Beta check on aisle three

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Beta check on aisle three
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #25
ash, you actually plan on playing my scenafio? I thought you wouldn't play it, or at least you said so. If you do want to play, then please tell me, so I can send you the new version in about three weeks.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 2312
Profile #26
Hello Lazarus and Ephesos,

I only got cmg file.
So please retry at

hqi02211 (at) nifty (dot) com
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #27
Well that makes things easier, if you already have the .cmg file then I can just send you the text files and .bas (which I actually have.)

Sent.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #28
Sent in my report.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #29
Is this still alive?
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #30
Now it is. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #31
Beta testing communication has been sidelined to the BoAC testing forum. Or whatever it is called. I look for it here.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #32
My new scenario, Dilecia v 1.0.0, is out. Get it from the Spiderweb scenario boards (as soon as Jeff puts it up), or here from my website.

I currently only have the Windows version for download. If you use a Mac and can't convert your own graphics, then you'll have to wait until I get the Mac version, or Jeff puts it up.

[ Monday, July 17, 2006 18:49: Message edited by: Lazarus. ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #33
Congrats and good work!

EDIT: Did you make the changes you mentioned in the BTC (re: spreading out the plot exposition)?

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I steal something very important to the hero, I will not put it on public display.

[ Monday, July 17, 2006 18:58: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #34
Yay! A new scenario and it looks like I can use my Fightin' Bunch lvl 35 for this one. Yay!

On a side note, Jeff's been pretty lazy about putting the scenarios up. Nikki's A Good Beginning still isn't up, although he released it in the beginning of July and I sent Spidweb a new version of Magus of Cattalon around February.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #35
I sent Jeff an updated version of DoK around January... nothing yet... I'm beginning to think that he's just leaving us to our own devices here.

Yay for community hosting.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #36
Jeff has a tendency to ignore individual e-mails. If you don't get any sort of response after a week, e-mail him again.

This reminds me that it's about time to update my links and Player FAQ.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #37
That reminds me. When I first sent MoC to Spidweb and after three weeks it still wasn't up there I sent another email and got this response:

"Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the reminder. My laptop was stolen (all our Blades email and scenarios were stored on it) and your first email went with it. It's up now. I created the Mac version of the graphics (magi.cmg) for Mac users.

Mariann Krizsan"

I got this on the 31st of January, so this could at least explain why Ephesos' update for DoK wasn't added.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #38
Dintiradan: I made the plot changes I mentioned over at the BTC. Beta testers who play through the new version will find it to be quite different.

And on a somewhat related note, how long does Jeff leave a scenario in the "Untried" section? MoC seems to have been there forever, and Nephilim Mystery was there for a while as well.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

And on a somewhat related note, how long does Jeff leave a scenario in the "Untried" section? MoC seems to have been there forever, and Nephilim Mystery was there for a while as well.
It's supposed to be, "until the scenario gets enough reviews to move it elsewhere." It has ended up being, "until Spidweb gets around to updating the tables, which is rare."

As far as I can tell, the way to get Spidweb to do things that Blades designers need them to do is to prod, calmly and persistently.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #40
BUMP: Mac version is now available thanks to Ephesos. You can find it at the same place as the windows version (points to sig).

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #41
I'm on a Mac, but the Mac version fails to load the graphics, and when I open the .cmg file in ResEdit, it's blank. What's going on?

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #42
Well its hard for me to offer advice, since I don't have a Mac. But I know that the cmg file is there. For some reason there are 2 of them, an (empty) one in the scenario folder with most of the scripts, another one in a seperate folder with a file called .ds_store. I'm not sure what this file is for or why the seperate folder is necessary, but I've seen it in other Mac scenarios so I think Ephesos did it deliberately. Maybe you'll have better luck if you take the .cmg file from there and put it into the scenario folder with all the scripts?

Perhaps another Mac user could comment on whether anything I've said approaches reasonability, or if I'm just talking nonsense.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #43
Drat... I'm going to assume that something happened to the file when I sent it. Um... I guess I can host a copy of the file at the Sanctuary.

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #44
If a PC user compresses or uncompresses a .cmg file, it breaks and becomes useless.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #45
That .cmg file is not empty. I'm not sure what you were using to open it, but it's all there, and all intact. Lazarus never uncompressed the file, because I sent him a compressed copy of the whole scenario folder.

So, the problem's on your end, Shard.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #46
Some versions of Stuffit Expander have been known to chew up resource forks when opening files compressed with certain compression formats, so that might well be the problem. Try a different decompression utility.

[ Tuesday, July 25, 2006 23:57: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #47
Well Jeff finally updated the scenario tables. Dilecia and A Good Beginning are both under Untried and Untested. Proving Grounds somehow scored a 3.3 and made the Scenarios Table(I can't imagine even Slack's mother scoring it that high, but I digress). Congrats to Smoo as well, as MoC is now on the Quality Scenarios Table scoring a lofty 4.7 (I've been reading all of its reviews trying to find mine, I seem to remember writing one although none are jumping out at me). I'm not sure if any of the newer versions of DoK or BWC were added, as I don't follow the version numbers on the Tables, Ephesos or Smoo would have to check it out.

Good timing, I was just preparing to do some gentle prodding when he updated it. As a matter of fact I had an e-mail already written, and had actually sent it on Sunday. Yahoo wouldn't send it, and the message was lost. After much swearing at yahoo I decided to let Jeff take his sweet time; I'm not sure if someone else e-mailed him or if things worked out on their own.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I'm not sure if someone else e-mailed him or if things worked out on their own.
*Whistles innocently* :P

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Pages