Unreleased Beta?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Unreleased Beta?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
I was browsing around the BoA fan sites and such, when I stumbled on something weird in Tyranicus's BoA Scenario Database.
quote:
Shipwrecked Unreleased Beta by Seletine - Mac - PC
Did I miss something here? And is this going to be better than Nephilim Mystery?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Word on that is that Seletine designed another scenario after NM that was no better, but he quit it during beta after realizing that it wouldn't be received very well. He hasn't been heard from since, so it presumably will never be released.

But no, I've heard it's no better than NM.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

And is this going to be better than Nephilim Mystery?
Lets put it this way, Nephilim Mystery was good enough for Seletine to release. Shipwrecked wasn't. Expect lots of pain, and lots of cursing of Tyran for digging this pile up from the depths of the Pit.

Edit: Wrote... well you know... out of habit. My bad :P

[ Saturday, December 16, 2006 19:39: Message edited by: Lazarus. ]

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
OK, my database is as complete as possible, and Shipwrecked, while never officially released, is a playable scenario that deserves to be added to make the database complete. However, I would not recommend playing it unless you want to play something that makes Homeland look like a masterpiece. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
If only I had read that before starting it. May my god party rest in peace. :(

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
I betatested Shipwrecked. The first version was quite poor, and the second version (though it looked a whole lot better), had a bug which didn't make me able to finish it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
Whoah... I never knew that there was a second version. I just remember one version, one slightly hostile bug report, and then nothing.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
So which version does Tyranicus have?

Also, out of curiosity, what party level is this supposed to be for? It says 1-1, but it can't be... it takes two hits for Dikiyoba's god party to punch out a unicorn.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
Shipwrecked is not appropriate for any level party, and should not be taken internally. Shipwrecked may cause side effects including but not limited to intense nausea, moderate to severe depression, spontaneous combustion, migraines, allergies, upset stomach, occasional vomiting followed by blurred vision, and radiation poisoning. Ask your doctor about Shipwrecked today!

(Seriously, I think it took like a level 60 party when I tested it. Make sure your PCs all have Strong Will, because otherwise they'll kill themselves halfway through.)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

So which version does Tyranicus have?

Also, out of curiosity, what party level is this supposed to be for? It says 1-1, but it can't be... it takes two hits for Dikiyoba's god party to punch out a unicorn.

Since I got it from Ephesos, I'm guessing that it is the first version.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
That's what I thought.

Anyway, just beat the thing (with a god party, obviously). It's not as awful as I imagined. That is to say, it wasn't quite as awful as Homeland. In fact, it was slightly less frustrating than A Large Rebellion, though there was massive cheating involved (most notably opening the editor and bulldozing a few forests out of existence) and I tried not to cheat in A Large Rebellion.

Dikiyoba did not spontaneously combust or start hemorrhaging. Dikiyoba can still see and hear. Dikiyoba does not have the urge to run out and start killing everyone in sight, although the gates and strings of colored Christmas lights in Dikiyoba's neighborhood may suffer damage. Dikiyoba's mental facilities and ability to sleep at night are still being tested.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #11
You know, I wanted to play through all of the scenarios with my regular party (which, regrettably, is now quite broken, due to one "Undead Valley" that has been the bane of many an existance). However, some scenarios stood in my way.

A Large Rebellion:
Despite several attempts at download, several files turned up missing for a long time. I finally got said files, only to find out that the damn thing can't be completed anyway, due to an unrepairable scripting error. (Well, maybe someone could fix it, but I strongly recommend not wasting time on such.)

Nephilim Mystery:
It's a strange fate that even my grossly broken and overleveled party consistently falls victim to a seemingly unconquerable mob of reproducing dark wyrms, or something of that nature.

Shall I add Shipwrecked to this list of unsurmountable obstacles? Perhaps I shall.

NOTE: Anyone who has finished either of those two scenarios, please, do tell. I'm curious to know how it was done.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
ALR: You do need to fix the un-spawned boat, or add a special encounter rectangle to move you out of whatever town you end up trapped in.

NM: Set it to easy, load up on Heroic Brews, use Slow, and hope for the best. :P

EDIT: For clarification, Shipwrecked is finishable, but you'll come up against a forest-y town where you need to find a key, otherwise you'll have to backtrack an insane distance later. This key can only be found by triggering a special encounter on one square of this forest-y town. The editor should be employed here. (A similar moment occurs in WtRM, actually)

[ Sunday, December 17, 2006 23:28: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

(A similar moment occurs in WtRM, actually)
Please, tell me, I might change it if enough people find it irritating (and it's not something important in thew scenario, of course). i will probably be doing some fixes and stuff in WtRM, and I might add a small surprise for you all. I intended to do that from the beginning, but in the end I (and you) wanted it released, so there.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!