Avernum 1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Avernum 1
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Going north to Formello runs the risk of being chased by large bandit groups before you are ready.
On the rare occasion when I do meet up with some bantits, they have trouble with me, not I with them. It's one of the subtle joys of starting off with a decent amount of mage & priest spell skills.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #26
I felt a need to keep this conversation going, so how how do you steal Motrax's stuff.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
Stealing it is easy. Just go east and keep going without dying to his assorted traps and guards. If you mean doing it without getting caught, you're out of luck.

—Alorael, who still wants to know what margany means and where it comes from.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #28
You can't get out without Motrax waiting for you. If you really want the stuff then prepare for a nasty fight. That shade in the southwest lied about there being no alarm.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #29
Margany is how your toast tastes when you put too much butter substitute on it.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items • [URL=http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000279#000006] The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Faldnag:

I felt a need to keep this conversation going, so how how do you steal Motrax's stuff.
I recommend you kill Pyrog first (spoiler: You have to kill him anyway to beat the game), just to make sure you're strong enough to take on a dragon and live to tell the tale. Then kill Motrax and everyone else in the cave. Once that's done, you can take his stuff.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #31
But i don't want to kill Motrax is there anyway to get his stuff with his permission.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
There was a bug once that allowed you to skip special areas (like the alarm) by standing next to it, then entering and leaving combat mode. I don't know if it's been fixed by now.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #33
Edit -Oh. Someone posted first.

No, but the space where the alarm would sound can be passed. Line your group next to it (straight). Then enter fight mode, and exit it. Usually you should pass it.

Also, in A1, you can keep bashing doors over and over again, and eventually it will open. Though, I have only done this with *requiers skill of 80* doors.

[ Wednesday, May 16, 2007 16:30: Message edited by: Swashbucklery Muffin ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Of course it would be quicker if you were a mod and were able to do the linking yourself -Micawber
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
There's no way to get Motrax's permission to take his stuff. If you don't want to kill him, you can always rob him and then run away.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #35
Should I go to the Nephil are Nephilum Fort first?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #36
That's not too bad if you do it in sections. The full load of loot will be a good way to determine when to go back to Formello.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #37
That didn't really answer the question or WTH.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #38
Yes, do the nephilim and nepharim fortresses. They're meant to be done fairly early in the game.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Dikiyoba:
Make a note of the doors you can't open so you can come back later when you're more experienced and move on.
Doing this sucks. I recommend cheating. Those Fort Avernum doors are nothing a little maxed out unlock spell can't cure. And those nephilim won't know what hit 'em if you beef yourself up a bit before attacking them.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #40
But which fort should I do first.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #41
Nephilim are slightly easiser than nepaharim. The names are misnomers, though, because the Nephilim Fort has nepharim as well and is undeniably the tougher of the two, as you can probably tell from the first ten steps there.

It makes more sense to tackle the Nepharim Fort first, but I don't think it's essential. If you can handle the tougher Nephilim Fort now, go ahead.

—Alorael, who recommends the powers of basic observation. A crude fort hacked out of a cave is less impressive looking than a giant castle. The difficulty matches.

[ Saturday, May 19, 2007 06:21: Message edited by: Vat Munchies ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #42
But a castle will be a little bit cockier or thinking about it to hard.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #43
I'd say you're thinking too hard, something I'm famous for at home.

Anyway, the nephilim castle is the harder of the two to get into (spoiler: unless you go in from the back), so I recommend tackling the fort first (another spoiler: You need a key from the fort anyway, so why not start there?).

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #44
The Bandit Fort near Fort Duvno is presumably meant to be the first major dungeon that you tackle.

Motrax's treasure is nothing much anyway, so it is not meant to be stolen.

Combat is not difficult if you have the right party make up. My third character started with a level 2 in Mage Spells and a level 6 in Priest Spells, while the fourth character was the other way around.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #45
Out of curiosty I tried to make a purely custom classed group. Therefore my mage(and preist) are uber powerful and ice lances, unlock, summon shade, and free travel are awesome this early.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #46
You didn't have your mage start with lightning spray *shocked*. Still it sounds good. If you have some money head south to the Tower of the Magi to gain higher level spells.
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #47
Well lightning spray is kinda overdoing it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:

Motrax's treasure is nothing much anyway, so it is not meant to be stolen.
In Exile he had Scrioth, which was pretty cool.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8699
Profile #49
I stole Motrax's okay stuff with out being caught and took aout the fort bringing my rep. to 20.

Pages