bestiary

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: bestiary
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
Do you think putting in lions and tigers would be kind of good in A3 do you agree?
And as it continues what about putting croks?

http://www.aust.co.il/images/Pics/Animals/Crock.jpg
Cirkey that crock got me arm off !!!

[ Wednesday, January 24, 2007 13:40: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
No, on the grounds that:
A3 is already completed, and it would be more hassle than it's worth to put such creatures in.There really wouldn't be any purpose to having them in there. A3 already has goblin, wolves, worgs, and a few other wild animals. Essentially, the position has already been filled.It mildly clashes with the story, which is that most dangerous animals have already been eradicated.They would only be a distraction from the story.Besides, you slay enough beasties in this. You don't need to randomly add more to the mix.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
Hm... those sound more useful for BoA scenarios set in remote areas of Ermarian, like the largely-undefined Vantanas.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
There were tigers in Canopy, if I remember correctly.

But there's plenty of giant reptiles already in existence; crocodiles just aren't necessary. Besides, finding a group of them wandering about isn't very realistic and they would probably be used that way.

Would Dikiyoba say this if the question was about dinosaurs instead of crocodiles? It would be tempting, but the answer would still be no.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

There were tigers in Canopy, if I remember correctly.
Yes. Also, their attacks did fire damage for some reason.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #5
A4 had crocolisks.

By Diki:
quote:
Would Dikiyoba say this if the question was about dinosaurs instead of crocodiles? It would be tempting, but the answer would still be no.
Sorry, but dinosaurs in a fantasy setting are not something I enjoy. That, and my instinctive dislike of any creature that has a Swallow Whole ability.

By Thuryl:
quote:
Yes. Also, their attacks did fire damage for some reason.
The tigers in Canopy are capable of speech, and you're worried about fire damage? :)

--------------------
His ears are too big. He looks like an ape.
- Talent Scout on Clark Gable
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
What is a crocolisk? Just a different kind of basilisk, or was it more like a crocodile?

Originally by Dintiradan:

quote:
Sorry, but dinosaurs in a fantasy setting are not something I enjoy. That, and my instinctive dislike of any creature that has a Swallow Whole ability.
That what Dikiyoba said. Dikiyoba said no to the crocodiles and then no to dinosaurs.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

What is a crocolisk? Just a different kind of basilisk, or was it more like a crocodile?
http://www.wowwiki.com/Crocolisk

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
http://encyclopedia.ermarian.net/wiki/Drakes#Basilisks

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
I don't really care what kind of creature I'm up against. I can say with absolute confidence that my BoE or BoA party can beat it to death with their rolling pins from my own homebrew HLPM.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #10
Sorry, Diki, that post was poorly written. I was disagreeing with your statement that dinosaurs in a fantasy setting would be tempting in the least.

The crocolisk is a relative of the basilisk? Come to think of it, I don't recall ever getting hit by one in A4. Does it freeze you too?

--------------------
So, um, Vaarsuvius, you don't happend to have any of those really nifty spells ready right now? Like, say, "Hold Half-Orc" for example?
- Elan (OotS #66)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
I'm all for lions and tigers in future Avernum games as long as they serve tea and scones and do lime damage.

—Alorael, who supports creative use of wildlife. Incidentally, what would the worg/ursag equivalent of those two be?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
I'd say "felig", but that sounds altogether too much like Bud Selig for comfort.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
There are tigers in the Avernum series. They are immune to magic, smoke a lot, and keep cats as pets.

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #14
You forgot their comfy pillows and their ability to destroy an entire town in one post.

I mean, in one day.

--------------------
I wouldn't call it an accident. I'd call it a malfunction.
- Edward Teller on Three Mile Island
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
They also have those cool smoking jackets.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #16
If big felines exist in A3 why aren't they all over the place?

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
Originally by Dintiradan:

quote:
Sorry, Diki, that post was poorly written. I was disagreeing with your statement that dinosaurs in a fantasy setting would be tempting in the least.
But you don't have strange obsession with dinosaurs. I was just making sure I wasn't biased against crocodiles somehow.

Originally by upon mars:

quote:
If big felines exist in A3 why aren't they all over the place?
Well, because Rakshasi are always rare and the nephilim have been mostly rounded up and dumped in Avernum.

Although since Dikiyoba plays A3 with nephilim in the party, "big felines" technically do go all over the place. :P
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
If big felines exist on Earth, why aren't they all over the place?

—Alorael, who certainly thinks lions and tigers and bears count as big. Bears aren't felines for most values of feline, but the other two are.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #19
Big felines have been on earth up until the first world war cause people invented nasty weapons, guns but in A3 there is no confirmation of the dissemination of the felines.
Explain.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #20
*facepalm*

so who's your alter ego, upon mars?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #21
IMAGE(http://eddddie.googlepages.com/facepalm.jpg)

quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

Big felines have been on earth up until the first world war cause people invented nasty weapons, guns but in A3 there is no confirmation of the dissemination of the felines.
Explain.

You think that the people of A3 don't have nasty weapons? Just look at the Golems, Dervishes, Wizards, Demons, and Undead that can be created, hired, or trained.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #22
What is an alter ego?
consider this, i have a humungous ego that i conserve to do something.
Or at lest...
Then i get to bet up humans and eat them for breakfast.

Hey is the picture a picture of eddie from Australia or some random person?

[ Sunday, January 28, 2007 08:44: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #23
Now why would you bring Ed up?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #24
Look at the url.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4

Pages