Slith fort (A1)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Slith fort (A1)
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #0
It is entirely upto you ... just be ready to deal with some really PO'ed parents.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Think of it as a way to get some experience.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #3
Don't! They are innocent. So if you stop the war before they grow up, they can be nice good slaves :)
I think I didn't kill them, though. Definitely.
Just take the book and get out of there!

P.S. That was 100th. Century is over.

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #4
There is no good answer, last time I played through I killed them so that the chief would come out and fight me along with his possy. Also, I be that the sliths in the eggs would be darklings because of their tribe being killed by humans...

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #5
Unfortunately you dont have 'Grab the eggs and take them to Gnass to be bought up with good old fashioned Slith values' option.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Mortimer:

Unfortunately you dont have 'Grab the eggs and take them to Gnass to be bought up with good old fashioned Slith values' option.
A good quest, by the way. Makes sense in adventuring. But that time Gnass is really a poor village. So bringing there more sliths will make it a hard day. A foundation of a kindergarten at some place, where foundlings of all the nations will be brought and taught to behave together is a good deed! :)

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Plus, we don't actually know if Slith eggs can survive extended lengths of time out of water.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
The obvious solution is to slaughter the inhabitants of the fort and then relocate the sliths of Gnass so they can care for the eggs and young. Such relocation can take place by force if necessary.

—Alorael, who wouldn't want to impede a grand tradition of stomping on natives, especially natives who don't look like the invading race. Sliths don't look much like humans.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Originally by Thuryl:

quote:
Plus, we don't actually know if Slith eggs can survive extended lengths of time out of water.
Isn't it odd that sliths are supposed to be reptiles, yet they lay eggs in water?

Dikiyoba recalls very young sliths having gills, as well. Perhaps it is mentioned in Gnass in A2.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #10
That wouldn't work at all, those of Gnass would probably just get slaughtered by a darkling force wishing to reclame the cave. The Gnass sliths seem to have good fighters but are small in numbers.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Sliths are obviously from an evolutionary branch that diverged reptiles after the development of scales but before the amniotic egg. I'm not sure development came in that order (in fact, I'm pretty sure it didn't), but between bending rules to make an evolutionary history for an imaginary species on an imaginary planet and following Earth's phylogenetic order, I think we all know which wins.

—Alorael, who is willing to concede that the sliths may have evolved "backwards" into having non-amniotic eggs and gill-bearing young. Why? Because the Creator wanted to have a scene in which a band of adventurers slaughtered slith young in a wet environment. Teleological but plausible, isn't it?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #12
Just to make a parallel, if it is possible, there is a lizrad like people in Terry Brooks Shannara series. Depicted very much alike Slithzerikai in Avernum/Exile series. The same way of breeding - if I remember that well enough. All the nation of mwellrets (lizard men) is presented as evil, with inborn ability to hypnotize. But that is all offtopic, except for that they were created by magic. The whole nation.
This is somehow in close relations with Drakefyre's vahnatai creationism theory and Aran's novel "Crystal Song" :)

P.S. I'm not sure whether I should have placed a tm, or copyright after the name of the novel. Anyway, it is worth reading :)

Edit: Put in some valuable refinement

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 17:47: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Ford Prefect:

Just to make a parallel, if it is possible, there is a lizrad like people in Terry Brooks Shannara series. Depicted very much alike Slithzerikai in Avernum/Exile series. The same way of breeding - if I remember that well enough. All the nation of mwellrets (lizard men) is presented as evil, with inborn ability to hypnotize. But that is all offtopic, except for that they were created by magic. The whole nation.
This is somehow in close relations with Aran's novel Crystal Song with its vahnatai creationism theory :)

P.S. I'm not sure whether I should have placed a tm, or copyright after the name of the novel. Anyway, it is worth reading :)

That is from The Wishsong of Shannara, which is arguably the worst book of the original trilogy, with the first book being good (although a blatant Tolkien ripoff), and the second book, The Elfstones of Shannarabeing the best book Brooks has ever written. Anything after First King of Shannara is pure excrement.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicelt:

That is from The Wishsong of Shannara, which is arguably the worst book of the original trilogy, with the first book being good (although a blatant Tolkien ripoff), and the second book, The Elfstones of Shannarabeing the best book Brooks has ever written. Anything after First King of Shannara is pure excrement.
Well, I was not going to discuss TB books here, still, the thing I was talking about - creation of lizrad men by magic for some strange purposes - hasn't been written in any book of TB yet. It is just from his plans of uniting two of his storylines into one - from interview with him and from his official website. So what are you talking about? The Wishsong definitely not his best creation, but that was not what I was trying to tell. After the "First King" there came out a trilogy of "Voyage of 'Jerle Shannara'", which was rather interesting, and mwellrets playing a big role in third book of it. His latest trilogy of "High Druid" is still unaccessible in Russia, so I can't say anything good, or bad about its content.

Edit: TYPO

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 17:48: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai