which is the best? shapers, agents, or guardians

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: which is the best? shapers, agents, or guardians
Apprentice
Member # 5242
Profile Homepage #0
Agents r the best, cause they have ranged and hand-to-hand combat skills. besides, the shapers r frail and weak. a light breeze could take away half of their HP
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
I personally like Shapers because you can build walls of creatures to defend you. Then you just zap individual enemies with firebolt or searer.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #2
They all have their ups and downs. I have to go with shapers. Personally, I think they're the most fun, simply because they're the best at creating creatures. :)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5242
Profile Homepage #3
maybe, but now im playing G2 with a shaper and its going ok, so i'll c if u guys r right...
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #4
Shapers are only weak at the start of the game, towards the end I could do similar damage with spells as my agent and have my army of creations to kill everything. Also guardians rock, its nice to kill barzel 1 hit from your quick action hitting 300 twice :cool:

--------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5193
Profile Homepage #5
My thought is guardians because they seem to have the most skill points at the start of the game and are all-around good, as in the aren't bad at shaping, casting or hand-to-hand combat.

--------------------
Size matters not for the force is my ally and a powerful ally it is-Jedi Master Yoda
my grandpa was a wise man he said John, you can't milk a dead cow
Apprentice
Member # 5187
Profile #6
agents all the way

agents are the best 'cause they have the shaping skills and the fighting skills well then again their not quite as good at fighting as guardians and not quite as good a shaping as shapers

hmmm well i still like agents.

--------------------
~~SaltyDog~~
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #7
The agent is probably the most COMBAT CAPABLE character. For example, if you take away the shaping skills, you have what the character by him/herself contributes to the battle. Shapers have one OK skill and one bad skill. Guardians have one good and one bad. Agents have one good and one ok skill. Therefore, agents are the best when by themselves. It does not mean that they are the best characters overall. It just means they need the least amount of help, which is probably why they have such weak shaping skill. The simply don't need a massive army. A shaper needs creations because by himself, he just plain sucks. And a Guardian....well you get the idea.

[ Monday, December 06, 2004 13:20: Message edited by: Learned Noremac ]

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Apprentice
Member # 4500
Profile Homepage #8
I prefer the Agent. I can do nearly the the entire game with little or no help, and since I'm a strange person who's concerned about the welfare of little electronic creatures, I like not having to worry about any of them.

I took a roamer and the thlad out of bondage and "freed" them in the woods. How weird is that?

Mac
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #9
I suggest you get a real pet. Or professional help. Or both. :D

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #10
Guardians are by far the strongest the agent would have to give up their incredible magic capability and shapers their shaping to get the 5 best skills in the game Strength, Endurence, Melee Wepons, QA and the magnificent, the legendary.............. *******PARRY*******.

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:16: Message edited by: Ghaldrings_doom ]

--------------------
I AM A MINOTAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM INVADING THE SHAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL SHALL FALL TO MY WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #11
Shaper of course its like ur a new demigod :D

--------------------
I was born in Redwall, Raised by bandits, went back to Redwall, became thier champion, and was eventually killed by a raison that was caught in my esophogus......Joy
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #12
With guardian its like you are the king god.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
Ghaldring, don't revive old topics, especially when there is a new topic already discussing this issue.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #14
Sorry, I just klike argueing with everyone that guardians are the best and no one is posting anything on the other topic.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #15
Guardians, of course. Parry in G2 is a gamebreaker.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #16
I'm with you on that one Contra.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #17
Just what percent does parry cap at, how many points does that take, and are there things it can't block?

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #18
Max Parry, achieved at around level 17 (I don't remember exactly), gives you:

50% chance to reflect enemy's attack back onto him (makes tough enemies kill themselves, but doesn't work on ranged attacks)

50% chance to completely avoid attack

50% chance to strongly decrease damage (resulting in almost no damage if you are wearing heavy armor)

So with maxed out Parry, you have only 12.5% chance of taking damage from a successful melee hit and 25% of taking damage from a successful long range hit.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #19
SHAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAPERS!!!!!!!

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #20
When it comes down to a fight the guardian would win every time. If both were loyalist the guardian would plough through battle alphas and glaahks and chop up the shaper or parry spells and chop up the agent. As canister user the guardian would plough through Ur-Drakons, Rotdhizons and eyebeasts then chop the shaper up or take the hits from the spell and chop the agent up. :cool: :D :cool: :D :P :eek:

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Ghaldrings_doom:

When it comes down to a fight the guardian would win every time. If both were loyalist the guardian would plough through battle alphas and glaahks and chop up the shaper or parry spells and chop up the agent. As canister user the guardian would plough through Ur-Drakons, Rotdhizons and eyebeasts then chop the shaper up or take the hits from the spell and chop the agent up. :cool: :D :cool: :D :P :eek:
You wish

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #22
quote:
quote:
Originally written by Ghaldrings_doom:
When it comes down to a fight the guardian would win every time. If both were loyalist the guardian would plough through battle alphas and glaahks and chop up the shaper or parry spells and chop up the agent. As canister user the guardian would plough through Ur-Drakons, Rotdhizons and eyebeasts then chop the shaper up or take the hits from the spell and chop the agent up.
You wish

No Actually I dont wish.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #23
High QA will allow the Guardian to go first. Guardian can pump out drayks to handle the shapers creation, then just rush up and kill the shaper with one strike.

If the Shaper is not within range, hideing somewhere, the guardian can just let hsi creations take the biggest hit of the Shapers creations, and then finish them off with his high damage-deaing attacks.

G2 Parry makes the guardian almost invincible, not to mention all those HP and armor %.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."