How Long Must We Endure This Interminable Wait?!?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How Long Must We Endure This Interminable Wait?!?
Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #25
Yeah, I just realized it is probably a bad idea to joke about something like the release of G3 in this forum... :P

Just be happy that Jeff doesn't fall in with other software producers and say the game is due in 'Q1 2005' or some other crap like that. If he says March, it means March.

Or early April.

--------------------
I may come across sounding more official then I actually am. Or not.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #26
Today. That way we have the weekend to play the demo and Monday to make tons of orders and the whole week to play and not do any work (must start to think of excuses to skip work, btw.)

Or. . . Monday/Tuesday so during the week, where free time is more difficult to come by we can play the demo and the order it before the weekend and do a marathon, play it all the way through so we can finish it up by early April and then start clamoring for G4 when will it come out!?!

Or, it's actually been out for about a months, in pirated places. These people are packaging the game under a different name and selling it like crazy in Nambia where GF (actually under the assumed name it has there) is not only a national pastime, but the government there is using it, seriously, as a pattern for their future state.

I just don't know.

But I'm fairly certain that before I get to see Monsieur Vader rising I will have seen the answers to all these questions, many more, and quite a few new new unaswered ones.

(I also think "Kingdom of Heaven" is going to spark certain controversy which will help it get a strong first week (maybe two weeks) until it completely plunges down. Critics will love it, though. They sure dig that Malick fellow.
(Icshi: Hah! Another person likes Monk Hah! Although I liked it better with his old assistant. I hate SG. Shivers)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #27
Well, it didn't come out today. As is the case with real elections, I cast my vote for nothing.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #28
According to something I read somewhere on this board, when the forum for the new game comes out, it's two days or less until the game comes out. I'm betting that's probably work days, so since the forum apparently appeared today, we can probably expect GF3 to be out by Wednesday of next week.

Kindly don't murder me if I'm wrong.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #29
Well, here the forums generally come into being at some point during Mac beta-testing, and in this case, close to the end of it.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Silver Shadow:

since the forum apparently appeared today
The forum was created on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

quote:
we can probably expect GF3 to be out by Wednesday of next week.
Hmmm...

quote:
Kindly don't murder me if I'm wrong.
:mad:

<SHING!> <SHING!> (Icshi begins sharpening his Ginzu knives, which he ordered last week off of www.cheaptvcommericalgadgetry.com)

Yes, my mental heatlh has already begun taking the turn for the worst. I was really expecting GF3 today. :( Now it'll be Monday at the earliest. Soon the graemlins ( :D ) will complete their conquest of my posts, and my communiques will be rendered nothing more than bad immitations of Marcel Marceau. :P

Doctor's note: This is Icshi's personal physician. I apologize for any ungeltmanly behavior on my pateint's part. Be assured that we have him under close observation, but recognize the good done by letting him give occasional vent to his feelings in order to prevent any unfortunate incidents here at the clinic. We're on a tight budget as it is, and any unpleasantness such as walls being punctured, matresses set on fire, etc., would adversely affect the amount of my Christmas bonus. (I'm depending on this bonus to pay off my heavy gambling debts and finance my escape to Barbados.) We all expect the situation to imrpove some time next week. Until then, just humor him and don't maintain eye contact with him for longer than 5 seconds. Thank you for your cooperation.
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #31
Yes I back from the hospital!

Is GF3 coming out already?
What no!!!!! Not next week!!!! I'll be away in Canada!!! No!!!! <GYUU!!!> <thud>

while his brother call 911 again.

--------------------
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #32
Icshi: Ah.. Well, my conclusion was based on the fact that most of the postings occurred today. I figured the small remnants that weren't had been transferred.

And if you're going to kill me, first you're going to have to find me. I kinda just moved away from my old home. If you manage that, kindly kill me quickly. No dismemberment or gutting allowed.

[ Friday, March 25, 2005 15:50: Message edited by: Silver Shadow ]
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Mr.knowitall:

Yes I back from the hospital!
Did you get the flowers I sent you? Or did that crazy guy in the bed next to yours eat them? Oh, wait. That was me, wasn't it?

quote:
Is GF3 coming out already?
What no!!!!! Not next week!!!! I'll be away in Canada!!!

I bet GF3 will come out Wednesday, because I'll be out of town Thursday through Sunday. :( It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

And no, Silver Shadow, I'm not going to hurt anyone. All this waiting and despair has sucked the lifeforce out of me. :o Besides, my mom won't let me use those knives for anything but slicing up blocks of spam.

[ Friday, March 25, 2005 16:02: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #34
Well, faithful believers, don't lose your faith on Forge Friday yet. We still have a few hours until Midnight.

Tweet tweet tweet.

And just think, we could be talking about Venus days here. :P

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #35
You mean 10hrs 43mins more until midnight.I'll be at the airport at 8pm. So how can I wait 'till midnight. Nooo!!! <ARRgg> <thud>

His brother again rush for the telephone.....

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #36
3 hrs 58 wait make that 59 minutes 45 seconds till midnight
ahh the agony <thud> brother dimitri calls ambulance to deal with heart attach
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #37
For the record, Jeff is in Seattle, Washington, where it is currently 6:36 PM. Do your calculations-to-midnight based on that.

Also, early next week is looking likely.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by hawk king:

Wait, wait. You're Waffle Guy's brother?

Wow. That explains a lot.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by hawk king:

Wait, wait. You're Waffle Guy's brother?

Wow. That explains a lot.

no i am not but while we are talking about this type of stuff does anyone here live in medina county ohio ? preferable brunswick it would be nice to be able to say I'n not the only spidweb fan here

[ Friday, March 25, 2005 19:30: Message edited by: hawk king ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #40
Not me, man. I live far from Ohio, but I like the Pretenders song about as well as Neil Young's if that's any consolation. And I've known a couple of people who spent time there. I've also driven through the state. But that's as close as my contact with Ohio gets. Sorry.

Next week it is, then. I was hoping for a weekend thingy, but week day works just as fine.

Man, the screenshots look cool indeed. I love the way the island looks. And the fact that we have some islands will make the game, I think, flow more nicely than the other two (though I liked them too).

I also noticed there are new graphics for the areas, I mean the little square thingies on the island.

--------------------
quote:

Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #41
Is there any chance GF3 will coming out now?

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #42
"Ha, double-ha, with knobs on!" Icshi laughed bitterly.

In other words, not likely. Monday at the earliest. :(
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #43
I feel like stabbing something, but the last time I tried that, my Swiss army knife closed on my finger.

That hurt like a motherhumper. :eek: Therefore, I shall stab no more forever. :(

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #44
Monday... I estimate that at least half of this forum will be institutionalized by Monday. The rest will be in jail for attempting to stab people who make jokes about Geneforge 3.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #45
Monday would be nice, but sadly Thursday is still March.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by mark greenwood:

Monday... I estimate that at least half of this forum will be institutionalized by Monday. The rest will be in jail for attempting to stab people who make jokes about Geneforge 3.
quote:
The rest will be in jail for attempting to stab people who make jokes about Geneforge 3.
raises hand i am guilty of that yur honer
Warrior
Member # 5619
Profile Homepage #47
Why is march have to be so long?
I losing impatience every second, I guess I will do something to waste time.....Hmmm.... Stabbing.....not a bad idea.....Ohhh just forget everything I said.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Mr.knowitall:

Why is march have to be so long?
I losing impatience every second, I guess I will do something to waste time.....Hmmm.... Stabbing.....not a bad idea.....Ohhh just forget everything I said.

here here ;)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #49
Thank you, Ornk of Death, for one of those perfect poems the internet occasionally serves up. In its honor, I too pledge to leave all stabbing to the professionals who know better how to handle their Swiss army knives. (The Swiss army, for example.) Preach on, brother.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages