VODT: drake fang & magic pants

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: VODT: drake fang & magic pants
Apprentice
Member # 4493
Profile #0
Hey adventurers,

I've successfully completed every quest thrown at me in BoA with the exception of finding a Drake fang. I thought that talking to Pyrthas would do it, but apparently nothing I said was fruitful. Can anybody drop me a spoiler about the whereabouts of this item?

On an unrelated note, I have to say I really like the backstory elements in the School of Magery, about Vinnie and her cohorts, and the hints that are dropped about garment augmentation on pants-- do such pants actually exist anywhere? Or an advanced 'acid spray' spell?
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #1
Perhaps you get the drake fang when killing the drake under the first fort in A Small Rebellion, if you kill her at all?

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #2
No, it's in a secret passage up north in the mountains.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #3
The augmented pants are probably the pants of power, which I'm guessing is on the same level as the journal you read it in the bottom right corner. You have to walk through a wall to get to the big closet thing holding it. Not so sure about the acid thing, perhaps they are talking about the wand.

[ Wednesday, June 09, 2004 08:35: Message edited by: Martyrfox ]

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #4
I believe the pants of power in VoDT are in a cabinet in a room guarded by two mines. But I forget what area of the School of magery the room is in.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #5
It's on the same level as the journal, in a closet you can actually see but can't get to past the unpassable puddles of acid. I assume the acid research is the excuse for the unpassable puddles of acid, since it mentions how unstable the spell is.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 3376
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Zephyr Tempest:

No, it's in a secret passage up north in the mountains.
exactly where is it? I am also trying to find it. Do i need to kill a drake?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #7
There aren't that much mountains up north, you should be able to find it quite easily. I don't know the exact coordinates, though. The dragon lord is already dead.

I also enjoyed the 'parallel story' of the School very much.

On a sidenote, the only spells you can raise to level two in VoDT are Fireball, Light, Heal and Cure, no? It was a little frustrating to always be 'rewarded' with spells you already knew.

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #8
Its in a secret passage up the northen boundary near the mining town. You have to pass a lava floor. Anyway the reward sucks, Ice lances and smite? You can get Ice lances in School of Magery. Anyway if you have played Blades of Exile, a lot of the locations of special items to be found are similar.

Now my question is what the hell is that skull doing on that rock.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
The skull doesn't do anything and there's no obvious reason why it's there. Sorry.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #10
Thanks, now I can throw that skull away.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #11
Hey, BARBARIAN, to get the Drake's fang you need to go to the top of the world and search around. You find it behind some Lava, on which you have to fight Ember Lizards and normal Lizards. Then just rip out the fang from the giant skeleton just past. You can't miss it. :rolleyes: Email me if it helps or if you need more direct instructions. I've done Valley of Dying things three times in BoA, and twice in BoE.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 4493
Profile #12
Thanks for the tips on finding the Drake tooth. It just seems a bit... mean.. to force your party to walk over a lava field to get a tooth-- but I found that if you have a couple characters who have bought up a few priest or mage spell levels, it's a cheap way to get them smite and ice lances.
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #13
...I still cant find the pants of power, and how to get to them. Help? Which level is this on? Where is this journal? Where are these pants and how do I get them? Thanks!

EDIT: from reading a bit, they are behind those (seemingly unpassable...) pools of acid from which a demon hid behind in one of the areas of the school itself (not the waste containment area). If this is true, how do you walk past the gook?

[ Monday, June 14, 2004 12:34: Message edited by: GavinFox ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #14
You don't. One of the walls around that room has a secret doorway in it that you can get at from an adjacent room.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 4112
Profile #15
Cheap way?
I always start my casters (all characters, really) with 6/5 or 5/6 in both magic skills.
Whatever gives them all the start-game-obtainable spells in one skill and then max out the other.
Seems to me to be *the* cheap way to get them.
=)

--------------------
AKA xKiv : I/O,I/O, it's off to disk I go ...
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #16
It's also the only way to get level 2 spells in the demo.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Apprentice
Member # 4112
Profile #17
Which level 2 spells?

I can buy first two level 2 spells for mages from Axel (the sage) and for priest from .. err .. that priest in the west town ...
Giving the fang to the drayk did not teach me level 2 spells, iirc

--------------------
AKA xKiv : I/O,I/O, it's off to disk I go ...