New Scenarios

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Scenarios
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
First off, are there any new scenarios coming out for BoA? I know about Echoes: Renegade and Exodus, which are both in beta testing. Any others?

Secondly, two scenarios that we heard a lot about seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. Where the Rivers Meet by Tralni, which was last reported to also be in beta, has gone missing. Embers of Rebellion by Ephesos hasn't been seen recently either.

Does anyone know what happened to these two scenarios?

[ Sunday, September 10, 2006 16:47: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
See this topic for, well, at least one answer. And maybe this one for another.

[ Sunday, September 10, 2006 16:58: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
All right, so the up-and-coming scenarios are:
Where the Rivers Meet, by Thralni (Beta Testing)Exodus, by Kelandon (Beta Testing)Echoes: Renegade, by Terror's Martyr (Beta Testing)Rats Aplenty, by Smoo (Beta Testing)Legacy of Darkness, by Dintiradan (Designing: 90%)Embers of Rebellion, by Ephesos (Designing)Idols, by ThurylTwilight Vale, by Nikki xx (Designing: 15%)In the Twilight Shadows, by Tyranicus (Designing: 15%)The Eternal Vigil, by LazarusAgadia Isle, by Nioca (Designing: 13%)Avalanche, by Grail Shadowblade (Designing)A mystery scenario with Nephilim, by TralniAny others?
EDIT: Updated List. (09/15/2006/6:08 AM)

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 16:07: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
There was a tendency in the BoE community, which has somewhat carried over to the BoA community, not to talk about scenarios in the works because so many didn't get finished. People wanted to avoid the embarrassment by not talking about the scenarios at all.

Also, there was a superstition that talking about scenarios-in-progress made the scenarios less likely to be finished, although it seems to me that most scenarios just don't get finished, talked about or not. (I've talked about at least two of my scenarios before they were finished, and it didn't slow me down.)

Anyway, you may not get much in the way of an answer, even if a bunch of people are working on scenarios.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #4
Rats Aplenty, by Smoo (Alpha Testing)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Idols is still gradually progressing, but I don't think it'll be ready in time for the contest deadline.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
Where The Rivers Meet will be out just as soon as I finish my report and email it to Thralni, the author. Being the only beta-tester for a scenario of this style isn't easy work... I already had to (unofficially) stop beta-ing Exodus and put my own scenario on hold.

That said Twilight Vale was progressing wonderfully, and I'm still adding bits when I get the time. I fully expect to call a beta around mid-October.

Edit: If you want a ridiculous figure, I'd say I'm around 15% finished. I have three towns finished, out of 9, but they are all smaller than the others.

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 03:08: Message edited by: I kink xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #7
Legacy of Darkness, oddly enough, is still on track. I've probably got around ten hours left of designing, then alpha testing. Expect a beta call early October.

Another reason why people don't talk about their scenarios is because they suck. At least, this is why I don't talk about mine much. After returning to it after over three months, I realized I didn't really like the plot any more. Oh well.

--------------------
Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!
- The Dead Alewives
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Redstart:

Rats Aplenty, by Smoo (Beta Testing)
FYT or something similar.
Edit: Ooh! Ooh! I want my ridiculous figure to say 110%

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 06:09: Message edited by: Smoo ]

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
As was said, Where the rivers meet is very close to being released.

Also, I started some time ago on making a new scenario. I will not tell anything about at this time, but these small hints:

It was my biggest dream to make this scenario, with this specific plot;
Nephilim.

Also the title will be a secret for now.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Idols is still gradually progressing, but I don't think it'll be ready in time for the contest deadline.
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
And so, on this day, I solemnly swear that I will make and release a scenario. I will complete it by the contest deadline, come Hell or high water. I make this oath here on the forums so that everyone else can hold me to it.
Let me do my best to attempt to hold you to it, lest you've forgotten your promise.

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering, I'll probably leave Exodus in "public beta" for another month or so and then formally release it. It's essentially finished, with a few small issues to deal with somewhere along the line.

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 06:54: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:
Another reason why people don't talk about their scenarios is because they suck. At least, this is why I don't talk about mine much. After returning to it after over three months, I realized I didn't really like the plot any more. Oh well.
I'm sure it doesn't suck. Frankly, all unfinished scenarios seem terrible at one point or another, even if the finished product is excellent.

Also, you aren't the only one who gets part way through the scenario, and then hates the plot. For example, Agadia Isle was originally named Athron's Flight.

Of course, another small factor for this change was that everyone on this board seemed to hate the three dragons, especially Athron.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Of course, another small factor for this change was that everyone on this board seemed to hate the three dragons, especially Athron.
You seem quite nice, so take what I say with a pinch of salt... the people on these boards aren't making your scenario. You are.

If you like dragons, put them in. If you want Athron to turn out to be Micah's mother, through some bizare twist, do it. Just make sure that what you do write is well-thought out, and you explain it to the best of your ability.

And remember... there is no point in making something you didn't want to make. If you were earning money from it, it'd be different, but this is for your enjoyment just as much as ours.

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 07:27: Message edited by: I kink xx ]

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
Sulfras was Micah's mother. That Athron rumor still pisses them off.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Sulfras was Micah's mother. That Athron rumor still pisses them off.
Sulfras was a GIRL?!

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
Drakefyre's annoying habit of knowing and quoteing canon has spoiled this post for all time.

Mourn.

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 08:44: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
Sulfras and Athron are girls, Khoth is a guy, and Pyrog and Motrax were guys too. Although, that's not say that at one point the genders weren't different.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #17
Everyone hating dragons was only a small factor in changing the plot. I was getting to carried away with my imagination. As a result, the plot, and therefore the scenario, was getting insanely large and complicated, too much so for a first attempt.

As I started to make the scenario, I realized that my first attempt needed to be fairly small. I hadn't done much on the scenario, so I was able to change the plot without any problems.

Maybe in the future, I'll make Athron's Flight, but for now, I'll stick with Agadia Isle.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Maybe in the future, I'll make Athron's Flight, but for now, I'll stick with Agadia Isle.
You won't. Trust me... If you don't make your first idea, it's likely to never be made.

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #19
That will be Agadia Isle 2. :P

On a serious note, what happened to Embers of Rebellion? We heard a lot about that scenario, and then it disappeared.

EDIT: I just noticed it. Lazarus, are you aware that you have a period at the end of your name?

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 14:10: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #20
Ephesos is still working on EoR, it's reportedly progressing nicely. Hopefully he'll have it done by the contest as promised.

TEV is progressing, but I offer no guarantee that I won't get sidetracked by an idea I just had for a short scenario.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #21
quote:

Let me do my best to attempt to hold you to it, lest you've forgotten your promise.
I hadn't forgotten. I was hoping everyone else had. >_<

The trouble is that I have a thesis to write, and it's sort of a higher priority at the moment than making a scenario, which means I have about a month of actual free time between handing in my thesis and the contest deadline to work on Idols. Now, I could finish it in a month of dedicated work, but I don't think I could organise a comprehensive beta in that time. So if I release it, it'll be with minimal beta-testing, which means it could well be buggy and unbalanced.

Oh well. I can always pretty it up some more after the contest, I suppose.

[ Monday, September 11, 2006 14:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

Ephesos is still working on EoR, it's reportedly progressing nicely. Hopefully he'll have it done by the contest as promised.
Yup. Should be done in time. That is all.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #23
TM is entering two scenarios, and I'm almost sure they're both for BoA.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #24
E:R is BoA. E:T is BoE.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.

Pages