Magus of Cattalon Released.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Magus of Cattalon Released.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #0
That's right, my second scenario is ready for you to play. It's intented for level thirty parties. Pc players can get it from my site (link's in my sig) with no problems. Mac players are going to have to either wait for Spiderweb to make the cmg-file or do it themselves. The sit-file on my site has the custom graphics in Pict-files so I guess it should be easy to make the file.

I'll just finish this by thanking all the betatesters who managed to send me something and give huge thanks to spy.there for making me the intro pictures and getting sick in the process. That's what happens to everybody who try to help me.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #1
I´m so sorry for not being able to help you! :(

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Thank you for your designing efforts! I'll try your scenario after I'm finished posting.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Can't wait to try it out. Backwater Calls was pretty good, and I expect this will be even better.

I see that I'll have to wait for Spidweb to convert things...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
I've converted the graphics and am temporarily hosting the file here. Just download it and stick it into the scenario folder, and you should be able to play the game on a Mac.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #5
In your sig, you have the "http://" part stuck in twice. Every time I try to follow the unaltered link, Microsoft reroutes it to their site and tries to sell me some filth.

EDIT: For rating MoC. Not actually downloading them.

[ Sunday, January 08, 2006 14:33: Message edited by: Knotty ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
Awesome. Will rate, maybe after another playthrough.

Quick observation- no readme is present. A walkthrough, yes, but no readme.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
I see a readme. It's a file called READ ME! (please).txt.

It doesn't say much — just beta and graphical credits. But still, it exists.

[ Sunday, January 08, 2006 15:05: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
Which version, PC or Mac?

I may have downloaded the PC version accidentally. >_>

Wa-how, those are some good intro pics.

[ Sunday, January 08, 2006 15:24: Message edited by: Prometheus ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
PC version. Huh. You're right, though: the Mac version doesn't have it.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
I rushed through the scenario as fast as I could. Seems pretty good. Very creative. I would have liked to see more explanation about the children, though. Admittedly, it could be there and I missed it.

Dikiyoba wonders why nobody asks why there is a nephil traveling with the party.
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #11
A thousand and 9 thank you's -- I can now play a new BOA game and stop playing Dragon Quest 8 (for the last two last weeks - a.m. to p.m.)

Plus five graemlins... :) :D ;) :P :cool:

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #12
Just in time! I've downloaded it and will play it as soon as I get the chance. Anything to keep from going back (starting over, more like) to that other scenario that's my bane at the moment.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #13
No readme in the Mac version? Whoops! I'll fix that in a minute.

The intro pics certainly were worth the wait, although I did screw up a bit with the second one. You see, I was about to kick the scenario out without the second intro pic and when I was checking my email for the last time - Ta-daa! Here's the last intro pic. So I put the picture in and release the scen. Then a couple of hours later I get another, finished picture. D'oh. I'll change the picture once I get some more bugs to squish and once I have the time. It basically just has a soldier walking around the field of children.

Which leads me to another matter: In less than ten hours I should be inside a military base getting my six months of compulsory military service out of the way. Whoopie. In the first three weeks I won't be getting out of the military base at all. So if anyone finds bugs in MoC (or in Backwater Calls for that matter.) then please send me the description of the bugs in email. I'd really appreciate it if someone could direct the people who find the bugs to send me an email about them.

Dikiyoba: You mean explanation regarding what happened to the children? You can ask Polonius about it but for some reason he doesn't want to talk about it. As for the nephilim: word about the party has already spread out so (for some reason) no-one cares about the nephilim.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
great! can't wait to play the whole of iy finnaly (This time with the graphics). were my comments actually still of any use?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #15
I downloaded the mac version, and when I open the .sit file, Stuffit claimed that the achive was corrupted. I ended up with all of the text files, but not the .bas file. Has no one else had this problem? If not, I'll just try downloading again.

Edit: I tried redownloading it, and this copy seems fine.

[ Monday, January 09, 2006 10:24: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #16
Ah, so you got the second pic. Since I'm still offline I had to send it from a friend's computer and she sent the wrong mail +_+ then went immediately. I had to find another computer to send the right picture.
I'm soo curious how they look in the shrinked intro-version. Sitting in a hospital with a very slow analogue line and my old ibook (the handbag) there is no chance to play BoA or to download MoC, boo hoo.
But at least I'm back at SW boards! I banned myself until I had finished Smoo's pics.
And no, the pictures didn't make ME sick, rather Smoo who had to wait such a long time.
:( And ... um, six month of military base sounds really unhealthy. My sympathy, Smoo.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #17
Very nice pictures miss.spy, that was one of the things missing on most scenarios released so far. It's amazing how a nice piece of drawing can brighten up a scenario. Congrats.

Btw, that picture with the dead kids was nasty...did anyone see you draw this? I'm curious about how they reacted. :)

EDIT: Miss, hehe, sorry.

[ Tuesday, January 10, 2006 03:10: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:

Very nice pictures mr.spy,
Just so you know, spy.there is a lady...

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #19
Thank you all for the compliments ^_^
What do you mean with "nasty", Nazgul? The effect or the drawing? I think the children are rather harmless, like sleeping. First I had crying mothers on that pic; it was much more frightening.
But also too crowded.
And nobody saw the drawings before Smoo. I usually don't show the half-done work :)

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #20
quote:
Ah, so you got the second pic. Since I'm still offline I had to send it from a friend's computer and she sent the wrong mail +_+ then went immediately. I had to find another computer to send the right picture.
The art is excellent and a nice touch. Well done.

I hope Smoo has lots of fun in boot camp. I'm imagining his drill instructor will turn out to be like the one in Full Metal Jacket.

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me