Haakai

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Haakai
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #0
Why do the haakai cast priest spells if they are demons? :confused:

--------------------
I hate you all
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
To mess with our heads. :D :P :D

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
They're priests of the evil gods.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Because they're just that powerful.

If only they could cast Repel Spirit... that would make the contradiction so much better.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #4
Well instead of Haakai using priest spells they should cast more advance mage spells like arcane blow.

--------------------
I hate you all
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
Why?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #6
It would make them more difficult to fight if they could cast spells like arcane shield.

--------------------
I hate you all
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Bomber:

It would make them more difficult to fight if they could cast spells like arcane shield.
Arcane Shield and Repel Spirit have been almost conclusively proved (If I haven't forgotten) to be non-castable by NPCs. And just because a monster becomes tougher doesn't mean the combat is better.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
yes, i agree. If the foe is tougher, I generally don't like to fight it. if it is weak but has some special things to defend itself, making it more interesting, then i wont complain.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Notye but Neyse:

quote:
Originally written by Bomber:

Arcane Shield and Repel Spirit have been almost conclusively proved (If I haven't forgotten) to be non-castable by NPCs. And just because a monster becomes tougher doesn't mean the combat is better.

Maybe Arcane Shield is a bit too hard. The duration of the spell comes from the user´s power. If Haakais could use that spell, they would cast it about every 3 rounds and so they are completely invulnerable.

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Warrior
Member # 6485
Profile #10
I agree Haakis are hard enough for weak NPC's
also you need Repel spirit L3 in order to damage Demons and haakies :P
quote:
They're priests of the evil gods.
I'm pretty shur there demons that know preist spells
Liches know top 3 preist spells and there an undead
wizard

--------------------
I love Spiderweb Software!!
Who doesn't?
My hints on making a new party.
USE CHARECTER EDITER!!
----------------------------------
10 million Cave giant chiefs +
1 million drake lords ageinst me =

easy
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:

If Haakais could use that spell, they would cast it about every 3 rounds and so they are completely invulnerable.
I imagine that they'd be no worse than those giant chiefs with invulnerability potions. Those things last forever. At least you can still do some damage through an Arcane Shield.

And at least no NPC ever, ever, EVER cast Sanctuary in A2. That'd have been unpleasant.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

If Haakais could use that spell, they would cast it about every 3 rounds and so they are completely invulnerable.
I imagine that they'd be no worse than those giant chiefs with invulnerability potions. Those things last forever. At least you can still do some damage through an Arcane Shield.

Once Arcane shield reaches a certain level, it grants invulnerability. So you then wouldn't be able to do some damage through an Arcane Shield.
quote:
And at least no NPC ever, ever, EVER cast Sanctuary in A2. That'd have been unpleasant.
I never really understood what Sanctuary and Mass Sanctuary did. Could someone please explain?

--------------------
quote:

Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #13
quote:

...Mass Sanctuary...
Sounds like an Exile spell. Probably is. Can't help you with that, unfortunately.

quote:

I never really understood what Sanctuary...did. Could someone please explain?
At higher levels sanctuary gives you martyr's shield. Every time an enemy hits you, they hurt themselves to a lesser degree. Sanctuary also protects you from melee attacks. (It should protect you from ranged attacks, but the code for that is buggy.)

It protects you from melee attacks by not letting them happen. Once you have attacked though, the effect of being 'untouchable' wears off. (You still keep the martyr's shield and other effects that the sanctuary spell gave you until they wear off naturally.)

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #14
quote:
Acually slith priests did cast santurary in A2(or is it A1)

--------------------
I hate you all
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
Bomber's right- NPCs cast both AS and Sanctuary. Wizards, for example, love pissing the party off by making themselves or their demon summons invulnerable.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #16
Mass Santuary is actually a spell from Exile with nearly the same effect, like said before. The only difference is that M. S. from Exile does give you ONLY the "untouchable skin".

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #17
quote:

Mass Santuary is actually a spell from Exile with nearly the same effect, like said before. The only difference is that M. S. from Exile does give you ONLY the "untouchable skin".
So if I understand this right, there's a Santuary/MS spell in the Avernum world as well as Exile? Hmmm. I thought that was dropped.

--------------------
quote:

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
It's in A1 and A2, but not in A3 or BoA (although the status is still there, just not the spell).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #19
Haakai use the power of the dark gods!!
Example:in exile they always used the damn Unholy ravage, the evil counter part of the Holy ravage that you can use.

And you said that Arcane shield can't be casted in npcs?? I have never realized that really, but I think that it's obvious, but Garzard used that spell tough. :rolleyes:
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally by Bomber: Acually slith priests did cast santurary in A2(or is it A1)
In my experience, Slith Priests love to cast sanctuary on themselves and their surrounding allies. Quite annoying, actually, but not too harmful.

Dikiyoba, who didn't find sanctuary to be too useful because it wears off the moment you attack. Heal and Mass Heal were so much more useful, really.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #21
quote:
And you said that Arcane shield can't be casted in npcs?? I have never realized that really, but I think that it's obvious, but Garzard used that spell tough. :rolleyes: [/QB]
I keep on mixing up BoA with A1-3. That's probably why I'm always making confused posts in this thread.

--------------------
quote:

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba, who didn't find sanctuary to be too useful because it wears off the moment you attack. Heal and Mass Heal were so much more useful, really.
Right, that's Aloraels's text: his "identification" sort of thing. its the only thing I know its Alorael. i recommend coming up with something different.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #23
I don't sign most of them that way. And I already apologized to Alorael for signing a few of my posts that way. The wording just sounded awkward the way I prefer to sign this time around.

Dikiyoba usually prefers to sign off more like this, which is a little different, at least. And Dikiyoba is not Alorael and should not confuse people like that. But enough about me. Let's talk about Haakai some more...

Edit: Fix awkward sentence.

[ Monday, December 26, 2005 13:24: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]