Pets

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Pets
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #25
My parents have two cats, one named Black Cat and the other named Orange Cat. Orange Cat was my cat when I lived with them. They also have a dog, Patches.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
Interestingly (although unsurprisingly) it seems a significant portion of the pets people here have owned have since passed on.

How does everyone else here handle living with and losing (possibly repeatedly, if they have several pets) a creature with a much shorter lifespan?

[ Wednesday, August 15, 2007 22:34: Message edited by: root ]

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by root:

How does everyone else here handle living with and losing (possibly repeatedly, if they have several pets) a creature with a much shorter lifespan?
Well, my parents are both in their 60s and not in the best of health, so I figure pets make for good practice at coping with loss.

[ Wednesday, August 15, 2007 23:14: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #28
I hava a dog, a black Lapland's shepherd with white underbelly and golden legs. It also has reddish-brown mane and eyeglass markings around it's eyes. We named it Piki, but I more often call a dog, a wolf or simply an idiot. It's lazy when it should be active and active when I'm trying to sleep. Should've spent more attention to training it when it was young. Nowadays it's five or six years old. It's cuddly and relatively well-behaving, and generally nice to have around. Makes the best pillow in the world, at least until it gets bored and decides to walk away.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #29
quote:
He was 17. He, like so many aged felines, succumbed to a sudden onset of renal failure. He was happy and healthy up till it hit, and it took all of 3 days for him to pass on peacefully. He just became very tired and weak and couldn't move at all the last day. He lived a good life. I miss him.

I think all cats would like that. A full belly and a warm place before they go to sleep...

This reminds me of how on of my relatives' had two cats. One of the died recently. The cat was a pretty orange, and nice to pet. But, she was old. And it was her time. The other cat really missis her.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #30
Fish. Not mine though, I ignore them every time of the day. I only feel very briefly sorry for them whenever I happen to accidentally knock the glass with my hand, or my bag, or my hip... There's not really that much room to pass, and sometimes I don't quite make past it peacefully.

And we used to have a dog. At least twice I dressed it up. We couldn't afford to keep him anymore, so he got sold away at five years old. I was around.. 10? I forget, but years ago anyway. We also didn't train him particularly well.
But man, he was a sweet dog. :\

--------------------
Pannaan kaikki hippulat vinkumaan! ^_^

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #31
Five cats. Muffins, who thinks she's the boss, Phebe, who thinks she's the boss, Sonja, who think's she's the boss, Kira, who thinks she's the Queen, and Mica, who runs around the house like a crazy thing.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Sanity" available at
http://cdbaby.com/cd/arianamorrow
and
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=257479700

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #32
The power struggles in the house of Nicothodes must be ferocious to behold. That even includes the pets.

To the family of Kelandon...highly, well, utilitarian if not overly creative names. That said, though my cat's name was Baghira, I mostly called him "silly boy."

Andraste - your kitty looks like something straight out of the jungle with those stripes. Way cool cat.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #33
quote:
Five cats. Muffins, who thinks she's the boss, Phebe, who thinks she's the boss, Sonja, who think's she's the boss, Kira, who thinks she's the Queen, and Mica, who runs around the house like a crazy thing.
Oh my...

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #34
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Unfortunately, I've had to handle losing two classmates two years ago and the possibility of losing a distant friend this spring. The inevitability of losing an old dog or any other pet just doesn't compare to that.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #35
Wow, that's rough Diki.

Personally, the death of Maggie was the first real loss of life I was old enough to understand. It was devastating, but she lived a good life, eleven years old.

--------------------
i dont ned noo steenking signachur.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #36
When my dog died 2 weeks short of being 13 years old. At the the time I was 16 and I had that dog since I was 4. His loss hit me hard.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #37
I agree with Dikiyoba.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #38
I'll make a pair of gloves out of my dog once it dies.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #39
Though I agree with Dikiyoba and Ephesos, losing a pet which I literally grew up with can make me just as said. My cat died two years ago. He was there when I was born, I was at school when he died. He was one of the dumbest animals in Holland. He probably didn't even have real cat instincts and thought he was a human, as he mostly saw only humans. He didn't chase mice, only panicked and cried when we wanted him to climb a tree, so as a cat he was worthless, but as a friend he was the best: never scratches, only bitten somebody once in his entire life. And for the rest he wanted love, and when you gave it, he rewarded you with some of his own love-giving.

Yes, the house feels empty when I come back from vacation: i don't hear his steps and meowing when we open the door and I don't feel his soft fur.

This probably sounds very melodramatic.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!

Pages