Effects of the Geneforge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Effects of the Geneforge
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #0
I was just wondering what people thought of the changes brought on by the Geneforge in Geneforge 1. I, personally, felt disappointed by the little changes. I felt I should have been able to sink large islands with a flick of the wrist, the way everyone was talking about it.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ZiqdewczgCNr"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ZiqdewczgCNr"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
It's been so long since I've played the game that I can't remember exactly what the changes are. But I don't think the stats were maxed out at 30, so I voted for the disappointed option.

The real disappointment of Geneforge 1, though, is that by the time Dikiyoba used the Geneforge, all the other zones are clear, so there was nowhere for Dikiyoba to test out the newfound power of the character.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I saved a few areas to clear and found that I still got slaughtered when swarmed by those pipsqueak Sholai guarding the docks. An agent has to be careful even with the god-like powers.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #3
Bah. After using the Geneforge, my shaper could have 6 drayks at his command. Sholai guards can't match that.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #4
Wonderful, now I know the end of GF1. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Correction: Now you know an end of GF1. There are multiple endings. :P

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #6
Inner Crypt spawns cryodrayks, ur-glaahks, and battle Alphas/gammas. Whenever I return to my game (rare), I go there to exercise my power from the Geneforge, seven drayks at my side. Danette's Shade was ridiculously easy. I was fine with not being able to blow up the whole island, but I could destroy creatures just by lifting a finger.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #7
When I used the Geneforge I destroyed all friendly towns :P

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
My impression is that as of using the Geneforge, you have not yet fully mastered the new powers. In the ending, your anger from being arrested unleashes their full extent.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #9
I don't know how to use the geneforge... ^-^

But as for destroying the friend ly towns...
I will only distroy the kazg

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #10
To use the geneforge you have to go kill some errant shaper on the top left par of the island (or at least steal his shapeing gloves). Then head back the place with the geneforge (make sure you read the book in the middle). Will need to kill that Sholi guy (forgot his hame). If you have enough leadership you should beable to make him leave behind his creations makeing him real easy to kill.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Apprentice
Member # 7364
Profile #11
when i started playing geneforge all i did was kill every body after i did their quests

--------------------
You have not seen until you have crossed over to the darkness and power.