Or Else...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Or Else...
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #0
Just a reminder for all United States citizens 18 and over who are male and own land to vote tomorrow. I won't say who to vote for, but I will say that if you do not vote, I will win. Do you want me to win?

--------------------
You lose.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #1
I am a US citizen who is over 18 and male, but I do not own land. I believe I will vote anyway.

For the record, I do not believe the law [b]ever[/b] required voters to be landowners. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
I'm uninformed.

I'm not voting.

But I promise not to complain. If there's an issue down the road, I'll just revolutionize.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by demonslay3r:

If there's an issue down the road, I'll just revolutionize.
I, Emperor Tullegolar, hereby dub thee a Tullegolite. May the strongest get their way.

Tyranicus: In Athens you had to own land. I reserve the right to group together all pseudodemocracies into one batch for hilarious purposes.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #4
Yea, people did used to need to own land to be able to vote.

But I will be voting anyway. My first election!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #5
My absentee ballot hasn't come in yet.

Does anyone else see the problem with this?

--------------------
The Silent Assassin firmly believes that a vote not cast is a vote for the other guy.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
I'll vote to replace the current batch of idiots with a group of new ones whose idiocy hasn't been tested.

Land ownership used to be a restriction to block certain groups from voting. Now they are more creative.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #7
I have finished voting and am now relaxing by snacking on liverwurst with my son.

Mmmmmm... pork biproducts.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #8
I will not vote. Because I am Canadian. Actually, that probably wouldn't stop me but I would have ethical issues with stuffing the ballot box, as opposed to stuffing my pie hole.

You know, I actually hate the term "pie hole". I am not sure why I just used it. :confused:

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by chasm of Sar:

You know, I actually hate the term "pie hole". I am not sure why I just used it. :confused:
For the rest of us to revel in your wordiness?

Does this even matter? From what I heard, Bush is still gonna be able piss all over the Middle East at will. All Congress can do is slow it down, right?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #10
Congress controls the purse strings. No more funding for the war, no more war.

I voted this morning at 6:11 a.m. I was there at 6:00, and there was actually a line thirty people long. Turnout should be pretty high in Northern Virginia.

Go Webb! Here's to turning Macaca out of office. :)
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Congress controls the purse strings. No more funding for the war, no more war.
Is that likely to happen?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #12
Not as such. However, Congress can constrain the heck out of administration practices through oversight and investigations, undercutting the administration's credibility for pursuing its current policy course.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
Though this election might matter little in the long run, I had to take this opportunity to bring down Santorum. If that creep had his way, there would be a copy of the Ten Commandments on every street corner, no cool genetic engineered animals, lots of people with Parkinson's, and, of course, plenty of women with coat hangers stuck in their wombs.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Though this election might matter little in the long run, I had to take this opportunity to bring down Santorum. If that creep had his way, there would be a copy of the Ten Commandments on every street corner, no cool genetic engineered animals, lots of people with Parkinson's, and, of course, plenty of women with coat hangers stuck in their wombs.
From the description you just provided, agreed. There's a candidate like that here in Michigan named Dick DeVos. All the information you need to know is that he conforms to his name. ;)

Sadly, I'm a tad too young to vote. :(

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #15
quote:

I can't tell if that's sarcastic. From what I've seen of your politics, I think it probably is, but most people here would agree wholeheartedly with that characterization.

For the record, his opponent is anti-choice.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #16
I voted! Go me!

But what I voted on is a different matter entirely.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Lenar Labs:

My absentee ballot hasn't come in yet.

Does anyone else see the problem with this?

I've actually heard that a lot this year. I didn't get mine, but that's because I found out too late (ie, I was about to leave for college) that I needed to personally appear to somebody-or-other-in-charge before getting one since I'd never voted before. :(

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #18
quote:

Sadly, that's not much of an exaggeration. Also, the guy doesn't even live in Pennsylvania. Sure, he owns a house here, but he and his family live in Virginia. For that reason, and many others, I voted for Bob Casey.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
I had to vote provisionally, due to moving and not changing my address in time. It should be fine, though, as nothing was particularly close in any race of consequence in my district.

Santorum is loathsome and I'm glad he's gone.

And it's time again to bemoan the absurd legacy of the U.S.'s direct-democracy movement of the early 20th century: I cast something like 40 or 50 votes on my ballot, which was bigger than legal-size, double-sided, and two sheets of paper. In other countries, one normally casts perhaps three or four votes in each election (for candidates at a few levels of government). In the U.S., one normally casts at least a dozen votes per election, and usually two or three dozen.

EDIT: By the way, the Dems are a lot closer to winning back the Senate than I expected. Taking the Senate in a single election is tough, because only a third of the seats are actually up for election, but they need three more seats, and there are three more too-close-to-call seats up for grabs, in each of which the Democratic candidate has a razor-thin lead.

EDIT 2: Wow. Make that 2 more seats that Dems need in the Senate, and 2 more races up for grabs, in both of which the Democratic candidate is leading by a noticeable (although not decisive) amount.

[ Tuesday, November 07, 2006 22:42: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00