Bahssikava released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Bahssikava released!
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #75
Dragyn Bob wrote:
quote:
I had this problem too, but you can get around it if you're willing to muck around in the character editor with the stuff done flags. Flag 14,10 is whether or not you've done anything to the controls or not, and 0 is the start state. Flag 250,2 is your knowledge of Bahssikavan, and you need it at at least 2.
Thanks, Dragyn. That worked for me. For the benefit of any else trying this, click "advanced features -> set stuff done flag" and then three text boxes will pop up (one at a time). Enter 14 in the first, 10 in the second, and 0 in the third. Repeat the process but enter 250, 2, and then 2 in the text boxes. Don't forget to save your changes.
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #76
Kelandon wrote
quote:
You have to be able to read a bit of Bahssikavan or else you need to get Ithik to join you -- which can only happen if you know a bit of Bahssikavan. Dammit, that wasn't thought out well at all. I think that's going to get changed for v1.0.1.
I actually knew a bit of Bahssikavan but not enough apparently. Perhaps the following:

0 points of Bahssikavan: blow up controls
1 point: blow up controls and disable laser
2 points or more: disable laser
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #77
It's already changed. In the latest version, which you can download from my site, you can use those controls successfully if you only know one level of Bahssikavan, which you can get if you backtrack and deal with the chitrachs in Northern Bahssikava.

EDIT: Incidentally, I posted a somewhat long bit about what I tried to do with Bahssikava and what I've learned from the process over at the Lyceum here.

[ Monday, March 07, 2005 19:12: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #78
Ithik told me about two secret passages. One is supposed to lead from the DG's office to the GP. I looked all over the DG's office, and all I found was a passage I could rest in. Since the gates reset (why do the guys at spidweb think that all doors should reset when you leave a level?) I have no way back to the GP.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #79
The passage you can rest in was the passage to the Guardpost. If you read the message you get there, you'll notice that it's caved in recently.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5559
Profile #80
Thury points out
quote:
The passage you can rest in was the passage to the Guardpost. If you read the message you get there, you'll notice that it's caved in recently.
I see. Then the point of the conversation is only to explain how Ithik got there alive and so much faster than us. But the actual conversation is too surreal for me.

It doesn't make sense for Ithik to tell you that the first passage leads to a place you can rest. He should tell you it leads back to the GP, which is a better place to rest from both a role-playing point of view and a game playing point of view (because you can fence your loot there). That is, unless he knows about the cavein but is hiding that fact from you.

Even worse, since my party has already found the cavein, we should be able to tell Ithik about it. We should also be able to ask him what he found when he ransacked the DG's office. There are a few other questions I'd like to ask him as well.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #81
Good points. Though you could ask similar things of many sections in the scenario. For example why cant i join the dragon and kill all the slith. Stupid superior Dragons :mad:

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #82
You can join Galthrax. The scenario just ends right there. :P

There was some rationale behind Ithik knowing exactly what had happened in that tunnel, but I've forgotten what it was now. I think it was that at the time he wrote the note, the cave-in had not yet occurred, but by the time you speak to him in MG1, it has and he's been back to see it. Or something like that.

He didn't so much ransack the DG's office as look around, notice the large piles of dust on everything, realize that the DG use the office much except as a back way into MG, and leave a note.

He can't tell you that much because he's in a hurry to get out of there -- he's a lot less powerful than your party is, and the creatures around could give him a hell of a time.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
You can join Galthrax. The scenario just ends right there.
I know. But I was so excited when the dragon seemed all like happy to have my party as allies. Then he just turns around and kills me. That was so unfair. I was totally ready to butcher the remaining slith. Even my slith warrior was ready to kill his own people.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #84
Updated to v1.0.3. Get the new version at my web page.

--------------------

Pages