Comics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Comics
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #25
I happen to enjoy the fact that canisters mark you for the world to see. It lets people know who not to piss off.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #26
Really? In my experience, it lets me know who I can whack in order to get a truckload of XP.

Hmm...

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #27
Tully, for someone who doesn't like getting banned, you sure do walk the line an awful lot.

"When you play with fire, you must anticipate some burns."

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #28
Nioca: You're not high enough level to defeat me. Why don't you go 'whack' some more thahds or something first?

Nemesis: This line is so blurred and zigzagged, so subject to the whims of others, you can not speak of my proximity to it.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #29
Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
I happen to enjoy the fact that canisters mark you for the world to see. It lets people know who not to piss off.
Yes, but green does not mean canister use. Green means there was some funny spinach in that salad you had for lunch.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #30
Last time I checked, spinach only turned your crap green, and even then only in infants and old people. Canisters, on the other hand, give your skin a sexy green glow. Sorry I'm not more Flash savvy as to be able to give it that 'glow' aspect.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Nioca: You're not high enough level to defeat me. Why don't you go 'whack' some more thahds or something first?
As tempting as that sounds, I prefer more XP-laden targets. Like those who use spinach-flavored canisters and wear a giant red feather.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #32
You're next, Nioca. Look for your picture in Diki's story thread sometime this week. I actually already had one made... before you betrayed me for the last time. Now I'll have to make a new one as the one I have is simply too flattering.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #33
Who said anything about betrayal? I just like XP.

I mean, isn't that the Tullegolite way?

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #34
quote:
Written in the CoC:
+ Using vulgarity and/or obscenities in any language (whether it's in the open, masked, or abbreviated)

Tully, using vulgarity, even masking as you have, is beneath you. I realize you like maintaining this facade of [something], but consider the kid surfing her with his mom so that she can see for herself that this is a safe place for him to come read about the games she buys for him. And then she clicks on that link and reads the titlebar.

For shame.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #35
Um, I thought I'd mention a few comics to... um

I've always loved (and always will, I suppose) Calvin & Hobbes. I also like Hellboy, Preacher, a good deal of the books people already mentioned, and a lot of Barks' and Rosa's stuff.

I also thought Tully's epic was entertaining, even though it was a bit weak on plot and pacing. And I would have preferred a green glow, but I don't think MS Paint can deliver that.

Spinach rules!

--------------------
Always try to be true to yourself - unless you suck
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #36
quote:

What? Not a single one of you reads my Spiderweb based web comic?
Knock it off. That sort of "comic" wouldn't be appropriate to post on these boards, and as such is not appropriate to directly link to either.

Edited the link out of your original post as well.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #37
Questionable Content is pretty good.

--------------------
For Auir! -Tassadar
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
Ghaal Korra!
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #38
quote:

Nemesis: This line is so blurred and zigzagged, so subject to the whims of others, you can not speak of my proximity to it.
As we can all see pretty clearly, you seem to have knack for finding it anyway.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #39
Oh, so we're censoring political cartoons now, are we? A true sign of a fascist regime. Tragic, yet le resistance lives on.

*adds another star to 'posts edited by mods' medal*

[ Monday, April 21, 2008 19:01: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #40
quote:

Oh, so we're censoring political cartoons now, are we? A true sign of a fascist regime. Tragic, yet le resistance lives on.

*adds another star to 'posts edited by mods' medal*

So fanboi, what does the name of that image (youareallfatanduglycd0.gif) have to do with the image? Is that just a random selection of letters and numbers, or is there some hidden message?

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #41
What a relief. Dikiyoba means, you're still that sickly green color, but at least now you won't end up puking all over everything.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

So fanboi, what does the name of that image (youareallfatanduglycd0.gif) have to do with the image? Is that just a random selection of letters and numbers, or is there some hidden message?
Oh, no! Here I was hoping no one would notice that! Darn you for pointing it out to everyone! And if you must know, the secret meaning behind that title is that salmonisunattracticeandoflowintelligence.gif would not fit.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #43
ET -

Your first attempt at a cartoon was editted for violating the CoC for the point that Jumpin' Salmon mentioned. It title scares the moms clutching the credit cards that buy Jeff's games.

That last one is just poor quality. I hope you get elected to the Board of Supervisors because a political hack job seems to be all that you are qualified for doing, I think Karl Rove is looking to train an apprentice,
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #44
I seem to have stumbled upon some sort of lover's spat, here . . . notwithstanding it being a somewhat unconventional and numerically advantaged one. I don't think I'll comment any further; there's apparently something going on here among the SW Insiders that the rest of us are quite ignorant of. At second glance I think it's probably wise to keep it that way.

I won't even ask what mothers w/ credit cards are doing reading the Spiderweb boards.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Generic Mod:

a political hack job seems to be all that you are qualified for doing, I think Karl Rove is looking to train an apprentice,
Was that supposed to be insulting? Because it was quite the opposite. Sigh, I would very much like to draw a picture of you, you know, but you have yet to accrue enough personality to make one viable. Pity.

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #46
Actually there isn't much going on that you can't see. ET had a post edited by the mods because it included curses that got past the swear filter, and harassment of another member, both of which are prohibited by the code of conduct. ET then made another post harassing the mods for having done this.

The backstory is that something similar happened last year, and ET was temporarily banned for it. ET is convinced that the mods have it out for him and selectively enforce rules on him (which is not the case). ET justifies posts such as these by calling them 'political cartoons,' which I suppose they are, but that doesn't change the fact that they violate the code of conduct. It would be entirely possible to make an argument for how you think things should be done, in a respectful way.

The thing to remember is that there is no guarantee of free speech on these boards. They are private boards and if you want the freedom to curse at and insult other people you can go somewhere else. In governments, guaranteeing freedom of speech is necessary because the government can oppress people. A small gaming message board is not really capable of oppressing people by administrative fiat. If any kind of oppression CAN happen here, it's the social variety: scapegoating and excluding people who don't fit in, or attacking people by using polarizing emotional language based on personal differences: gender, sexuality, race, or even an example ET supplies us with, being fat.

In practice speech here is rarely regulated, but attacks on others are not allowed, and that's why.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #47
Somewhat back on topic, I read OotS and Dilbert.

IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/woeprah.gif)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #48
quote:

Oh, so we're censoring political cartoons now, are we?
I indeed censored your political cartoon - though I believe at the time you referred to it as a mere webcomic - because its content was inappropriate for these boards.

If you would like to contest that it was not, please PM me.

That said, can we please return to the main topic at hand here?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/woeprah.gif)
Heh.

The only comics I peruse are OotS and Alex's stick figures.

--------------------

Pages