Endeavour

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Endeavour
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #50
Bucket of fake urine balancing on the door. :P

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #51
That is one of them, but I also know several others. The majority of the traps I know are for the purpose of alerting an intruder. These include stringing the door so that opening cause the light to turn on, or opening the door triggers a measuring tape to recoil.
I also know how to wire a doorknob to deliver a minor electric shock to any potential intruders.

I don't have a manual or anything, I have to concoct one using various implements in my room. It always helps to have a full toolbox however.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

I also know how to wire a doorknob to deliver a minor electric shock to any potential intruders.
Yeah, the battery and foil. My uncle used to do that one all the time. :P

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #53
Our school had carpeted floors that really built up static when you walked over them on dry summer days. I got zapped by a door handle so hard once that my finger kept hurting for several minutes.

From then on I made it a practice to keep contact with metal (railings, locker doors) while walking, at all times. Unfortunately, this eventually turned into a minor OCD problem.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

From then on I made it a practice to keep contact with metal (railings, locker doors) while walking, at all times.
It's a lot easier to jump into the air right before you touch something metal. This discharges any static that you may have built up.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #55
Now how strange do you think that would appear to fellow pupils. That might even earn you a nickname.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Our school had carpeted floors that really built up static when you walked over them on dry summer days. I got zapped by a door handle so hard once that my finger kept hurting for several minutes.

From then on I made it a practice to keep contact with metal (railings, locker doors) while walking, at all times. Unfortunately, this eventually turned into a minor OCD problem. So you could argue that minor electric shocks are really effective at getting you to do things, in a very Pavlovian way.

Whoa, the same thing happened to me. There's some very static-y chairs at school and Hebrew school. At first I'd touch the metal screws on them in order to get shocked, and then sit down safely. Now, I'm more skittish for some reason. My jacket's really bad, too, so I run my hand up my locker before putting it on the hook. I guess I've been a successful shock-absorber.

I'm starting to quit, though! Definitely!

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #57
Normally, I don't much mind static shocks. (In fact, I was one of those kids who slid down the plastic slide then ran to touch something metal immediately afterwards.) But I learned very quickly to be careful around my rug and chair whenever I had my headphones connected to my computer, because shocks to the inside of the ear are just unpleasant.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #58
The most powerful static shocks I have received are from trampolines.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #59
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

headphones connected to my computer, because shocks to the inside of the ear are just unpleasant.

Dikiyoba.

Side question about electromagnetism: Can a static discharge cause the speaker to make a noise?

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Normally, I don't much mind static shocks. (In fact, I was one of those kids who slid down the plastic slide then ran to touch something metal immediately afterwards.) But I learned very quickly to be careful around my rug and chair whenever I had my headphones connected to my computer, because shocks to the inside of the ear are just unpleasant.

Dikiyoba.

I remember you talking about the game. I thought there was a metal pole and kids flung themselves against it like amateur pole dancers.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #61
For some reason I keep getting static shocks while at work. Like all the damn time. I get so many shocks from the scanner that I literally fear touching it. I know it sounds childish, but after 20 it starts getting to you.

Pages