To Relieve my lack of info....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: To Relieve my lack of info....
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #0
....A few qustions. Now this forum is one of the most random weird and wacky I've ever come across so I think I need some info from a RELIABLE INFO to truly understand this.

So....

1: Who is Ed and why is there no reliable info on him?

2: Why is the name "Arrghhhhh" so often mentioned and who is he?

3: Why was TM banned and why are there so many locked topics about him?

4: Whats this "cult" I keep hearing about and why is everyone so idiotic about it?

5: What happened to Richard White (I mean what happened to him in real life)

6: Whats this about swiss bank-accounts?

7: Just why is this place s weird anyway?

Forgive me, I come from the egosoft forums were topics and posts ive seen here would be erased on sight and the starters banned instantly and permanantly in all liklyhood.

I'd like to say I'd like these qustions answered with as little foolishness as possible but I wont as its going to happen anyway.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:18: Message edited by: Nija_Halycron ]

--------------------
The force is with ME! I'm not so sure about YOU!

Never trust a man who can say "Pickles" with a manic gleam in his eye.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
1) Ed came to these boards and was an idiot for a while, so he was banned. Then he came back, and was banned again. Then he... repeat a few times over the past year.

2) Aaargh came to these boards and was an idiot for a while, so he was banned too. However, he must be credited with not returning.

3) The history of TM's relationship with the Spiderweb forums is a long and sordid tale. He was banned numerous times; most recently by Jeff for a real trivial profanity.

4) Which cult? The Cult of Dikiyoba or the Cult of Richard White? If it's the latter... I have no idea why people are such damn fools about some joke religion. If it's the former... it's not idiotic, heretic, prepare for the terrible divine justice of the Great one!

5) He made Galactic Core and was not heard from again. They say that the game Sucked so badly that it sucked him out of the regular timestream and gave him the power to traverse the fourth dimension at will. But see 4).

6) Quiet! They will hear you!

7) Weird? How so? I don't understand.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 04:25: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #2
Whos "They"?

EDIT: Not The Cult of Dikiyoda.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 04:31: Message edited by: Nija_Halycron ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Look. Are you seriously looking for sanity here?

That's your problem right there, isn't it?

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #4
Yes, I think so....why?

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #5
Because nobody bothers to try anymore. A futile cause at best.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
2) The correct spelling is "Arghhhhhhhhh".

3) TM was permabanned (banned permanently) following a six-year history of intentional attacks on pretty much everyone here. He cursed and used hate language liberally, evaded the autocensor, posted inappropriate pictures and links, incited flamewars, maliciously targetted certain people, and was banned temporarily numerous times. He was tolerated for so long because (unlike other banned members) he also made positive contributions to the community -- intelligent and lively posts, and numerous scenarios.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #7
It is weird because of the people who post here.
All of them.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
I think we tried to find Richard White once, and we found a person in New Zealand by that name who was, like, a plumber or something. He had clearly given up on game design (who knows why!!). I tried to find the thread, but I think it's been purged, but I did find that virtually all of the thread names on pages 4-6 of RWG are, um, classic. They were mostly created by Alec or TM, so you can imagine (or just check them).

Well, there's this.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
(Dikiyoba's post to make Kelandon's post visible. UBB is also partially to blame for Spiderweb weirdness.)

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 07:07: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #10
1. Ed is a troll, who was banned, came back, banned, etc.

2. Same as Ed, except he didn't come back.

3. He flamed, swore, etc. Some of his jokes and what not were good, most weren't. He made people leave (I think, atleast one person was about to) becauses of his flaming. He also made good scenarios.

4. Your implants will have been fixed tommorow to tell you yesteryear.

5. Not even Jeff can tell you.

6. Are you trying to kill us?

7. "Wierd" (pronounced silly) What do you expect from a forum who's greeting is "Leave your sanity at the door"? Besides, in debates and other such things, people are normal. They just act silly for recreation.

--------------------
All praise the greatest mod of all time! Long live Master Aran!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Originally by Nija_Halycron:

quote:
1: Who is Ed and why is there no reliable info on him?
There's plenty of reliable information on him. His posts (well, enough of them) are still around. Just search through General for threads started by "&" in February and March of 2006 if you need to see for yourself.

If not, just know that his constant disruptive insulting, threats to leave, and apologies got him permabanned. He's made many reappearances to beg for another chance, insult everyone he can, and to call for the banning of other members.

quote:
2: Why is the name "Arrghhhhh" so often mentioned and who is he?
Arghhhhhhhhh appeared about the same time as Ed. He had good intentions but couldn't stop spamming, despite many warnings, so he was eventually banned. Because he was around for so long and because he is well and truly gone now, he's become the benchmark to compare other noobish members to, unfortunately.

quote:
4: Whats this "cult" I keep hearing about and why is everyone so idiotic about it?
Trying to explain this rationally is impossible. If your sanity is already close to breaking, accept that there are some things one should not understand and ignore all references to it. If you still have some willpower left, read the threads started by Icshi (and similar looking ones started by other people in the same time period) in the Richard White Games Forum.

quote:
7: Just why is this place s weird anyway?
Our greeting is "Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Leave your sanity at the door." What kind of people do you think this attracts?

Dikiyoba skipped any questions that have been better explained by others already.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I did find that virtually all of the thread names on pages 4-6 of RWG are, um, classic.
You don't like the Abominable Genital Photo Thread? :P

Edit: Could someone please fix the spelling in the thread title?

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 07:51: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #13
Some of RWG's spam is so classic it's been posted in other forums by ADMIN as a warning example to others.

A few more....

8: Whats the cult of Dikiyoba?

9: Really, why is there such horror over swiss bank accounts??

10: Why is IFM so often considered to be Ed and why is he still around?

11: Why does even the largest forum here only go back about a year and were can I find the archives?

12: Why is Spiderweb so popular with Jews or at least goes as far as the Jewish nation?

13: Has an ADMIN ever been removed from here?

EDIT: Typos fixed, man I really need to replace the Keyboards batterys

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:33: Message edited by: Nija_Halycron ]

--------------------

Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #14
quote:
8: Whats the clut of Dikiyoba?

9: Really, why is there such horror over swiss bank accounts??

10: Why is IFM so often considered to be Ed and why is he still around?

11: Why does even the largest forum here only go back about a year and were can I find the archives?

12: Why is Spiderweb so popular with Jews or at least goes as far as the Jewish nation?

13: Has an ADMIN ever been removed from here?

8. A whole bunch of them :P

9. *question*

10. I, unfortunatly, spam from time to time accidently. I am still around because I am one of the people who end up staying.

11. Err...the forums were updated

12. ?

13. ?

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
8. The cult of Dikiyoba is a cult. Obviously. If you have to ask you'll never know.

9. Swiss bank accounts murdered my family.

10. IFM is sometimes spammy and sometimes attention-seeking. He joined as a typical youngish member, and immediately got pegged as an Ed. That's unfair to Iffy, who's really not as bad as that. He's still around because he's persistent enough to endure abuse both warranted and unwarranted and because he hasn't done anything to get himself banned.

I should note here that "youngish members" are not always a bad thing and that I have nothing against them. Age profiling online is a pet peeve of mine, and I usually prefer not to know ages unless they're actually relevant. But that's a rant for another time.

11. The boards are pruned when the threads start taking up too much space. Aran hosts archives here.

12. Is it? While most members don't trumpet their religions, I'm aware of only four Jews among the more active members. That's really not so many. Why is Spiderweb so popular among the Finns?

13. An admin has become a non-admin, but no admin or former admin has ever been banned.

—Alorael, who isn't quite sure what the Jewish nation even means. If nation is being used with the standard nation-state confusion, it's Israel. If not, the nation seems entirely unnecessary.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #16
quote:
He's still around because he's persistent enough to endure abuse both warranted and unwarranted
I am used to being kicked around in real life, so Internet is a walk in killing muffins (whatever that means).
Also, I talked about Ed alot, which lead to asumptions.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #17
I've been on forums that sell games across the world, no Jews, they only seem to appear in small numbers on forums like this.

(Lets not get racist here and avoid the subject)

Oh and as I have stated once before, I'm 14, how old is IFM?

--------------------

Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #18
I turned 13 on March 22.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Why is Spiderweb so popular among the Finns?
(I'll act like this wasn't a rhetorical question.)

I'm guessing it's because of media coverage. Exile (the original) was reviewed by the largest Finnish computer game magazine, and a demo of Exile 3 (at least) was included on the annual demo cd for the largest local computer magazine.

The Avernums and Geneforges have probably gotten mentioned in said magazines as well, but I've really stopped paying attention, since by the time they review a Spiderweb game, it's been out for a long time already.

Anyways, getting publicity like this in a small country like Finland is bound to attract a few people over here as well.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20

quote:
8: Whats the [cult] of Dikiyoba?
The cult of Dikiyoba believes in world domination, the shameless abuse of caffeinated beverages, and meeting for worship in places so secret they may not even exist. Speaking in third person is entirely optional, but Dikiyoba believes it will earn one more slaves once world domination is achieved.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #21
Dikiyoba, your thread link doesn't exist.
Most likely anymore.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:40: Message edited by: An Iffy Muffin ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #22
That's the point Iffy.

Now, if only I could get access to the /chat channel that doesn't exist...

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

quote:
8: Whats the [cult] of Dikiyoba?
The cult of Dikiyoba believes in world domination, the shameless abuse of caffeinated beverages, and meeting for worship in places so secret they may not even exist. Speaking in third person is entirely optional, but Dikiyoba believes it will earn one more slaves once world domination is achieved.

WTF? The "this thread doesn't exist" page is styled completely differently than the rest of the board... I never noticed that before.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Nija_Halycron:

I've been on forums that sell games across the world, no Jews, they only seem to appear in small numbers on forums like this.
On how many of those forums do members' religions come up regularly? Actually, who do you know is Jewish on Spiderweb and how?

—Alorael, who doesn't think he came name anyone's religions on most forums. Spiderweb has an unusual number of census-type threads that bring it up and an unusual number of debates that somehow end up involving religious discussion.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages