Babelfish Contest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Babelfish Contest
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
As per Alorael: this is a contest to see who can get the most hillarious results from translating one phrase through Babelfish. You can translate as many times as you want and you can use whatever translation settings you want, but you cannot edit the output whatsoever at any point. You will need to post the translation chain you used in addition to your final result.

(Yes, you must use Babelfish, not a Google app.)

The phrase for this contest is:

"Welcome to the Spiderweb Software message boards. Leave your sanity at the door."

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #1
Welcome to the Spiderweb Software message boards. Leave your sanity at the door.

To German

Willkommen zu den Spiderweb Software-Anzeige Brettern. Lassen Sie Ihre Vernunft an der Tür.

To English

Welcomely to the mirror-image the Web software announcement boards. Leave your reason at the door.

To Dutch

Welcomely aan het spiegel-beeld de raad van de de softwareaankondiging van het Web. Verlaat uw reden bij de deur.

To English

Welcomely to the spiegel-beeld the Council of the software notice of the web. Your reason leaves at the door.

To Italian

Welcomely allo spiegel-beeld Consiglio dell'avviso del software del fotoricettore. I vostri fogli di motivo al portello.

To English

Welcomely to spiegel-beeld the Council of the warning of the software of the fotoricettore. Your sheets of reason to the hatch.

To German

Welcomely zum spiegel-beeld der Rat der Warnung der Software des fotoricettore. Ihre Blätter des Grundes zur Luke.

To English

Welcomely to mirror beeld the advice of the warning of the software fotoricettore. Their sheets of the reason to the hatch.

OoC:
Since I periodically went back to English, can I be judged on each English result?

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Spiderweb Software

mirror-image the Web software
What kind of translator did you use for that, and why does it suck so badly?

quote:
Their sheets of the reason to the hatch.
We need to make this a meme. Come on.

[ Saturday, November 10, 2007 08:46: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Read the topic title again, Arancaytar. :P

Dikiyoba's entry is: "the net of the declaration of middles to the program greets the switches to the image of the mirror. It transmits your reason to the hatch." (Translation chain: English-German-English-German-English-Russian-English-Russian-English-Italian-English)

Edit: Fixed quote.

[ Saturday, November 10, 2007 08:55: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #4
Welcome to the Spiderweb Software message boards. Leave your sanity at the door.
-English > Dutch
Onthaal aan de het berichtraad van de Software Spiderweb. Verlaat uw sanity bij de deur.
-Dutch > French
L'accueil au conseil de message du logiciel Spiderweb. Votre si sanity quitte lors de la porte.
-French > German
Der Empfang im Rat der Mitteilung der Spiderweb-Software. Ihr, wenn sanity bei der Tür verläßt.
-German > English
The receipt in the advice of the report of the mirror-image the Web software. You, if sanity with the door leaves.
-English > Italian
La ricevuta nel consiglio del rapporto dell'specchio-immagine il software di fotoricettore. Voi, se il sanity con il portello va.
-Italian > French
La reçu dans je conseille du rapport de la miroir- image le software de fotoricettore. Vous, si le sanity avec le portillon va.
-French > Portugese
Passar recibo em aconselho do relatório do espelho - imagem o "software" de fotoricettore. Vocês, se o sanity com portillon vai.
-Portugese > English
To pass receipt in I advise of the report of the mirror - image the "software" of fotoricettore. Vocês, if sanity with portillon goes.
-English > Spanish
Para pasar el recibo adentro que aconsejo del informe del espejo - imagen el "software" del fotoricettore. Vocês, si va la cordura con el portillon.
-Spanish > French
Pour passer le reçu à l'intérieur que je conseille du rapport du miroir - image le "software" du fotoricettore. Vocês, si va la cordura avec le portillon.
-French > Dutch
Om het afgiftebewijs voorbij te gaan binnen dat ik van het verslag van de spiegel - beeld "de software" van fotoricettore adviseer. Vocês, als het cordura met het deurtje gaat.
-Dutch > English
The receipt beyond to go within that I of the report of the mirror - picture recommends "the software" of fotoricettore. Vocês, if the cordura with the wicket go.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

[QB]Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Read the topic title again, Arancaytar. :P
I use the word "Babelfish" in the way some use the word "to google". ;)

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
Read the first post again, Aran ;)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
but im iletterite ur just nut fare :(

(Translation: duh)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #8
Oddly enough, my translation results are different than Arancaytar's. :confused:

English to Korean
Spiderweb소프트웨어 전보국에 환영. 문에 너의 온건함을 남겨두십시요.

Korean back into English
Spiderweb in software telegram country illusion. You it is moderate in the door let to leave.

----------------
English to Portuguese
Boa vinda às placas da mensagem do software de Spiderweb. Deixe seu sanity na porta.

Portuguese to French
Boa.vinda aux plaques du message du logiciel de Spiderweb. Laisse sa sanity dans la porte.

French to English
Boa.vinda with the plates of the message of the software of Spiderweb. Leave its sanity in the door.
-------------
English to Spanish
Recepción a los tableros del mensaje del software de Spiderweb. Deje su cordura en la puerta.

Spanish to French
Réception aux panneaux du message du software de Spiderweb. Laissez son cordura dans la porte.

French to Greek
Υποδοχή στις πηνακίδες του μηνύματος του λογισμικού Spiderweb. Αφήστε του μέσα στην πόρτα.

Greek back into French
Accueil à pinakj'des du message du Spiderweb informatique. Laissez son dans la porte.

French to German
Inakj'empfang Informatikmitteilung Spiderweb. Lassen Sie sein in der Tür.

German to English
Inakj'empfang report of computer science mirror-image the Web. Let be in the door.

--------------------
"On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and the tossing of the sea" Luke 21:25
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #9
English->Russian->English

Good to grant to the boards of the communication of the means of programming Spiderweb. Leave your sanity to the door.

Is good in order to give to the boards of the communication of middles to program Spiderweb. Transmit your sanity to the door.

English->Portuguese->English

The end is good for giving to the plates of the communication of middles to the Spiderweb program. Sanity to the door transmits its.

English->Portuguese->English

The extremity is good to give to the plates of the communication of middles to the program of Spiderweb. Sanity to the door transmits its.

English->German->English

The extremity is good to give to the plates of communication of middles to the program from mirror-image the Web to. Reason to the door transfers its.

English->French->Portuguese->Spanish->French->Dutch->
French->Greek->French->German->English

The end is that desirable, the plates of a report of middles to the program espelho imagem of the zone to give has A. the cause at the door it to be conveyed.

End the desirable, the plate of report middles to imagem espelho program of zone, is which necessary to give it has A reason on the door it, it is which necessary to transport.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #10
quote:
"Welcome to the Spiderweb Software message boards. Leave your sanity at the door."
->Dutch->French->Greek->English->Korean->English->Russian->English->French->Italian->English
quote:
Inside is the conference of the computer of Spiderweb Eung of boletus of communication. It must possess -.selfe-indulgent within that I inner moderately eat the smysl ' of the worries of the passage in yours if.'
I like how it added the word "eat"

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Oddly enough, my translation results are different than Arancaytar's. :confused:

You used a different order - I started with Chinese, you with Korean. In a chaotic system, even the tiniest starting parameters lead to a vast difference in results.

... mh, while fully deterministic...

We have a really expensive hashing algorithm!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #12
English -> simplified Chinese -> English -> Russian -> English -> Russian -> English -> Italian -> French -> Dutch -> English -> Japanese -> English -> Portuguese -> French -> Spanish -> English -> Greek -> French -> English.

"This one with the Spiderweb flexibility of the program is good with the book with accomodated middles. When this stroboscope which it is decreased clearly you are Mister."

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Apprentice
Member # 11267
Profile #13
Here goes nothing...

english to german
german to french
french to spanish
spanish to english
This english translation:
Welcome to the Spiderweb announces computer science program the panels leave its reason to the door.
english to dutch
dutch to french
french to italian
italian to english
This English translation:
The acceptance to Spiderweb the program of science of computer to the panels is the reason to the free door.
english to russian
russian to english
this english translation:
Adoption to Spiderweb the program of the science of computer to the panels will be reason to freely the door.
english to japanese
japanese to english
The adoption to Spiderweb to the door the program reason of science of the computer to the panel is free.
english to italian
italian to french
french to spanish
spanish to french
french to portuguese
portuguese to english
The approval to the Spiderweb to the breach I justify of program of the science of calculating to the panel me is free.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #14
Illusion strikes the thunder of the news of committee the of logichiyel Of spidersheb. Your it in is to the extent of Latvian permission of strobe.

Unless I forgot to record a step, that was:
German->French
Italian->English
French->English
English->Korean
Korean->English
English->Chinese trad
Chinese trad->English
Dutch->French
French->Greek
Greek->English
English->Russian
Russian->English
French->English

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
English to Korean back to English:
"Spiderweb in software telegram country illusion. You it is moderate in the door let to leave."
Repeat:
"Inside software telegram country illusion Spiderweb. It spread out and in order to leave it was moderate in it sending kind regards and it made."
Repeat:
"Internal software telegram country illusion Spiderweb. It spreaded out at the outside and that it lets to leave it, it made inside it it sends the relationship which is kind under moderateness."
Repeat:
"Inside software telegram country illusion Spiderweb. It in order outside it to let to leave spreaded it, at the outside that it makes made on it internal which sends the relationship which is kind to the lower part of the moderateness."
Repeat:
"Internal software telegram country illusion Spiderweb. Above it inside order it spreaded it, on the inside made to it it sends the relationship which is kind to the lower part of the moderateness it will make in order to leave outside it made."
(Side note: It seems that English->Korean->English never becomes stable... at least not as far as I went)
English to Portugese to English:
"Internal Illusion Spiderweb of the country of the telegram of software. Above of it the order of the interior it spreaded, in the done interior it who emits the relationship that is amiable to the part most inferior of moderateness will make the end to leave except d fêz"
And lastly... English to German to French to Greek to English:
"The delusion Spiderweb places under restriction of country of telegram of software. In spreaded the order of Innerens this, means internal realised that radiate his relations, partly s friendly is that is the most inferior fait moderateness, end d fkz of going exceptionally."

(wonders what fkz is)

[ Saturday, November 10, 2007 16:26: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #16
I knew you guys would make me look bad at this. Holy cow.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally written by the Dashboard translator:
Please leave behind your brains clearly in the gate.

[ Saturday, November 10, 2007 18:51: Message edited by: Shard of Fire ]

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
(Side note: It seems that English->Korean->English never becomes stable... at least not as far as I went)
It probably would have eventually. It took nine translations, but English->Japanese->English finally stabilized for me. But the ending few weren't quite as funny as some of the earlier ones, so meh.

English->Spanish->English->French->English->Spanish->French->English->Russian->English->French->Spanish->English->5*(Japanese->English)

"Spiderweb method of the panel of the average communication which is programmed. Alcoholic characteristic uniqueness being unique in the door, leave the unique health."

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Lassen Sie sein

Let be
So close!

Hey, we should have another contest. Start with a random phrase and see how many hops it takes to get a Beatle song title.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #19
I think I can soundly award the first place prize to Dikiyoba's entry:

"the net of the declaration of middles to the program greets the switches to the image of the mirror. It transmits your reason to the hatch."

English-German-English-German-English-Russian-English-Russian-English-Italian-English

Admittedly, the second sentence in the phrase is probably most responsible for this win. Congratulations Dikiyoba!

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Does Dikiyoba get a prize? :P

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #21
From English => Dutch => English => French => Greek => English

And this is the result: Onthaal Spiderweb. . (which is actually completely Dutch and means "Welcome Spiderweb". For some reason it erased just about all of the sentence when I translatend from French to Greek...

EDIT: Oh, too late for the contest. Oh well, it was still sort of nice to do it.

[ Sunday, November 11, 2007 08:22: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #22
By Aran
quote:
Hey, we should have another contest. Start with a random phrase and see how many hops it takes to get a Beatle song title.
If only there were a Norwegian translator.

--------------------
"On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and the tossing of the sea" Luke 21:25
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
It probably would have eventually. It took nine translations, but English->Japanese->English finally stabilized for me. But the ending few weren't quite as funny as some of the earlier ones, so meh.

I guess how long it takes to stabilize depends on the quality of the translator. Their Russian translations are particularly bad, managing to butcher every phrase I put in, no matter how simple. So the English->Russian->English loop never stabilized, but eventually began to flip between the same pair of results:

It in best road in the pliability of order to connection middles dosk programs Spiderweb. Transmit your sanity to the door.

and:

It in best road in the pliability of order to dosk middles connection programs Spiderweb. Transmit your sanity to the door.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

"This one with the Spiderweb flexibility of the program is good with the book with accomodated middles. When this stroboscope which it is decreased clearly you are Mister."

Truer words have never been spoken.

Pages