An Abridged History of Recent Spiderweb Events

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: An Abridged History of Recent Spiderweb Events
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #0
Many of you I dislike. Most of you ask stupid questions. Here are your answers.

1) Who is Ed, and why does he scare the crap out of me?
A. Ed is/was a person who suddenly appeared, displayed an interest in BoE, and then started to insert himself into the Spiderweb community. He had problems with TM... He also popularized the fashion of insulting people by associating them with fruits, e.g. "You funny turnip".

For more information on Ed, you can look at these first few days as he became more and more intertwined with the Spiderweb forums. Look for topics which were started by a poster with the PDN of "&".

Ed also attempted to evade his ban more than once.
2) Who was aaaaaaaargh (sp) and what's all this about Beethoven's Fifth? I liked Beethoven's Fifth...
A. aaaaaaaaaargh (sp), who also went by "the horned slayer", started a million of pointless topics and needed to mature a bit more before he could really be tolerated on Spiderweb. Some examples of his topics on this page.
3) What's all this I hear about Imbanse, bots, and Alorael/Arancaytar?
A. The legend has become a bit convoluted, but it's generally accepted that Imban is everyone, Arancaytar wrote auto-posting programs for everyone including himself, and Alorael was either the first of these bots or the creator of Arancaytar.
4) What's the conspiracy, and who's a part of it?
A. There are multiple conspiracies, and conspiracies within conspiracies. One is the Polaris conspiracy; it isn't safe to talk about that in the open. Another is the voting conspiracy, by which Thuryl was elected a moderator and then, suspiciously enough, stepped down and was replaced by Aran. Aran soon after also gained a new custom title, this one being "Man of the People"..
5) Who is this TM fellow, and does he really eat souls?
A. TM is a charming young man who's produced many scenarios for BoA and BoE. If you want to learn more about his BoX contributions, see the Lyceum. You'll learn soon enough.

If you're just interested in TM's personality, good luck. He's currently banned for being horribly spiteful. Some examples of his unique style. If you want to go straight to the horse's mouth, he can be contacted through the AIM screenname of "TerrorsMartyr". Due to the fact that TM is constantly busy being otaku, he's always online. Always.
6) Who's Alec?
A. A potty-mouth who writes nasty things about nearly everyone. He wrote a short story about Jeff Vogel and The Creator (1/2). He also hates Jews - look for someone posting by the name of "Manumissionist Party of Valorim". Alec is a very old member despite the fact that he posts with a very new account. He's (at the time of posting) banned, but has said that he's not returning anyway... However, he's returned all of the other times.
7) What is Desperance? Do I really want to know?
A. Desperance is where all of the smartest people on the internet get together and swear at each other. Sometimes they swear at people who aren't present, such as political leaders. The likes of Thuryl, Alec, Djur, and TM can be contacted through Desperance, although you probably wouldn't enjoy the contact or the responses.
8) If I enter a debate and my member number is over 5000, will I be raped?
A. Yes. Through and through.
9) I'm clueless and annoying, would you please answer another of my questions?
A. Erm... Sure, I'll get right on it. Just go ahead and post here, one of my lackeyes will help you.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
You left out last month's spam fest to up the posting statistics for Aran's monthly report.

Related to TM was the destruction of his mammoth name thread just as it was about to be come the thread with the most posts by WKS and the double posting of the Kama Sutra. The first post didn't achieve its objective so he added another chunk to destroy the thread and almost the board.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Originally by Rakshasi:

quote:
9) I'm clueless and annoying, would you please answer another of my questions?
A. Erm... Sure, I'll get right on it. Just go ahead and post here, one of my lackeyes will help you.
*raises hand* Excuse me, but I have a few questions.

1. Why are you doing this? Surely there is some motivation besides your dislike of people and their constant stupid questions.

2. When did a turnip become a fruit?

3. Could you please put spaces between the questions so it's easier to read? (And perhaps bold the questions as well.)

4. Why do you hate history?

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, man. I hope that one day, long after I've been permanently banned, you guys will look back on me with the same amount of nostalgia you have for these freaks.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
Personally, I'm wondering how these 'lackeyes' can help when it would be difficult for them to read a computer screen. :P

Also, it's arghhhhhhhhh

Edit: Tully, the 8-Ball says, "Outlook not so good."

[ Monday, December 04, 2006 20:43: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Oh, man. I hope that one day, long after I've been permanently banned, you guys will look back on me with the same amount of nostalgia you have for these freaks.
You won't be permanently banned. You control yourself too well, and don't use flithy language like they do.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
...flithy...
Intentional or typo?

Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
Dikiyoba assures you that there is no nostalgia involved. Arghhhhhhhhh wasn't bad by comparison, but it's a more like a round of "Would you rather...?" than of nostalgia.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
ET - you'll probably fade away into obscurity and be lost for all time when Jeff purges the board to make space for Geneforge X and Avernum 11. The only place that might have a record will be in Aran's copies of the threads where it will be lost transferring to a holgraphic memory.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Another is the voting conspiracy, by which Thuryl was elected a moderator and then, suspiciously enough, stepped down and was replaced by Aran.
Wow, I missed that one!

I love conspiracy theories about me. [/vanity]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #9
As pointless as this topic seems, it does explain a lot.

(In a "Oh, now I get it" sort of way)

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
In any case, Naught Eye has introduced a few myths and accusations here, which had best be cleared up. Since the ones they concern are unable to do so, here goes.

Myth #1. On Spiderweb, banning causes people to think nostalgically of you.

Fact: Several old and renowned members are banned. These include TM of Blades of Exile fame, TGM and - for now - Alec. These members are regarded with nostalgia for their status, not for being banned. Ed, arrgh, Shotts and other such blights on the board have no place among them.

Myth #2. Alec is a "potty-mouth" who "writes nasty things about nearly everyone".

Frankly, it's ironic that TM is "charming" but "spiteful" when Alec in fact keeps his language cleaner than TM does. Alec's recent ban was for insults, not profanity.

As for the "nasty" part, I may have a different perception because I've known him longer than you, but the only time Alec ever gets insulting is when he loses his temper in a debate. His personal attacks always follow heated arguments (which make them no less reprehensible, but a lot less frequent than implied).

Myth #3. TM wrote "many" scenarios for BoE. Er... okay, this isn't a myth, technically, but:

Fact: TM wrote more scenarios for BoE than just about anyone else.

Myth #4. Alec hates Jews.

Fact: I'll vouch for the fact that Alec does not and has never hated any religious group. He strongly opposes the foreign policy of several nations, which include the US and Israel. Even though 76% of both nations are Christian and Jewish, respectively, neither nation has an official state religion, and neither can be equated with these religions.

And on a less serious note:

Myth #5. Lackeys is spelled "Lackeyes". Er... nothing to add.

Myth #6. There is a conspiracy.

Fact: There is no conspiracy. Now move along.

-----

And now I believe we are done here.

IMAGE(http://stuff.ermarian.net/arancaytar/images/threadkiller/aran_islands.jpg)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.