Scenerio ideas

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scenerio ideas
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #0
I've noticed that we have mainly talked about all the bad things and things BoA will offer, but has an one made a scenerio on BoE and thought how they can transfer it to boA and make it even better than it already is, or has any one thought of new scenerio ideas...also will there be another scenerio contest :confused:

--------------------
--Axerax the Dragon Tamer--
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #1
I can only answer to the scenario contests-part, as my first BoE scenario is still on it's way..

Yes, there will be. SpidWeb WILL host at least one or two contests, and after that, we have Lyceum, who have at least said they probably will. :)

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, many (most?) people have been thinking/planning scenarios for BOA, including myself. I started making one for BOE so I could just translate it over to Avernum and have a major head-start. But that hasn't gone too well, and I worry about the problems.

Scenario contests have been discussed deeply already. Perhaps you should topic-scrounge for the information you're looking for.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #3
Don't worry over it to much, when BoA comes out it will probly fix most of the bugs your BoE scenario had before hand.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
And put in a few new, original ones, probably. Nobody's perfect, see? ;) The true quality of BoA can be seen in whether it fixes more bugs that BoE had than it puts in new ones which BoE didn't have... :D

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #5
Is it possible to transfer a BOE scenario to BOA?

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #6
Not easily, I don't think.

--------------------
Ex-member-#2475.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #7
Veiratu-walatx!

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #8
Actually it is possible to transfer the scenerio's from BoE to BoA but not the other way around.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
It won't be a direct conversion: it can't be, since the monsters and items won't transfer easily, and the two engines handle walls differently. At best, large parts of BoE scenarios will have to be rewritten to convert them to BoA.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #10
Rewriting, yes. But given the screenshots we were... given... the design process is in 2d, and looks a lot like the BOE engine. Walls look the same and such. The deal with monster inconsistentcies will likely be handled but telling the user which monsters don't line up, the showing him(her) which need to be changed.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #11
O.k. I got a scenario idea:

How about you and your friend walk into a town you were told would welcome you greatly only to be confronted by hushered voices and frightened glances.

You go to see the person in charge: a priest with a weird red mark on his left wrist. He tells you that undead have been coming each night and "stealing" people, taking them away, never to be seen again.

He is not to pleased to see you, thinking he can handle the problem on his own. You offer to find out and stop the raids, and he reluctantly agrees.

You go to the surrounding ruins, and find some very interesting clues, and some human reamins: patrols that the priest sent out. The priest has banned his patrols from using magic, and has equipped them with sub-standard weapons. You return to confront the priest.

He denies all of your accusations, and in order to make himself looks good, gives you an amulet that you are told will grant you extraordinary strngth. It doesn't. It makes you weaker and less able to do everything. You return to the ruins (or caves?) and are ambushed by a vampire. All seems lost, until a group of soldiers/men at arms/peasants from the town leap to your rescue. You join up. You find evidence that the priest is controlling the undead through the vampire, who he is controlling through a ring on his finger. The red mark enables the priest to see what the vampire is seeing.

You return and confront the priest for what is o be th last time. A huge fight ensues.

This is where (in my opinion) it gets good. you can fight till the last, and win or lose, or give up and flee.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #12
Sounds like an average plot, go ahead and make it once BoA comes out.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #13
is there any boe scnarios with the continuation of the vahnahatai (splet it wrong...who cares?)war with the empire/exile (ie after exile 3)?. also is there any scenarios about exile having its own little country on the surface? just curious really, because if there isnt (and i doubt there isnt) i could be intresting. also i hate exile so ill never play these scenarios and/or find out about them. thnx

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #14
There is no Vahnatai-Empire war. The Vahnatai retreat to deep within their caves, and Rentar promises to return "someday".

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #15
I tried to create a scenario telling the tale of what happens when Rentar comes back, but it was a massive waste of time in the end. I don't think that this war is meant to be told by us (as in non-Jeffs, or maybe Drakey).

It's cursed, don't try it.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
There are plenty of "the-Vahnatai-are-back" scenarios anyway. Aftershocks, Spy's Quest, At the Gallows...

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #17
But in some horrible, ungodly way, Spy's Quest and At the Gallows have the exact same idea. :P
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #18
The weather balloons are floating lower than usual these days. Maybe they might drop some data sooner than one might expect?

Once I'm done with this Meteorologist business, I'll probably make the Shrine of Insanity, which is a scenario I never completed in BoE (though I got fairly far).

The whole plot is that the party has ended up in a dungeon and must get out. The puzzles are near-impossible, and some just require a whole lot of luck. And with the scripting system, it's going to be even more complex and brain-wracking. Yay!

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
Having played said scenario, I can attest to the fact that it was mind-numbingly difficult. It also made no sense at all. It was quite clever and interesting, but it really lacked something in the cohesiveness department.

—Alorael, who also has problems with walking on water in a land of impassable grass. With demons.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #20
And the room of doors? Ahh, the memories... *wipes a tear*

I think this time I'll make a walkthrough as I create the scenario, both for those who actually want to play the scenario and for me while I test it.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #21
I want to make a scenario where you need to use more than just brute force to win the battles. This will be much easier with the level and pc checkers as well as the monster scripts in BoA. I hope the game engine won't make BoA inherently like Avernum 3 in terms of difficulty.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #22
Allrighty then. I want to make a scenario, maybe in the time when the Empire didint rule-it-all, bu was quite advanced in getting to that. So my idea is that you start at the exit (a quite broad one) of V-shaped valley (only one exit and you are at it). In this valley your people have lived for centuries, its quite well fortified, especially the exit, and the innermost town. The Empire has just reached the outskirts of your small world. The troops attack. Despite your valliant efforts, you cannot hold the fortification. With the rest of your surviving troops you retreat to another town. You get ready but the Empire bombards it with heavy magic. Once again, you retreat, but this time you've got nowhere to go. You are at the innermost part of the valley. This is your last stand. You fight until only you are left. The Empire general is quite amazed by your persistance. He gives you a choice: leave or be fight and be killed. Choose.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #23
So your scenario consists of a few events, and a dialogue box with two options in it?

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #24
Sound like an interesting scenario, but how are you going to implement the empire closing in? Kind of sad since the empire will inevitably win anyway. Another idea for a scenario would be the Empire vs. the Other Empire. Then there would be huge, near pointless battles between the two.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.

Pages