Being Errorized!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Being Errorized!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

Najosz: Seconded. It's nice to see I'm not the only one here thinking that the humor here is particularly bad, or even non-existant (or my sense of humor is so radically different from the rest of the community's, that I either can't identify it, don't get it, or simply don't think it's funny). [/QB]
Chicken gods. :rolleyes:

And Najosz is Alec, in case you didn't remember.

--------------------
It's only an eye, my lord.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #51
quote:
Originally written by Calphrexo:

Ah, thanks. I had missed that particular memo.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #52
quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:

Well, Nalyd, who has never seen a Foamy the Squirrel cartoon
Milady doth protest too much.

quote:
You can still hate him for it if you want.
Well, didn't someone become incredibly important in a huge hurry.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Ideas are not the limiting factor in episode production. Time and motivation are. And you can't give me more time or give me more motivation, so please stop talking about it. I know you and Nalyd really want to see Episode 4, but I'm afraid that's just not going to happen.

Oh, and Nikki, what's the point of changing your PDN if you never post for people to see it, you sorry excuse for a cucumber? :P

Dikiyoba.

Please make it clearer you're not angling for beefcake, Diki. :(
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:

Well, Nalyd, who has never seen a Foamy the Squirrel cartoon...
Philistine.

--------------------
You are sleeping, you do not want to believe...

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #55
quote:

What's wrong with chicken gods?

And it's not a case of not remebering, just not knowing that Alec is Najosz.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #56
The boards are acting up again. Hopefully purging the RWG forum and the SubTerra forum will get the constant errors over with.

--------------------
Born in the year 1984.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by Najosz Thjsza Kjras:

quote:
Originally written by jg.faust:

Also, Nalyd and IFM are kind of funny.
I do find it kind of amusing that the average age of the board is steadily climbing and yet the average post just keeps on getting dumber and dumber.

It's amusing in the way that, say, Halliburton actually getting away with what they do is amusing.

This is part of why I don't like SW. I have a highly active sense of humor and apparently have some of the sharpest comic timing a lot of people have seen, but what I do is actually absurdist instead of "random" - which is to say, not nice big fat softballs lobbed at single-digit speeds, i.e. 'jokes' everyone's already heard twelve times and which don't actually bother to take a swing at anything.

So I have a choice to make. I can go for broke and get banned. I'd piss a lot of humorless people off, but I never cared much about them. I can join the rocket-tard brigade and knee-slappingly quote Foamy cartoons or whatever the hell passes for 'quirky' nowadays - no.

The only thing that leaves me, and the choice I wind up taking most of the time, is to swat you people down as hard and as mean as I possibly can. The hope is that if I do it for long enough, some of you might learn and become productive members of society.

Start joking, god damn it! Quit with the freaking references and grow a God-damn sense of humor! I'm too young to be a cranky old man and it's only a matter of time before I have to go with #1 and go out in a TM-style blaze of glory.

"The one who seeks shall always find."

The couple of Foamy fans had been banned pretty quickly, as was everybody else who had exhibited the same level of noobishness. So the fact that those kids represent Spidweb boards for you says far more about your expectations than about the boards themselves.

Our current generation of 13-year olds is acting no worse than the 13-year olds of five years ago did back then. The only difference is that some of those who were 13 back then are now horrified at that behavior and think that "We were never this bad. What's up with the youth these days?!"

PS On a related note:
quote:

quote:

What's wrong with chicken gods?

The thing wrong with chicken gods is the same thing that is wrong with Demon Muffins, hordes of undead followers, and other such gimmicks. The amusement value of these things, if there was any to begin with, is lost long before the gimmick user realizes it. So as the person who was putting references to chicken gods into every other post long after they've stopped being funny, you really shouldn't feel superior to those who do the same thing with references to Demon Muffins.

[ Monday, June 18, 2007 15:55: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #58
Why are you talking about demon muffins?
They were erraticated several centuries ago.

All that is left of the evil muffin horde is the constant repawning muffins.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

I will kill whoever sings "the muffin man". The song is total bull.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #59
You know what? It may not be true for everyone, but many people weren't that bad at thirteen. They may have improved with age, but they weren't as bad as some are to begin with. Most of the 20-ish Spidweb oldbies fall into that category, really. And to be fair, there are plenty of very youngsters around now who don't act like the stereotypical 13 year old blight upon the internet.

And that is why I generally don't like to talk about age online when it's not relevant, and in fact why I'm not so keen on it even when it is relevant. Judge people by actions, not age. Age is neither a good excuse nor an achievement.

—Alorael, who will candidly admit to being exactly what Alec loathes. As an insider he really can't tell what's so objectionable about fuzzy, cuddly, cloying, saccharine humor and what makes acidity so wonderful in comparison. Originality is always nice, but you don't have to make someone cry to be original. (Maybe people should grow thicker eSkin, but that's another problem.)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #60
Zeviz: To be honest, chickens are still something my friends can laugh about, right from the start. That means approximately 4 years. The fact that you don't think it's funny, well...

I'm afraid you don't put reference to the right sort of joke, too, Zeviz. I'm not referring to things like "demon muffins" (I always sort of liked those, purely because it's so absurd and harmless), but, for example, to Thuryl's never ending puns.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #61
Thralni, I'm with Zeviz on this. Why has your sense of humor fixated on poultry? :confused:

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by jg.faust:

Thralni, I'm with Zeviz on this. Why has your sense of humor fixated on poultry? :confused:
What a grand example of you not knowing me. Come to know me first, before you start making such statements.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #63
Just because your friends laugh at chicken jokes doesn't mean that spidweb fans around the world will too. Tailor the humor to the audience.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #64
Also, consider how much time you spend where. Your friends see many sides of you, and the amount of time they spend listening to chicken/muffin/undead/whatever jokes is a tiny fraction of their time with you. Here, that fraction may be larger, conveying an impression you may not realize.

And the impression can last longer than you realize, too. I don't think Thralni has actually posted much about chickens or their gods for a long time; most of his posts seem to be serious ones about BoA. But a lot of people here still think of him as chicken-obsessed.

The point is that no-one ever comes to know anyone else on a message board; we only see whatever comes across in posts. As far as the boards are concerned, we are our posts. It's worth bearing this in mind. For one thing, if you don't make people write you off by overdoing some schtick, there's a better chance they'll play along with your other gags, which can be fun.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #65
"Just because your friends laugh at chicken jokes doesn't mean that spidweb fans around the world will too. Tailor the humor to the audience."

Which I did, didn't I? I haven't made a joke around here for quite some time, as Student of Trinity pointed out already. I can't really remember the last time I posted about it.

Look, you really don't have to start lecturing me about being funny. I know it's probably meant in a positive way, but right now, you are acting like my parents: they, too, are constantly telling me things I already know. I think I know well enough how people think of me in certain places. It would be hypocritical to say I don't do it, as I, of course, too, have very unrealistic images of people that make me like them or hate them. However saying that all of my humor is fixated on poultry is ludicrous.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 4638
Profile #66
This is a great argument. Poultry is always funny.

This is what I love about this forum. You can be self-righteous and obnoxious and nobody can really stand in your way.

Demon muffins, how great.

-I hope I get lectured by someone as if they are my mom.

--------------------
You are asleep.
Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
So it goes.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #67
Three pages, and the conversation still fits the topic.

--------------------
WWtNSD?

Synergy - "I don't get it."
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #68
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Sarcasmon:

Three pages, and the conversation still fits the topic.
Now that's irony.

EDIT: Chickens can be quite funny.
EDIT2: My Copyright ethics shoulder angel says that I need to cite that excerpt. It's from Frank Peretti's "A man, a microphone, and a chair."

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has been kind enough to put my office back together for me.
Witholding the shed keys does wonders. I should do it more often.

[ Wednesday, June 20, 2007 08:26: Message edited by: Lenar ]

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #69
quote:

Look, you really don't have to start lecturing me about being funny.

Actually, the point of my post was not to lecture you on being funny, but to show you the hypocricy of your agreement with Alec when he said that:
quote:
I do find it kind of amusing that the average age of the board is steadily climbing and yet the average post just keeps on getting dumber and dumber.
This is part of why I don't like SW. I have a highly active sense of humor and apparently have some of the sharpest comic timing a lot of people have seen, but what I do is actually absurdist instead of "random" - which is to say, not nice big fat softballs lobbed at single-digit speeds, i.e. 'jokes' everyone's already heard twelve times and which don't actually bother to take a swing at anything.
If you want to call everybody here an immature idiot, be ready for people to return the favor.

As the saying goes, people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #70
Zeviz: I agreed with Zeviz on the humor part, nothing else. I also didn't specifically state that I agreed with anything other than the humor bit. Also, the lecturing complaint was actually meant more for Student of Trinity than it was meant for you, Zeviz...

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #71
There is that "Internal Error" thing again.
It was bugging the hell out of me when I tryed to edit one post.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

I heard a man sing "The Muffin Man" one day. He got to see the light.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #72
If you get one error, refresh the page. If you get two errors, try another thread and come back to the one that gave you the error later. If you get a bunch of errors, close out of Spiderweb entirely and come back later. Pretty simple, and much less frustrating.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #73
(topic revive)

Another good one, from my second-to-last day of work. And now (today), I'm done. Yay!

IMAGE(http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v104/5/52/3110035/n3110035_31880869_4294.jpg)

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #74
Heh. I'd submit that to Worse Than Failure, if I were you.

--------------------
If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use your body to get to the top! You can't stop me no matter who you are!

Pages