Spiderweb beret?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Spiderweb beret?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1278
Profile #25
Uh-oh, here comes the bluntest man in the world!
THE BERET SUCKS. That is all.

--------------------
"The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."
-The Emperor, Star Wars
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #26
Yeah, the beret sucks. You'd have to be some sort of stunning creature to pull that one off, and even then the outcome would be questionable.
But what's wrong with Goths? It's just a form of roleplaying, and they're not hurting anyone. They have my respect just for the cojones it takes to go out in public with some of those getups. Overdramatic? Maybe. Idiots? If roleplaying is idiotic, that says something about all of us, doesn't it...

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1278
Profile #27
Yeah, but if you have to roleplay your everyday life, there's something wrong with you. If you have a problem being yourself, "going goth" isn't the answer.

--------------------
-The Emperor, Star Wars
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #28
[sarcasm]Ooh, I think I'll wear this to my wedding[/sarcasm]. I think there's a reason the model has her back to the camera; she doesn't want to be seen in anything that ugly :P

[ Thursday, June 12, 2003 15:30: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #29
Lol you're so funny xxo.

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #30
I don't know about the goths in some of your areas, but around here, they seem to be determined to look as scary and satanic as possible. Anyway, I can't see any type of person wearing that beret...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #31
Oooh. Satanism. :rolleyes: WebWarrior, do you work for this company, or are you trying to promote their wares just for the hell of it?

At the risk of sounding straight, I do use my clothes to reflect some of who I am, at least when going to public gatherings. I want people who look at me to have a general sense of the kind of things I like. Most of the time, I'll throw on whatever is comfortable and won't get caught on nails and scenery when doing tech work, but if I'm going to a party, I might wear something vaguely Goth-looking. I would not, however, be caught dead in that ugly-ass beret, shirt or dress. I am the kind of person who uses clothing to express herself, but I don't let it determine how I think of myself; rather, I let the way I think of myself determine my clothing.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #32
Methinks that Goths are mostly trying to attract attention to themselves by saying (with their style of dress) "Hey, look at me. I'm my own person!" The funny part is now that Gothic has become a quasi popular style, it becomes increasingly difficult for goths to be seen as individuals. They have been assimilated and have ceased to be unique. Gothic shall fall to the wannabes and then into oblivion. And there will be much rejoicing. And the people will feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats, and lions, and...
*We interrupt this program to bring you an apology for the above post. We are sorry it rambles so, it was the product of a deranged mind.*
Anyway, back to the subject of hats, which is a wonderful subject and very much worth a lengthy discussion. My personal favorite is the fedora. I do know one person who is fond of bowlers, and he says...

Uh oh! Men in white coats are here. Gotta run!

[ Thursday, June 12, 2003 20:17: Message edited by: Cyanide Reloaded ]

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #33
Ummm... RoR, it was Sir David who mentioned satanism. Not that that's a surprise...

Sir David's attitudes remind me of my parents'. They, too, assume that anyone who belongs to any of the so called 'modern counter-cultures' are satanists. I prefer to think they just have too much time on their hands.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #34
How many Satanists in their heart of hearts actually believe in Satan, much less worship him? Very few. There's the Aleister Crowley posse, who believe because they've taken way too many drugs, and there's the whinging teenager posse who just don't think atheist sounds impressive. They'll either grow out of it, or they'll stay stupid.

Now I suggest we drop this before anyone gets offended. If you want to read ranting and raving against group X, may I suggest you look up the book of Obadiah.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #35
Bob Mk2: I do actually know about the Para's odd hat rituals, though wouldn't want one of those either. When I said 'nick it', I was assuming they sell the webby beret in shops somewhere. Though I'll add now that it is probably a crime that carries within it its own punishment - wearing the purloined beret afterwards.

Goths and satanism? :eek: If they are Satan's children, he'd better see an androcologist quickly!
Warrior
Member # 2947
Profile #36
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Mk2:
X, the only person I've ever seen wearing a beret was a member of 3 Para. You do not steal from the Paras if you value the use of your limbs.
X was in the paras? I give him my ultimate respect. How old is he anyway? Where did he serve?

At any rate, I don't like the look of berets in general, but the spiderweb design looked too fashionable french for my taste.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #37
I didn't know he was. I've only the Paras wearing them as I go to school in what is either the largest or second largest garrison town in Britain.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #38
quote:
Originally posted by Omlette:
Ummm... RoR, it was Sir David who mentioned satanism. Not that that's a surprise...
I know; I was being sarcastic towards him. Then I switched my sarcasm over to WebWarrior.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1278
Profile #39
Fer one thing, Satanism ain't what most people think it is. But I won't get started. And the clothes at that site are to repulsive to be expressed with words. A cudgel could express them more fully.
EDIT: I will only wear one hat: the pope's Miter. That is, after it has been pimped out with orange, gold, and green spraypaint. And a huge feather.

[ Friday, June 13, 2003 09:25: Message edited by: Tralsk ]

--------------------
-The Emperor, Star Wars
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #40
In other words, your head will go uncovered your whole life. Good job.

And Omelette, I really don't think that. I just don't like goths, especially not ones who carry around and read aloud the Satanic bible, and have lengthy discussions on which incense if the best spell enhancer. Whatever. I'm not going to do anything about it.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Babelicious
Member # 3092
Profile #41
You're confusing goths with (a) stupid teenagers and (b) irritating wannabe Wiccans. I've had friends who were gothish, and I think that the way they dressed was idiotic. They also are very dear to me. Clothes do not make the man.

On another note, I'd like to show you where this thread is rapidly headed.

IMAGE(http://staff.desperance.net/mboeh/img/toilet.gif)

--------------------
(( take my hand and join us ))
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #42
Spare us from that fate, Alorael! Please!

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #43
I am not an ex-Para or ex-military anything. I just know about the hat rituals as friends like near Hereford.

iDavid's tabooing response to Gothy satanists will only encourage them. They're silly, not evil - whatever they may think of themselves.

Pages