Babelfish Contest #2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Babelfish Contest #2
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
BABELFISH CONTEST #2
This is a contest to see who can get the most hillarious results from translating one phrase through Babelfish. You can translate as many times as you want and you can use whatever translation settings you want, but you cannot edit the output whatsoever at any point.

You don't have to post the output of Babelfish after every translation, but you do need to post the list of translations used in addition to your final result.

The phrase for this contest is:

"This novel is not to be tossed lightly aside, but to be hurled with great force."

(A quote from Dorothy Parker.)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
(english to dutch to french to greek to english)
This novel should not be thrown the light side, but talantey'etaj with the big force.

(continued)(english to spanish to french to italian to english)
This novel does not have be launch that that is lateral light, but talantey' etaj with the great force.

(continued again)(english to russian to english to portuguese to french to german to english)
This novel does not have to be the beginning, that side light will be, only talantey of etaj ' with the large effort.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #2
This novel is not to be tossed lightly aside, but to be hurled with great force.

To French

Ce roman ne doit pas être jeté légèrement de côté, mais être lancé en l'air avec la grande force.

To Italian

Questo romanzo non deve essere gettato leggermente di parte, ma essere lanciato nell'aria con la grande forza.

To French

Ce roman ne doit pas être jeté légèrement d'une partie, mais être lancé dans l'air avec la grande force.

To Dutch

Deze roman moet niet enigszins van een deel geworpen worden, maar in de lucht met de grote kracht gelanceerd worden.

To English

This novel must become of a part thrown not slightly, but in the air with large strength to be launched.

To Spanish

Esta novela debe pasar con una pieza lanzada no levemente, pero en el aire con la fuerza grande que se lanzará.

To French

Ce roman doit légèrement passer avec une pièce lancée non, mais dans l'air avec la grande force qui sera lancée.

To German

Dieser Roman muß leicht mit einem nicht eingeführten Stück übergehen, aber in der Luft mit der großen Kraft, die eingeführt wird.

To French

Ce roman doit passer facilement avec un morceau non introduit, toutefois dans l'air avec la grande force qui est introduite.

To Portuguese

Esta novela deve passar facilmente com um pedaço não introduzido, contudo no ar com a grande força que é introduzida.

To English

This novel must pass easily with a piece not introduced, however in air with the great force that is introduced.

To Spanish

Esta novela debe pasar fácilmente con un pedazo no introducido, no obstante en aire con la gran fuerza se introduce que.

To French

Ce roman doit cependant passer facilement avec un morceau non introduit, en air avec la grande force s'introduit que.

To Italian

Questo romanzo deve tuttavia passare facilmente con un pezzo non introdotto, in aria con la grande forza si introduce soltanto.

To English

This novel must however pass easy with a piece not introduced, in air with the great force is only introduced.

To Dutch

Deze roman moet nochtans gemakkelijk met een geïntroduceerd niet stuk overgaan, in lucht met de grote kracht slechts wordt geïntroduceerd.

To French

Ce roman ne doit pas passer pourtant facile avec une pièce introduite, dans l'air avec la grande force, il est introduit seulement.

To Portuguese

Esta novela não deve passar no entanto fácil com uma peça introduzida, no ar com a grande força, ele é introduzida apenas.

To French

Ce roman ne doit pas passer néanmoins facile avec une pièce introduite, dans l'air avec la grande force, il est introduit seulement.

To Spanish

Esta novela no debe pasar sin embargo fácil con una parte introducida, en el aire con la gran fuerza, él se introduce sino.

To English

This novel does not have to happen nevertheless easy with an introduced part, in the air with the great force, he is introduced but.

This is really difficult because my computer won't do Japanese, Korean, Greek, or Chinese.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
"This novel is not to be tossed lightly aside, but to be hurled with great force."

English -> Italian -> French -> Dutch -> English -> Korean -> English -> Chinese Trad. -> English -> Chinese Simp. -> English -> Japanese -> English -> Spanish -> French -> English -> Korean -> English -> Japanese -> English

"You respect that, you do not retreat the novel because there is firing which is hard. In order to dry, you spread, but strong power, intelligence so supplements."

(Divided it into two sentences myself, because otherwise it wasn't as funny)

Also:

"Neighbor this novel not slightly diligently is thrown in the symbol by the tremendous strength, but throws."

Is the stable Traditional Chinese translation. It makes no sense.

EDIT: Hey, Shard! If you copy the question marks (or whatever your computer reads it as), it'll still do the translation. Worked for me, anyway.

[ Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:08: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
This new side is little, but compilation inside or you do not throw the effort which is thrown by the power which is that enormous.

Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese in that order (back each time).

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #5
It doesn't give me question marks. It eliminates all the words and leaves the punctuation. I'm sure that " , ." would translate to something very similar in English.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #6
Englis->trad Chinese; simp Chinese->English; English->simp Chinese; trad Chinese->English; En->Dutch; German->French; Dutch->French; to Greek; to English.

"; He is small? If microphone is has been thrown?? dances?? but the volume throws reddition the utilisation gj'nontas the force enormous??."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #7
Nocha when force n expends it to Velikayaa it reveals, was there installation where motion talantey'etaj novel.

Dutch, French, Greek, English, Japanese, English, Russian, English, Korean, English, Japanese, English, Dutch, English, Russian, English.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #8
English>Chinese simple>English>Korean>English>Greek>English>Japanese>English
This new side is little, but compilation inside or you do not throw the effort which is thrown by the power which is that enormous

English>Greek>French>Portuguese>
This novel does not certainly go to be launched slightly on the part, but for eksfendonjstej ' with the great force.

Just for the heck of it...

BabelFish doesn't like old English very much.

quote:
And certes, if it nere to long to heere,
I wolde have toold yow fully the manere
How wonnen was the regne of Femenye
By Theseus, and by his chivalrye,
To Korean and back

quote:
And the wonnen it peeled and as to it the heere, the neretoold the yow being sufficient for a long time in the Iwolde, when the manere it was, the certes was the regne of the Femenye in the Theseus and his chivalrye side,

--------------------
"On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and the tossing of the sea" Luke 21:25
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
English => German => English => Dutch => French => English => German => English => Dutch => French => English

"This novel of with dimensions the simple due one, but it is thrown with the great force which is yellowed for."

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #10
I decided to do this again.
(english to chinese-trad to english to chinese-simp to english to spanish to french to german to english to japanese to english to italian to french to dutch to english to...)
This novel becomes the side, not in the implementation of the champion an attack commits easily of enormous capacitance introduced.

(...to greek to french to german to french to spanish to english to...)
This novel does not become the aspect to the application of the pioneer who an attack of the enormous capacity that is introduced begins easily.

(...to dutch to french to english to korean to english)
This novel the start which it introduces to be easy in attack of the accommodating quantity which is enormous is not the aspect in application of the frontier.

[ Sunday, November 11, 2007 15:10: Message edited by: The Iffy Muffin who...does stuff... ]

--------------------
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #11
En-Du;Du-Fr;Fr-Po;Sp-Fr;Po-En;Fr-Du;En-Ge;Du-En;En-Fr;Ge-Fr;Fr-Sp;Sp-En.

This cousin of Roman hat that is great of express of place by ausgestossenes, and floated OF WITH has the FORCE.

Gotta love Babelfish. :)
May the FORCE be floating with you.

Another one:
En-Du;En-Chi(simp);Fr-Gr;Du-Fr;En-Du;Sp-Fr;Du-En;Fr-It;Po-En;Fr-En;It-En;Ge-En;Fr-En
Emergency of increases JUST the your share 2nd thrown, mais???grote strength OF oscillated Ce??moet 2nd?

[ Sunday, November 11, 2007 20:16: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #12
This reminds me of the "roving mirror moiety" thing.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #13
Eng -> Fra -> Hel
(-> En:
This novel should not be thrown few cttj, but be thrown in air with the big force.)
-> Fra -> Ned -> Eng
(The this novel does not have become little of cttj thrown, but to the air to large strength to be thrown.)
-> Po-r -> Eng
(This novel not was few cttj of that be casten, but to air to the large strength, it was which necessary to throw.)

-> (Ned-)Fra
(This novel not a été few cttj ou that be casten, but to airs to the large strength, it ont été which necessary to throw.)
-> Eng
(This novel not was few cttj or that Be casten, broad goal to airs to the strength, it were which necessary to throw.)
-> Nip -> (Zh(trad)-)Eng
(こ の small □は few □の cttj で な い か ま た は strong さ, そ れ に casten, □い the goal 乾燥 す る throws げ る の に か ど の is essential だ っ た あ る.)
-> (Nip-)Eng
(It is dense, as for the small □it is with cttj of the few □and the ま is strong, casten and the □it is in the そ れ and the goal the っ which is essential of the ど it is to る throws げ る drying the あ る.)

-> Nip -> Eng
(That is small? In regard to it small amount? There is with cttj of and, it is dense? Strong it to be, casten? Is there it? ? And object? Either one is necessary? Is there that range? Pitch? ? Drying? ?)
-> Ned -> (Eng-)Cho -> Eng
(The Dat is the klein? WatbetreftXXkleinbedrag? By the Daar 10001 Un inside the cttj v will be the dicht and it will snap off and? Sterk XXomtezijn casten? ZijnceeXX? ? Envoorwerp? 3E3env Inside b U the d U man is the noodzakelijk? Does the ceedat happen gamma? Hoogte? ? Hetdrogen? ?)

-> (Deu-)Eng
(The Dat is the small? WatbetreftXXkleinbedrag? By the Daar 10001 Un inside the cttj v wants the closely and it wants snap off and? Sterk XXomtezijn casten? ZijnceeXX? ? Envoorwerp? 3E3env Inside b U the D U one is the noodzakelijk? Does the ceedat happen gamma? Hoogte? ? Hetdrogen? ?)

-> (Ned-)Eng

The that are the small? WatbetreftXXkleinbedrag? By the 10001 Un inside the cttj v wants the closely and it wants get off and there? Strong XXomtezijn casten? ZijnceeXX? ? Envoorwerp? 3E3env Inside b you the d you one are the necessary? Does the ceedat bite range? Altitude? ? Hetdrogen? ?

--Parker ド ロ シ □
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #14
English -> Greek -> French -> English

The this novel certainly will not be launched slightly by part, but for eksfendonjstej' with the great force.

-> German -> English -> Korean -> English

This novel by a portion, in but strong force the eksfendonjstej hazard it is positive and as the silent guy ' it does not output

-> Greek -> English -> French -> Italian -> English

This novel of a part, but a powerful force eksfendonjstej of the danger the this is positive and from the calm pressure "that no production"

-> Russian -> English -> Portuguese -> French -> English

This novel of the part, but the vliyatel' nya of eksfendonjstej of the force of the danger this is positive calm pressure "that the absence of the production"

I do wonder what the vliyatel' nya of the eksfendonjstej is, and what is has to do with positive calm pressure.
I'll have to do this again.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin had me this to Dutch and the back translates different keren, and what you read the result is. Foolish Sicarius.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #15
Just because this is so fun, I'm going to do some more:

Ge-Fr;En-Ko;Ko-En;En-Po;Fr-En;Po-Fr;Ge-Fr;Fr-Gr;Gr-En;Du-En;Fr-En;En-Chi(Trad);Chi(Trad)-En

Throws gold this novel and from barrel gold G, urgently has vronta cttj and the investment little and so on forces enterprise Madame gymnooys for the drill S farmhouse play

That good 'ol farmhouse play, eh?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
I wonder, if you translate "NOOO!" to Japanese and back, do you get "Do not want!"?

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #17
I tried translating my original PDN (Infernal Flamming Muffin) to Dutch and I go an error report. And I did that with Chinese-trad and got 地獄Flamming 鬆餅. This time I will remove the excess "m". And Chinese-trad and back makes it Hell flaming muffin.

And interestingly enough, Korean and back makes it "Hell other it rises, me the pin".

--------------------
I like this image
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #18
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
I wonder, if you translate "NOOO!" to Japanese and back, do you get "Do not want!"?
No, but you do get "Calling obtaining!"

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I think it was Cantonese originally, actually.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
No, but you do get "Calling obtaining!"

Dikiyoba.

I did this and posted that I did; where'd it go???

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
Do not question the UBB. The UBB has you. If the UBB does not want it to happen, it has never happened.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #22

English -> Korean -> English -> Korean -> English -> French -> Portuguese -> French -> German -> English

This novel puts side and the money it jorros and launches slightly and left him, but information of force of thing of company of interior.

-> Korean -> English -> Japanese -> English -> Chinese (simp) -> English

This is the information and inside the money makes jorros to be possible, nearly does not have the release this novel and side left side, to nearly does not have company's matter strength.

-> Greek -> French -> German -> French -> Italian -> English

These are the information, and in the earned money jorros, so that they are possible, nearly presquen ' nearly the liberation to this new one, and the secondary aspect the left does not have the force of topic of the enterprise.'

-> Korean -> English -> Japanese -> English -> Korean -> English -> My final submission:

Information where his depiction is possible this regarding the person item order, with inside emitting the new thing, it is quickly inside the jorros of the money of punishment n and in flag secondary aspect ' the left force intelligence ' last is presquen because of topic of the enterprise which is not.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is all only cord of this optional material that is done and like for that who is required.
Season 3 that speaks slap, you to that has gone because we shave contents of under your side in the middle of of your sleep in order what is carried, and must with him start 1 will you make wrong now with the fact to harvest dancing.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Apprentice
Member # 6763
Profile #23
I'd be interested in the reverse challenge: People post utterly bizarre "translations" and perhaps a hint of the original statement's origin, and challenge others to decode...

--------------------
--This space for rent--
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #24
I think Muffin's PDN is best, even though that wasn't the criteria of the contest.

--------------------
"On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and the tossing of the sea" Luke 21:25

Pages