Feel guilty?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Feel guilty?
Apprentice
Member # 2262
Profile #0
Perhaps I have an overactive superego, but I can never just go about killing anything and everything (playing "evil"). I know it's a game, but I still feel a twing guilty. I was wondering how other people felt when they were playing crpgs.
This poll has been moved to another forum.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #1
Yes to both. The best bit of Diplomacy with the Dead, IMHO, is when you go SW to massacre yet another horde of goblins, only to hear them tell you how they don't want to fight, that they just want to be left alone, and that the mountains were no use to humans anyways.

I felt so sorry for them that I turned back. Screw rewards. Screw the approval of the local captain.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #2
I feel no remorse blowing up innocent bystanders on this game. Now if it was real life I wouldnt do it in the first place. But this is a game. So I blow everything up.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #3
i dont care about killing innocent people. sometimes its even quite fun.
what i never ever do when i dont have to though, is wipe out some "evil" village of some "evil" creatures.
take sliths for example. theyre just some lizard people who want to live in peace. but of course, theyre misunderstand and fought until near distinction.
thats FASCISM. imo.

(of course its just a game blah blah... but i always try to play games like i live my life. most of the times.)

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #4
distinction? do you mean Extinction?

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Ferox:

i dont care about killing innocent people. sometimes its even quite fun.

(of course its just a game blah blah... but i always try to play games like i live my life.)

So in real life you don't care about killing innocent people, and in fact find it quite fun?

Please tell me where you live, so that I can avoid it.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
...sick world...sick peoples... :)

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #7
I don't hurt the GIFTS, Erika Redmark, or childeren. Everyone else is free game, though I only really go on killing sprees in Blades. In Blades you can kill, loot, and leave, and upon your return no one knows what you did!

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Apprentice
Member # 4360
Profile #8
I voted "yes" twice but it depends on how you define innocents. I surely feel guilty when I kill foes much weaker then I, in their home. Especially that dog in the bandit fort Vale Infestation. I classify the dog as innocent, really, though it attacks.
On the other hand, I didn't kill the library wisp only because I wasn't able to, and I would feel only proud if I did kill it. The game classifies it as "friendly" because it talks to me, but tell me, really, what kind of friendly creature would summon hostile shades against you?
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #9
The library 'wisp' I am guessing was a mistake when the game was made. Evil priests are automatically enemies and when Jeff put one in a town he forgot to reset the guy's attitude, making him fight you. If you charm him (it may take more than once) as soon as you enter, he will not attack and will also talk to you. Weird. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
There's no bug; the wisp is friendly and talkable, but it still eventually summons hostile monsters because it wants you to go away.

We want you to go away too. You suck.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
Spam is bad.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00