Lord Putidus help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Lord Putidus help
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #0
K, now I'm playing Lord Putidus. I got passed the floor with the letters. And the room beyond that is filled with live statues that attack me and summon up those humongous fungi things and I'm dead before I can shoot maybe 3 arrows. help???? Should I keep persevering, or take a trip to the character editor??
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
You should quit LP and try a better scenario.

(Kill the statues- there's no trick to avoiding them.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
TM, stop it.

iluvhorses, do you still have potions left over? If you do, use everything you have, because this is the last fight in the scenario. If not, this will be a bit harder.

Combat in LP basically boils down to two things: melee or pila. I recommend unloading as many pila as you can — you should have two or three good hurlers in your party — as quickly as possible.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Also, in case you didn't know it already, there's a trick that's useful in a lot of preset encounters in BoA; enter combat mode, bless and haste and all of that, then have your entire party use the Wait command once ("w" on the keyboard) before triggering the encounter. That way, you get at least one full turn in on your opponents before they can act. (If you're sufficiently hasted, this probably becomes *two* full turns.) After that, well, just pray your party can kill off the statues before they can summon anything.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Also, in case you didn't know it already, there's a trick that's useful in a lot of preset encounters in BoA; enter combat mode, bless and haste and all of that, then have your entire party use the Wait command once ("w" on the keyboard) before triggering the encounter. That way, you get at least one full turn in on your opponents before they can act. (If you're sufficiently hasted, this probably becomes *two* full turns.) After that, well, just pray your party can kill off the statues before they can summon anything.
I thought magic was rendered useless in LP. That's why I haven't played it yet.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
It is, but you can still haste and bless with potions. And enemies' magic works just fine, so the statues are quite capable of summoning things that will kill you.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #6
argh, I lost some of my potions in battles outside. You know when you have to fight those animals, and some battles were like with 9 bears or 11 worgs or something, sometimes I would end up with two people left and they didn't have enough room to pick everything up that was owned by the others and once I ended combat mode it was all gone. So, that's how I lost some potions.
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #7
mmmkay - got past the statues, went back up out of the fire pit, talked to Collatinus, talked to Lucretia, talked to Faustulus, and now I'm at Putidus' door. I tried once already, and I was dead in seconds. How do you kill the fiend???
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #8
As far as I can tell, you can't. You have to get Faustulus to agree to help you. The means to do this is on the first floor of the castle.
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #9
Yup, got it. Thanks.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #10
Yea, Whats up with my mage and priest points being reduced to 0 and all my spells forgotten when I play this scenario?

Is that supposed to happen?
Apprentice
Member # 5651
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

Yea, Whats up with my mage and priest points being reduced to 0 and all my spells forgotten when I play this scenario?

Is that supposed to happen?

Yes, it is. It actually turns your levels in spells into levels in Thrown Missiles (and maybe First Aid too). There is no magic in that scenario.

But with the high Thrown Missiles and uber-powerful Pilums (although balanced in this specific scenario), you get better damage than any spell you could dream of casting at level 3 or 4. (At that level my best thrower did 90-100. It was an Experience. :D )

--------------------
In D&D there are lots of gods. Some of them are Jesus Christ and Lucifer, and they have equal power. Players can choose either to worship one of them, and as most of them find it funny, they choose to worship Lucifer. It is one of the ways how pure souls are taken by the devil...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
You're Roman soldiers. There is surprisingly little extant documentation of Roman soldiers employing magic. Hence the lack of spells.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #13
Yea, I didn't notice any (although I may have just missed it) but it would have been nice to have been told that somewhere rather than thinking my computer ate my stat points.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
The magic -> weaponry transition was great, but my singleton never got his spells back after he finished. That and it's fiendishly difficult to play the scenario with a singleton.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
What version of the scenario are you playing? Version 1.0 didn't give you your spells back. I think the latest version does.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #16
I picked it up almost as soon as it was released, so I probably just have the wrong version. Oh well, I was able to correct it with the editor anyway.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

Yea, I didn't notice any (although I may have just missed it) but it would have been nice to have been told that somewhere rather than thinking my computer ate my stat points.
quote:
LP's Read Me:
You should also know that the party CANNOT USE MAGIC in this scenario. That means that a whole host of skills (Priest Spells, Mage Spells, Arcane Lore, Intelligence) are not particularly relevant, and you probably don't want to train in them. The party, upon entering this scenario, will lose all of those skills (except Intelligence) and all of its spells.
He does tell you your spells will be taken away.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #18
Damn...Suppose I should have read that. But come on, how many people read the readme?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

The magic -> weaponry transition was great, but my singleton never got his spells back after he finished. That and it's fiendishly difficult to play the scenario with a singleton.
You're not supposed to play with a singleton. The readme also mentions that. So it's your own darn fault. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Apprentice
Member # 1552
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Andrew Miller:

As far as I can tell, you can't. You have to get Faustulus to agree to help you. The means to do this is on the first floor of the castle.
Can't find anything on the first floor other than the little room off the entry hall to spy on visitors? Where should I be looking on the first floor to get Faustulus to help?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
The southwest.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #22
It also says when you load the scenario what your skills have been changed to.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Jelly:

It also says when you load the scenario what your skills have been changed to.
Not everyone looks at the dialog_string box at the bottom.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 6043
Profile #24
o.o ...
OR... You can go to Klendon's Pink Page ( or something like that ) and download High Level Party Maker. Download, put in Scenario's folder, and load or create a new party. Go to Character Editor, max everything to its max, then play the scenario High Level Party Making and greate a "god" party. ( lvl 224). You will have AMAZING hp, spell points, and mad skillz. I killed a Vahanti Lord in 1 hit. You hit like 30,000s and you can assasinate for like 20,000. It's amazing and you GOTTA try it. Plus, you get God Armor and become immortal. ;) It's the best armor in the game, You can't even get TOUCHED by a vahanti lord. They simply miss EVERY time. I complete the Diplomacy witht the Dead 2 times in 1 hour. I pwned man PWNED. YA JUST GOTTA TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!! ~gets high of High Level Party Maker~

Pages