Speculation about "that door"...?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Speculation about "that door"...?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #50
No to the diseases one... That's taken IIRC. In the taker ending, it talks of new diseases being created in the shaper-taker war, of plants dripping acid and all other sorts of hilarious stuff. The "last creation" of Eass is described as something WORSE.

Nah, it must be a path of research the takers abandoned, meaning it should be distinct from the other mad schemes they conducted. (eg. the Drakon chain, the geneforge, the beasties of inner ghazad-uss, the eyebeasts, the rotgroths, super/invincible spawners, war-bred serviles, spirit armies, reapers, stasis fields...)
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #51
Hmm... spirit armies. Creepy thought, especially if they happen to be Risen Shades. (shiver) Nasty things. That's an army I'd run away screaming from. ;)

--------------------
Chance Forums
Apprentice
Member # 3133
Profile #52
Has anyone thought of the facht that the door is just a part of the wall??? I mean, think of the door in Kantre's realm in geneforge 1 (I've wasted a whole month trying to find a way to open that door) or maybe it's a connection to geneforge 3. or maybe it's a big evil mutant pyroroamer that explodes and causes the dawn of the apocalypse? (no, i'm not a jehova, I just thought think that it would be fun :D ).

--------------------
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #53
Well,I believe they are the things that troubled me a lot in Avernum.
Guess who they are?
1.they are giant
2.they are intelligent
3.they are frighteningly friendly
4.they have 8 legs.
5.It thinks you are cute
6.all the creatures of this species name themselves spider

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #54
Or I believe it must be a cute little duckling(sitting duck).

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #55
Its Deckard Cain, frozen cryogenically so that he may unleash a storm of senior rambling upon the world, thereby confusing everbody so much that they forget how to shape!

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by glaahk:

Well,I believe they are the things that troubled me a lot in Avernum.
Guess who they are?
1.they are giant
2.they are intelligent
3.they are frighteningly friendly
4.they have 8 legs.
5.It thinks you are cute
6.all the creatures of this species name themselves spider

(screams and runs in the other direction)

No! No! Anything but that! Anything but those spiders!

--------------------
Chance Forums
Apprentice
Member # 3676
Profile #57
Ooh spiders, so loveable, I wonder what it be like to have spiders added to Geneforge as a creation to tinker with. perhaps like a Drider. oh wait those are copyrighted...yes?

like portal to the ancients idea. however it is a toss up between being the first or last thru the portal.

A question occured to me a few days ago. a simple yes or no will do altho an elaboration of your answer would be intresting to read.

Do any of you daydream about Geneforge?

Yes for me, I find myself developing a story that harkens way back to G1. story is of an apprentice to the shaper Danette. this apprentice (Me), after using a few canisters, uses one that was a bad mix. instead of giving the ablity to stop time it renders me forever young or my ageing process stopped. and so before the big kick off by the council, my master orders me into a hiddy hole and not to come out untill I've solved the problem of the canister maddness.
(why there were canisters all over he island?)

needless to say, this could develop into a longer post but I'll leave this at that, and wait to see what a response it receives.

--------------------
The living are important.
The dead, to be remembered.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #58
Hmm... are fanfic allowed here?
Apprentice
Member # 3316
Profile #59
What's behind the door? I'll tell you. A singing, dancing Ornk-in-tap-dance-shoes. Or maybe a clone/offspring of Eass? That would be pretty cool.

--------------------
There is no "I" in bananas.

No apple for you!!! Come back, one year!
Apprentice
Member # 4115
Profile #60
Whatever is behind the door it has to be something that shifts the action of GF3 to a completely different location (I don't think it would lead underground as that would not be GF). To fit with the typical GF storylines I think that there would be quite a lot of explantion (probably discovered during the actual game) about what is behind the door and what happened next.

What's behind the door may be an explanation of how the Takers continued after possibly being beleived to be wipped out in GF2 (the Awakened have their docks and the unalligned ending is ambiguous about the fate of Learned Pinner).

I really can't wait for GF3 though. Does anyone know when it might be released (or how long the other 2 took to make?)
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #61
When it will be done? Well, it hasn't even been started yet. But it'll possibly happen about a year after BoA is released for Windows.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #62
Knowing Jeff's unprecedented ability to think of good plot devices, it's going to be just some terribly underwhelming creature. Like a rather large version of a drakon. Ooh, eek.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Apprentice
Member # 4105
Profile #63
i can accept anything as long as it not roaches (friendly or not). those thing were simply disgusting.

--------------------
"the truth is out there"
yeah, so?
Canned
Member # 4042
Profile #64
I wouldn't mind friendly spiders!There're nice what da heck is behind that door? :confused: :confused:

Maybe It's a HUGE spiny worm!
Or Erikas ghost with lots of suntan lotion? :D
Or maybe a half Ur-drakon half Eyebeast creation? :rolleyes: (They are my 2 FAVORITE creations :rolleyes: )

[ Sunday, March 21, 2004 02:09: Message edited by: The flying axe ]

--------------------
Geneforge & Geneforge 2 rock!!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 4281
Profile #65
Ooooh. Scary idea I just had. Yes, I'm certainly a sick little ****. Anyhow, what I was thinking, was something of a "Hive Mind." What if someone found a way to produce a new Geneforge, or that more than one person was able to use it... That's not all, either. Perfection is something humanity can't imagine, I'm sure. What if someone was trying to find a way to merge several people who had been "completed," or "perfected" by Barzite-style modification, thus making a disgustingly callous, facts-only, 100% dispassionate person who would become something of a Shaper God? I mean, the merger of minds into one body - not just putting them in one body (which would more likely create an erratic, halting thing with a tendancy to argue with itself), but something with the experience and power of so many different things that had been considered perfect - that is, until this, the merger of those beings, came along, and the collective perfection was able to smooth out the imperfections of each of them when they had been separate? Of course, the result itself wouldn't be behind the door. Only the tools, the "ingredients" so to speak.

--------------------
"If God did not exist, it would become necessary to invent Him." - Voltak (sp?)
Apprentice
Member # 1926
Profile #66
Maybe it have something to do with shaper council. Something big secret. Some mistake of the shaper council.

Or maybe realm of rogue shapers...

--------------------
te ette tiedä mitään
minä tiedän kaiken
tukeanne en tarvitse
apuanne en kaipaa
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #67
IIRC, it is the last creation of Eass. Whatever that may be, it is probably not a secret of the Shaper Council or any kind of Shapers (unless Eass somehow managed to create Shapers).

I hope it is friendly spiders. People murdered them in BoA's VoDT, so now it's time for their revenge!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #68
Servant Mind, an evil, evil one

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #69
Its best put by homer simpson:

AHH!! Cobras!

Though I gotta admit that tap-dancing ornk may be a possbility. :)

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Apprentice
Member # 3191
Profile #70
The thing behind that door is probably what will drive the plot behind Geneforge 3.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #71
I think that there is a portal behind the door. a portal that is so powerful that when shaped. It had to be shaped.Its power is to bring back the dead.Thats all you should need to know

--------------------
Bringing the gift of Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders to all.

That is to say I'm bringing the gift of GIFTS to all.
Apprentice
Member # 4585
Profile #72
I don't "think" it is something. I know it is the final creation of eass. It is said in the game if you follow the takers.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #73
Stop stating the obvious, people. This thread is for speculation and wild ideas/guesses.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #74
Yep, this topic had a wide range of stupid and possible suggestions until you came along stating obviousness.

Personally I'm with the tap-dancing ornk. Or maybe a creature with the body of a Drakon and the head of Frank Sinatra. Hey, it's possible!

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio

Pages