Loyalist or Rebel?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Loyalist or Rebel?
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #0
I just wanted to know where people's general loyalties and ideals lie.

[ Tuesday, July 11, 2006 14:48: Message edited by: Retlaw May ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 45 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=tCuMLAYRqCeh"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=tCuMLAYRqCeh"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #1
Sorry, I just realized that I forgot the path of the Awakened for the G1 options. I would suggest that if you like them you would check "Destroy the Geneforge."

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #2
I'm a loyalist. The poll voting so far indicates that more people are Loyalists than not.

[ Tuesday, July 11, 2006 16:25: Message edited by: Universe_JDJ ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #3
Long live the Shapers!
(though for the G1 I like making my own empire)

--------------------

-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Loyalists have their faults, but they aren't out of control as the rebels. The Sholai in GF1 only have a leader who isn't totally out of control, but the others have become wild power addicts. The rebels have decided that anything goes in the later games in order to overthrow the Shapers. They no longer care what happens to anyone else. Letting rogues loose to terrify the serviles that just want to survive.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #5
*slurps down some canisters*

I like being a power-mad Geneforge abuser.

Seriously, in GF1, I was an utter bastard. I betrayed the Awakened, betrayed Trajkov, double-crossed Goettesch (in all fairness, he double-crossed me first by refusing to share power with me after I'd killed Traj for him), used the Geneforge, massacred the Obeyers because my glowing madness made them uneasy, and then broke the Geneforge to keep anybody else from using it. I left as much destruction in my wake as possible and was much perturbed when the same factions I'd slaughtered returned for GF2.

[ Tuesday, July 11, 2006 19:24: Message edited by: Mu ]

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #6
Well, sorry, this topic just is ancient, i see, but i must've overlooked it.

I always favoured the awakened - could never truly feel for the other sects - maybe takers if they weren't so bloody violent towards the awakened.
It was at first difficult in gf3 where the rebels get quite cruel, but still, the summary of the "official" previous endings where shapers mercilessly destroy all and everithing with their own mind made me choose the rebels nonetheless - they still cared for at least those serviles and normal humans that didn't oppose them.
I hope (as it was said that there will be three different endings for gf4) and believe that there will be a (for me) suitable ending in this game.

--------------------
I don't care what you say, I'm punk and Hardcore all the way!
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #7
Very good poll, i like it.

I am a loyalist, but i am not sure y, may be because the market place is bigger...

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #8
Ah! The 1st two games i liked awakened. Which are rebels i suppose. Cuz i like serviles. But the 3rd one...idk. I was helping the rebels at first, i got them that canister or whatever to make him strong. Then i ended helping the loyalists cuz i fought the rouges with them. So, i ended up with no allies, and i wanted to choose one or the other. Soo...i chose loyals, cuz i hate drakons! Theyre not nice and mean and they hurt the innocent, and i liked the ending i got from the game. Lol, i base if i like them off the drawings and pictures. Which were neat. Good material if you guys are into art

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Apprentice
Member # 7216
Profile #9
I was going to be an Awakened, since the shapers are reather controlling, but then I found out that the Awakened killed servant minds. So, I'm officially a loyalist.

Felix: You may not have my apples. EVER. The big ppile of apples belongs to me.

[ Monday, August 07, 2006 18:06: Message edited by: Green Apple ]

--------------------
Apple.elqqA
Apprentice
Member # 7216
Profile #10
?????How did this happen????

[ Monday, August 07, 2006 18:06: Message edited by: Green Apple ]

--------------------
Apple.elqqA
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #11
How did what happen? be more specific. And dont double post. Use the edit button. I dont care, but someone else will, ive read alot of these forums in past years, and someone always gets munched out. Lol.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
Green Apple accidentally double posted. Accidents happen sometimes. In fact, if you look closely, you will see that both of Green Apple's posts have been edited.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Lowbacca:

How did what happen? be more specific.
They were almost certainly referring to the double-post.

And while people are critiquing post styles, I should tell you (and you should know by now, if you've been lurking for even a short period of time) that Spidweb forumers hate it when they have to read posts which defy commonly accepted laws of punctuation and grammar.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #14
Lol, yeah your right. Maybe I AM a noob! Lol. Yeah i didnt see that actually. And, like i said, i could give a hoot if someone double posts. Anyhew. Oh, and what i meant by no allies, is that both greta and alwan left me. I hate them! Lol. Ok im done

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #15
In G1 I talked to a Taker who wanted me to destroy the Leader of the awakened. In G2 I didn't have to join anyone and in G3 let's just say the Litallia(sp) drives a hard bargin and save it before joinig her and see if you like it and then go back to it and say you will never join her unless of course you want to. I just did the demo and it's a hard decision to make.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #16
My preferences:
G1: Make my own empire after using (then destroying) the Geneforge. Those small minded fools could never understand my greatness...
G2: Become a Servant. Everyone else was not very nice to me...
G3: Join the loyalists. The rebels are approaching evil if not already consumed by it.

--------------------

-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche