You dont have to read this Because It's just me being an Idiot

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: You dont have to read this Because It's just me being an Idiot
BANNED
Member # 4227
Profile #25
And also what do you expect from a 13 year old? I mean i'm not a Professor of creative writing or something, I make mistakes sometimes and can you blame me for that? That's it and you didn't have to read this as the title suggested, I'm registering BoA anyway now and thanks for everyones help. Sorry Lord Volder mort but it actually is spelt Lord Voldemort. Oh and whoever wants to know Lemmy is my nickname my friends call me. :D

--------------------
who farted?
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #26
99% of Australia IS outback with kangaroos and koalas and all that "stereotypical crap". It's just that only 5% (or something like that) of people live out there.

But yeah, I wouldn't trust TV for anything.

Oh and by the way if you're not Australian you shouldn't judge our country by what you see lemmy post.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #27
Milla - I'd say no, but I have no ability to check on this board.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
If you really want to get at him, ask how his footy team is going
I would, if I wasn't a Crows fan. People in glass houses and all that...

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #29
Yeah, they put up a good fight tonight, though. Still, St. Kilda are just too good. Can't wait for them to play Brisbane.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #30
Rovers beat Leicester 1-0, so I'm happy.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
Wait, there are people in Australia?

—Alorael, who expects good writing from someone who brags about their writing. Maybe not enough to make the professors happy, but good enough to avoid sending Microsoft Word into a hissy fit of grammar correction.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #32
*Rolls around laughing at Lemmy's almost pure hypocrisy.*

Oh that was just beautiful.

Md.
BANNED
Member # 4227
Profile #33
OK! ok! I'll shut up now. Plus my Microsoft Word's spelling and grammar checking is non-existent, but I still get A's in English CASE CLOSED

--------------------
who farted?
BANNED
Member # 4227
Profile #34
It's true what "The Creator™" says. For what thy greater Creator says is true and he shall rule us all with his great power!!!! :rolleyes:

--------------------
who farted?
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by lemmy:

I still get A's in English CASE CLOSED
As a member of the Apostrophe Protection Society, I'm going to have to issue you a notice.

Oh, and yeah, I live in Brisbane, but I'm originally from north-coast NSW, so all this damn AFL is giving me the irrits. People in Brisbane have only started liking AFL better than NRL cause they actually have a smei-decent team - although I hear my flatmate's team from WA beat them last night. Very amusing. Actually, I don't know why I like NRL more, AFL is an more interesting game. It appears to actually have some stratergy too, unlike the NRL run-until-some-guy-stops-me tactic. Meh.

Md.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #36
AHH THE CREATOR

Creator and TM should not have their names that close to each other. *shudder*
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #37
Agreed, Imban. Very agreed.

I support Brisbane, as I used to live in Queensland. And they're way more than a semi-decent team. But even the best drop a game here and there, and it can be tough to win at the House of Pain.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #38
Well, what can I say? I dislike people who spell wrong, and have bad grammar... but maybe you're overreacting. Let the guy live. At least he types "gunna" and not something like:

"hElP NeEd To ReGiStEr BlAdEs LiKe U hElP mE cUz ItS nOt EaSy 4 Me i hAvE nO cAsH i H8 DaT oMg DiS sUkZ i DoNt cReDiT cArD gEeZ CrY dIs MaKez Me SaD wUt 2 dO? oH mAn..."

Or worse... I'm not an expert in that writing, but I have read messages like that at some boards and it's not funny. It's awful, it takes like 30 minutes to decipher a message! So "gunna" is not such a deal...

Australia is awesome. I'd really like to go, it's in my list of "Places I want to visit". And what can I say? There are a lot of lovely and interesting animals, like koalas, wombats, kangaroos, dingos and The Vines.

(Anyway, good grammar and right spelling ALWAYS get thumbs up!)

[ Saturday, April 17, 2004 19:19: Message edited by: --Troubled queen-- ]

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #39
Actually, my copy of the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary (laughably misnamed, as it takes up two hefty volumes) lists A's as an acceptable plural for A. It's not one of those new revisionist versions either (although I have one of those as well); it's at least a couple of decades old.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #40
I believe the correct plural for a single letter is in fact 's. My dilemma is whether that holds true for acronyms as well. Should it be RPGs or RPG's?

—Alorael, who would like to thank this topic for wandering even further afield. At least it provides opportunities for linguistic advancement now.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #41
I try to avoid putting apostrophes in plurals of acronyms, but I have no idea if that is strictly correct or not. For example, I would type or write RPGs or CDs.
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #42
"'s" conveys two things: first, it can convey ownership. ("That is Bob's copy of the game.") It is also for use in contractions of one word (a noun or pronoun) and the word "is". ("It's his turn.") Acronyms are considered to be a noun, so.. if you're mearly pluralizing it, there is no need for an apostrophe. ("There are many RPGs.") If you are conveying that something is owned by the acronym, than you would use an apostrophe before the "s". ("This RPG's story is hard to comprehend.")

However, if your noun is both plural (that is to say, if it already ends in 's') AND it is owning something, than you would use "s'". ("These RPGs' battles are difficult to overcome.")

The one exception to this last rule is with the word "it". "It's" always means "It is". It NEVER conveys ownership. To convey ownership, use "Its" (no apostrophe anywhere).

Wrap up:
"It's Bob's turn."

--------------------
-Daravon
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #43
Wow. And to think this came about because someone bragged about being in the top 3% at something.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #44
For a follow up on my lesson, talk to Bob.

[ Sunday, April 18, 2004 09:49: Message edited by: Daravon ]

--------------------
-Daravon
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
Ah, but to make everything more complicated, plurals for words ending in S have special rules, or rather lack thereof. See, it seems that the erudite just threw up their hands and surrendered. So if the apostrophe belongs to Ross, it can be Ross's apostrophe or Ross', depending on how much you like the letter S.

—Alorael, who brings this moment to you in honor of the crazy rules of this language we call English. Zamenhof had the right idea.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #46
Plurals of individual letters are also special cases. As 'as' is a word and 'is' is too... but "a's" and "i's" are not. :)

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #47
Ah yes, but in the rare instances inwhich one would want to pluralize individual letters, you would put quotes around the letter to signify that it is indeed an object being discussed (as opposed to, say, just an ordinary letter). For instance: "a"s or "i"s. Yes, it looks strange, but then, we don't need to do it very often now do we? Similarly, one could use 'single quotes' for this situation, but they would probably only confuse everyone more than they are already regarding those apostrophes...

And, let us assume shall we, that we would never need to express these letters as being possesive, nevermind *gasp* possesive-plural. :D

[ Sunday, April 18, 2004 19:50: Message edited by: Daravon ]

--------------------
-Daravon
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #48
As in:

All of the i's's dots were happy faces? :D

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #49
Well, better than

All of the Is' dots were happy faces except for the lowercase "i"s, because the "i"s' dots were dissimilar to the Is' dots... etc.

--------------------

Pages