?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #0
Granted, it's only been a day since this forum was launched, but my itchy pants continue to get itchier.

When do people think the game will be released? Consider this another poll without the polling apparatus.

1. In a few hours
2. Tomorrow
3. Friday
4. Saturday
5. Next week
6. False alarm — the game won't actually be out until Labor Day
7. It's all a hideous practical joke. There is no Geneforge 3.

I personally cast my vote for Friday.

[ Wednesday, March 23, 2005 14:40: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
I say 7. Jeff is actually collaborating with Djur on Pygmalion, and the first scenario for it will be Drakey's RiB. Alec and both Creators are actually all the same person, and they will win the first contest for the new system.

Or possibly tomorrow. You never know.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #2
Nice one, Kel. And I'm off to fight the armies of Sauron the Destroyer, from Mordor.

Personally, I would be of the opinion that it'll be at least three weeks. Probably well over a month. Unless I'm mistaken, it might still have to go to beta?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
We must have patience.

The arts of the Shapers may only be acquired
by many years of painstaking effort and study.

Acquired responsibly, that is. We wouldn't want
to get what we want too quickly, reach dizzying
heights of power in mere days, and devastate the
landscape all around us by recklessly absorbing
magical viruses by the dozen until we glow and
shoot fireballs from every pore.

Of course not.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
How dose the beta testing work exactly. Will the game be released, or will there be a call for a set number of people to try it out? Than the rest of the people get it in a couple weeks?

Over the weekend would not be good, no one could register until the next business day.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
The game is coming out yesterday.

(TITAN A.E quote)

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #6
I say GF3 for mac version will coming out as the same time for the PC version.

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #7
My inside info says early next week.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
Okay, so, to clear up any misconceptions:

GF3 has already gone through beta. It started beta a while ago (December, I think), and Jeff discreetly sought beta testers via a form on the web site proper. I think usually he uses most of the same people for every game. The beta testers also sign a non-disclosure agreement, which means they can't say anything about the game to anyone based on their beta knowledge, so it's no good asking them about anything.

And no, I'm not a beta tester. I have moderator status because Stareye judges me reasonably trustworthy and knowledgeable about board policies and procedures. That means I know no more about GF3 than anyone else here, except what we've seen from other games.

Spiderweb always released for the Mac first and Windows second, usually 2-3 months later, and so far, the creation of new forums for a game has meant that the game is coming out within the next day or two. As far as I know, Jeff keeps to regular business days, so a release on the weekend is unlikely.

That means that it will probably come out -- eh, if Ash is right, then on Monday or Tuesday, and I may have to lock a topic or two if "OMFG WHEN WILL IT COME OUT I LUVZORZ THE GENEFORGE" posts become too common. Making a sub-forum for a new game a week in advance is unusual for SW, but certainly not unbelievable.

I've been refreshing the GF3 page constantly since yesterday, just because I want to know as soon as the thing comes out, but my waste of SW's bandwidth is probably unnecessary, because Spiderweb likes to make announcements (in the Announcements sub-forum) when they release games.

For anyone new, that's what we know. If anyone else has any other useful information that they are able to share, feel free.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5620
Profile #9
first>>>excuse all of the freakin arrows> im using a windows computer right now and it wont let me use numbers or punctuation marks> so all arrows like this ">" are periods> the others are commas< you get it>

anyway< like many of you< i am openly addicted to the geneforge series< they are just so darn entertaining> i think its because there is a philosophical approach in these games that the others dont seem to possess>

what my point is>>>i would almost prefer it if the planned date was in april and it actually came out in early_ish april> instead of hearing about it since the beginning of march and pining away on the lost hope of seeing the next game and realizing at the end of the month that all of my lost hours checking on its progress were for nothing>

i think that all i wanted was a date that was kept to>>>whether that wait was in march or even in may< i felt like the chickens were being counted on this one before it was hatched> and its ok if the game just wasn"t ready for release< the games that come from here are always worth the wait< all that im saying is that i felt all excited and>>>wait< nope its not out yet>
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #10
I bet Saturday or Sunday. because it would be a nice Easter present!

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #11
IMAGE(http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/images/geneforge3/GF3logo.gif)

must . . . have . . . Geneforge . . . 3 . . . ahh *falls down*
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by archangel_14:

they are just so darn entertaining> i think its because there is a philosophical approach in these games that the others dont seem to possess>
I feel the same way. A few months after I played the first Geneforge game, I woke up in the middle of the night trying to remember which book I read that involved people augmenting themselves and being driven insane as a result. I thought about all the SF/fantasy books I'd read recently, with no results, then thought about which TV shows or movies I'd seen, with no results, then out of the blue it suddenly hit me that it was Geneforge! I felt really silly, but since it was the middle of the night I readily excused my silliness because that's the kind of thing that spins through your mind at 2:30 am. But I soon realized that I still consider Jeff's games more like interactive fantasy literature rather than a game per se, which speaks very highly of his story-telling skills and the overall quality of his games.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

quote:
Originally written by archangel_14:

they are just so darn entertaining> i think its because there is a philosophical approach in these games that the others dont seem to possess>
I feel the same way. A few months after I played the first Geneforge game, I woke up in the middle of the night trying to remember which book I read that involved people augmenting themselves and being driven insane as a result. I thought about all the SF/fantasy books I'd read recently, with no results, then thought about which TV shows or movies I'd seen, with no results, then out of the blue it suddenly hit me that it was Geneforge! I felt really silly, but since it was the middle of the night I readily excused my silliness because that's the kind of thing that spins through your mind at 2:30 am. But I soon realized that I still consider Jeff's games more like interactive fantasy literature rather than a game per se, which speaks very highly of his story-telling skills and the overall quality of his games.

i know just how you feel when i first registered Geneforge i played it all night in the morning i couldn't figure out why there where no creations about and why no one was talking about the newest shaper creation oh when i woke up all the way i felt so stupid when my brothers and sisters told me i had said to a wall drakon go burn down that wall and when it didnt i said fine i will just absorb your essence and make a new drakon :rolleyes: oh now i feel realy stupid just remembering it :rolleyes:
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #14
Dudes. The glowing green goo is for external use only.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

A few months after I played the first Geneforge game, I woke up in the middle of the night trying to remember which book I read that involved people augmenting themselves and being driven insane as a result.
It's not a unique theme; off the top of my head, sarcophagi in Stargate SG-1 heal injuries and give superhuman powers but also cause insanity in humans, and SG-1 is hardly an obscure show.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #16
There was Paula Volsky's excellent fantasy novel, The Wolf of Winter, about drug-induced necromantic powers (among other things). The necessary drugs all tended to drive users into a particularly vile dementia, eventually.

On another note:
Ah, sheet. Here I was keeping my cool very well, all things considered, and then I make the mistake of looking through the G3 teaser page carefully. It looks very cool. It seems that you get to drag along an Agent and a Guardian, probably schoolmates, for a while. And it will be cool to craft one's own items.

Now it is harder to wait. Grrrr.

[ Thursday, March 24, 2005 14:43: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

It's not a unique theme; off the top of my head, sarcophagi in Stargate SG-1 heal injuries and give superhuman powers but also cause insanity in humans, and SG-1 is hardly an obscure show.
That's probably my favorite show on television at the moment, followed closely by Monk. I used to live for Friday nights. Now that it's almost the end of the season for both Stargates and Monk, I'm feeling rather sad. Which makes my need for (yes, you guessed it) GF3 even more desperate.

Yes, you're right about the sarcophagi — two very similar concepts, which is probably why it was all so fuzzy in my mind at two in the morning. But it was GF in particular that I was thinking of that fateful, fretful night.
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #18
On the topic of when it will come out...I only care cause I'm awaiting the windows beta. But my guess is that now Jeff's finished his book he'll be able to start on Geneforge 3...which will come out sometime in March 2006...yes, 2006.

Dolphin, the Mac Betatesting will have probably started a good few months ago, and will continue up until the moment it is released out to the public...the same thing will happen for the Windows version, after its released for the Mac of course.

Can't wait, hoping to get into the beta testing to break up some of this boring uni work.

[ Thursday, March 24, 2005 17:16: Message edited by: fallen_avatar ]

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #19
Is anybody agree with the above reply?

I am 80% sure GF3 will coming out next week or early April if Jeff have some problems.....

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Dudes. The glowing green goo is for external use only.
Oh. I thought it was Gatorade. Must've been laced with Kryptonite. Those darn cheerleaders.

And no, Mr. Knowitall, I'm sure it'll be out next week or soon thereafter. I don't know where this "March 2006" business came from, but it should be shut up under the floorboards where it belongs before it crawls across the room any further.

[ Thursday, March 24, 2005 17:29: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #21
Guys...it was a joke. I'm sorry I didn't use a smiley face and thus it came across as a serious response to the question of when the game will come out. Hopefully you'll all recover from your heartattacks soon enough to get Geneforge 3 when it comes out, which, as we all seem to have agreed upon will be sometime between now and the end of the month, at the very latest early April.

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #22
Well don't joke anymore or my brother have to call an ambulance to pick me up!!!

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by fallen_avatar:

Guys...it was a joke. Hopefully you'll all recover from your heartattacks
:eek: GAAHHH!! HROOP-BRALLLLL!! RRRRRUUUUKKKKT!!! :eek:

<THUD>

Too late. That was the big one. That was the last straw. I'm a goner.

When you hear the wailing and the clanking of chains in your closet this evening, fallen_avatar, you will know who it is. <this message was typed up by my sister to whom I transmitted it via ouija board>

[ Thursday, March 24, 2005 18:46: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Mr.knowitall:

Well don't joke anymore or my brother have to call an ambulance to pick me up!!!
Geneforge 3 will not come out till 2010
*silently watches as Mr.knowitall's ambulance comes and takes him away then giggles evilly*

hehehe

Pages