Board Degeneration

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Board Degeneration
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #100
quote:
Oh, and "deplorable?"
Teasing you. You have so much life in you. Why on earth should you wish to be someone else? Being attractive has really not that much to do with being handsome, you know.

--------------------
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #101
I'm neither attractive nor handsome, thank you, and I still don't know what the word 'deplorable' means.

And uhh, try my life for a while. You'll be proud to be someone else than me after that.

Sorry, forgot, you already are.

[ Thursday, June 26, 2003 13:33: Message edited by: Trajkov and the Teapot ]

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #102
deplorable ~ "regrettable" is what comes to my mind.

I would be proud to be someone else? If someone's life was very unhappy, I might feel grateful that I do not have to carry that burden, but proud? In my opinion it's the one who carries the burden who deserves respect.

--------------------
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #103
Uh, I don't exactly carry rock on my shoulders. I just happen to hate myself bad.

And since when this thread turned to be the HELP TGM AHH THAT KIDS GOT PROBLEMS WE MUST SOLVE THEM FOR HIM- center?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #104
Can't solve your problems for you.

As to the why - *scratches head* - don't know, happened.

--------------------
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #105
Now, we've gotten to my point. Stop the crap about helping me and caring about me, and speak about the board degeneration. My personal problems should not have anything to do with THAT. :)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #106
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Try not to forget it. :P :)

[ Thursday, June 26, 2003 13:49: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #107
Uhh, what?

:P

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #108
*cough* There are PMs for this.

Cease and desist.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #109
AKA DIE FOOLZ

*Now Sir David once more, I got tired of iDavid though it was a very good idea, thanks Sodium Cyanide, and I will probably change it back to iDavid eventually, or something else if I can thing of something good or someone gives me a good sugestion. Just letting you know, not that it isn't obvious who I am by my sig, etc...

EDIT: Ignore that top part, I just needed an excuse to post the rest. And to say the words DIE FOOLZ, of course.

[ Thursday, June 26, 2003 16:46: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #110
Anyone else noticed how few posts have been posted lately? Or is it just me?

I haven't said anything on the topic yet so...

I think that certain people such as FB should be banned. He managed to start flame wars on three such RP topics, and managed to get at least 5 topics locked, all in the same two days. I dislike the fact that he was allowed to continue on. He's not a bad person. Just immature and he doesn't listen to others. However, I started to get angry at him after he CONSTANTLY SPAMMED and then whined when we kicked him out of the NSI RP post because he brought in his uber god characters. I also was angered by the fact that the mods gave him too many chances. :mad:

Others have made good progress and have managed to change. :)

So my point is uh... er... that their behaviors shouldn't be tolerated and if you made an example of one, mabey the others would shape up. :P

And... that's all I can think of right now. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #111
LONG LIVE SAER DAVUD!!!!!!!!11

[Insert something on-topic here]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #112
Anyone know the web adress for FB's forums?

And also, can any help me make my own for my webpage I'm building? I have little knowledge of HTML code or CGI coding (right?) so I need help.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #113
And just why do you want to go to FB's forums, if I may take the liberty of asking?

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #114
it's got nothing after xxo and i cleaned up the board, cleaning up meaning deleting 70+% of the stuff and banning the NINJASE.

if you're in it for RPs that are completely unrelated to Spid, you might as well check out Wise Forums.[/plugself again]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #115
quote:
And also, can any help me make my own for my webpage I'm building? I have little knowledge of HTML code or CGI coding (right?) so I need help.

I can't help with CGI but HTML is very, very easy. There are very good, helpful, and FREE (YAY for free!!) tutorials right online. Just google for HTML + tutorials. You can get them for javascript, cgi, and xml, and others. There are even free html editors you can download that will help you make a web page.

What o/s do you use? Some even come with an editor already. Some of the Windows packages come with Front Page Express which is easy-no frills but easy.

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #116
You can download a free forum from invisionboard.com, FD. Or is it the installment that you need help with?

[ Friday, June 27, 2003 12:41: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #117
I don't really know how to get a forum up and running. And I only have Netscape, which is slightly more useful than MS Frontpage, but it's abilities are limited. For example I've tried to get a background midi to play when my Main page loads. Yet, I can't change it through Netscape Communicator, so I have to use html, which I know how to do. So for many things, I'm stuck with HTML.

So, how do I create a forum? Can someone give me a step by step type explaination?

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #118
There should be some kind of explanation on the website... www.invisionboard.com... although I think TGM's forums are Invision, you could ask him.

Which reminds me, though I am happy that you are concerned for my continued well-being ( :rolleyes: ), TGM, please don't spam.

EDIT: Hypocracy... oh well... mine was a little useful anyway...

[ Friday, June 27, 2003 18:58: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #119
Haw, but Davy, I had to.. :P

For coding help: EchoEcho.com - tutorials, examples, of various styles of coding.

And IPB really comes with instructions. In case you're a bumb ass like me and don't have friends that can put up boards in fifteen minutes, you could go with InvisionFree. Lot's of database errors, limited version of the board, but it's free, and ready for you to use.

In case you want to put up a completely new board, I can't help much. :)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #120
FD, didn't Saunders link you to a tutorial some time ago? Here's another:

page tutor

Also computer magazines come with CDs that you could check.

[ Saturday, June 28, 2003 10:04: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #121
I don't remember if he did ef, it probably was while ago.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll tell you in a few days if my sites coming along alright.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #122
I have way too much experience with web pages and installing Invision and dealing with evil hosting providers and the like. If you need help, email me at VarelseIsDjur at desperance dot net (hey, I hate spam, God help me) and I'll see what I can do.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #123
That for secrets...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.

Pages