Bahssikava released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Bahssikava released!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
Bahssikava has been released! Get it here.

More text and stuff to come in the morning. I'm tired now and going to sleep.

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 20:25: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #1
Yay! Between this and the other scenarios that have come up in the last few months and will come up in the next, I have a reason to play through BoA again.

Thanks Kel, and even though it is slightly off topic:

Thank you very much to all of you guys who put so many hours from your life, spend so much of what is, arguably, the most precious limited resource in existence: Time.

Your time.

So that we can play and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

From a leech who uses other people's fruit and has yet to produce and share his,

Thank you. All. Very much.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 1425
Profile #2
This is impossible to do with a singleton
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
What, specifically, is impossible to do with a singleton?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Apprentice
Member # 5512
Profile #4
did you update the HLPM library yet? :P

--------------------
Gir! What did you do with the Guidance chip?

I took it out to make room for the CUPCAKE!!!!!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
To all my beta testers: thank you for your work. A few things have changed since the beta, including:

* Walkthrough added.

* A shop in the Guardpost to sell items.

* The spawners turn red on the turn before they spawn, so it's easier to avoid summons.

* I think, I hope, finally, I fixed the zaps in Machinery so that you can walk around without those sounds playing over and over again.

* The enter-combat-exit-combat bug has been dealt with. You can't skip important specials anymore.

* Phaedra no longer duplicates herself in the Guardpost -- I think. If anyone finds a copy of her, please let me know.

* The sidequest to Nolagh-Khar is a tad bit more mandatory now.

* A spellbook to get a higher level of Repel Spirit. No, I'm not telling you where! It's in the walkthrough if you really want to know.

* Various other things I've forgotten.

Thank you again, and remember to rate the scenario on CSR. Play it again before you do, if you have time, because it is a bit smoother and better now.

EDIT: More changes as I remember them.

Also, I just noticed a typo. It's rather minimal: the Repel Spirit spellbook in Guardpost gives 1 level rather than 2. Anyway, I'll have a v1.0.1 out soon to fix this.

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:47: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 14
Profile #6
I hereby proclaim that Machinery is the most godawful thing ever to be created by the likes of man. >_<

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #7
Thanks Kelandon for another scenario :D :D

Oh and nice folder graphic, thats class man RESPEK...

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 15:01: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
[quote] Originally written by Dragyn Bob:
[b]I hereby proclaim that Machinery is the most godawful thing ever to be created by the likes of man. >_
Apprentice
Member # 5005
Profile #9
w00t! Go Kel! :D

(now I can finally hear stuff from Kel OUTSIDE OF MAKING Bahssikava...freedom!) I MEAN love ya Kel ;)

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 15:41: Message edited by: Wizcozski ]

--------------------
Beware the Were-Rabbit!
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #10
W00T!! Again!!!

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #11
It's time for questions I can't figure out on my own or with the walkthrough!

I have four metal triangles: one from Bahssikava deeps, one from the library, one from the catacombs, and one from machinery. I assume there is another behind that door with the star that I can't open, but where is the other?

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
There's another in the Catacombs. One's on the northeast side in the room with the avatars. The other's on the west side where the ghosts are in the halls.

EDIT: My web page has changed locations slightly. Update your bookmarks if you've bookmarked my page. The link in sig is still good, and the old page should redirect.

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 20:24: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #13
I would like to officially admit that I stayed up until 4 AM last night playing Bahssikava.

Kelandon, you have done Blades of Avernum a great service.

Just a small bug, probably way too hard to fix, but...

In the fight against the Drake Lord who takes control of your party leader, it's possible to have your party leader teleport onto the same space as another monster.

Anyway, great job...

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #14
Another minor semi-bug I found was that in machinery, you can bypass the first two door-opening puzzles by bashing the doors open (Strength 200).

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Because we all need a good moniker.:
In the fight against the Drake Lord who takes control of your party leader, it's possible to have your party leader teleport onto the same space as another monster.
This would be annoying to fix, although not too technically difficult. Even though this looks weird, nothing malfunctions, right? I assume you can just interpret this as the two of them standing next to each other.

quote:
Originally written by Dragyn Bob:
Another minor semi-bug I found was that in machinery, you can bypass the first two door-opening puzzles by bashing the doors open (Strength 200).
This was intentional. I'm assuming that a character with Strength high enough to bash open a door locked that tightly is not anywhere near level 40, and if you play with a character far above level 40, you'll probably be able to skip a significant number of things in this scenario.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #16
[Humbug Voice]
Back in beta, we didn't have no stinkin' walkthrough!
We played through Machinery with our own brain! In snow ten feet above our heads! Uphill, both ways!...
And we enjoyed it!
[/Humbug Voice]

But seriously, I highly suggest that you are play Bahssikavah, at least once. It's a really, really ridiculously good scenario. One of the best I've played yet. Give it a whirl!
EDIT: Oh, and it took me at least six hours to do the laser puzzle, with something like two reloads, and multiple sectional resets.

Oh, and Kel, if you still have that laser puzzle sitting around, I'd love to try it. You should have my email.

[ Monday, February 21, 2005 08:53: Message edited by: Dastal ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
With an attitude like that, I direct you to CSR! :P

But seriously, it helps when many people rate the scenario and make comments so that I know what people like and what people don't. I know in great detail what some people like, but I'd like to get a feel for what a broad range of people like, so that I can design not thinking about just TM and the other three or four people who rate every scenario.

So don't be shy! Give a rating from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst scenario ever made, 10 being the best scenario you could ever imagine being made, with most competent scenarios falling in the 7-9 range) with whatever comments you may have.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 14
Profile #18
Hooray I have gotten stuck again! Under Khar-Grav, the laser that blocks you from leaving the stair room is on. What should be done to turn that off? I already did the task with blowing up the hot crystal, if that's related.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
Er, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. There aren't any lasers anywhere that should block you from doing anything in UKG.

EDIT: And to Dastal: the puzzle didn't work. BoA can't handle beams criss-crossing at different heights, apparently, or projectors and mirrors in close proximity. It would've been great, but it was just not to be.

You can still see it in the southeast corner of UKG if you open it in the editor, though.

[ Monday, February 21, 2005 09:15: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 14
Profile #20
According to the minimap, it's about the middle of the level. It's the room you're deposited in when you climb down the ladder from the temple in Khar-Grav. There's a bubbly column, a pile of skulls, a chest with a saw and wood inside, and a stone counter with a bucket of water.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
Oh, THAT. I'd forgotten about that.

You have to use the control panel in the far southwest corner of Western Bahssikava, in the same room as the Flamer (the haakai who blasts fire).

Be careful when you go and do that. You have to be able to read a bit of Bahssikavan or else you need to get Ithik to join you -- which can only happen if you know a bit of Bahssikavan. Dammit, that wasn't thought out well at all. I think that's going to get changed for v1.0.1.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #22
Great Job Kelandon Im still not finished it yet. Just starting the fight with Ug??? Kr?? whatever that demon guy anyway. This is definetly the best BOA scenario out by massive leaps better than anything. One point and its just a personal preference I hate spawners you now where the slith ghost spwan on the platforms. I now I could have shut that down right away but I didnt ahhh. Besides that excellent effort good history tie ins to A1, just great thxs. Oh and please keep the folder ghraphic..... :D

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #23
So far I've made it to Machinery and I like what I've seen so far. I probably won't be able to finish the scenario for a while since I don't plan on using the walkthrough. Looks like tricky puzzles... :confused:

Anywho, good job Kelandon!

And I found a bug: in the secret room in the library you can take an infinite amount of the little metal thingies from the box.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Apprentice
Member # 5418
Profile Homepage #24
:cool: Just downloaded it and will test drive ASAP. Everyone so far has given it good reviews. :cool:

--------------------
Always keep the Wild Card up your sleeve.

Pages