Humans Only

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Humans Only
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #125
I'm probably a little late in doing this but here it is:

quote:
Pacifist 90%
Citizen 70%
Guardian 70%
Loner 45%
Altruist 40%
Destroyer 30%
Conqueror 25%
Narcissist 15%
Hedonist 10%
Miscreant 5%

I thought the test was unfair at points with questions like, "Would you take a bullet for a stranger?" I think there are just some situations that we can't understand until we are actually in them.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #126
[ Sunday, November 05, 2006 15:43: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #127
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

I thought the test was unfair at points with questions like, "Would you take a bullet for a stranger?" I think there are just some situations that we can't understand until we are actually in them.
I answered neutral, and thought, "No, I would not take a bullet for a stranger. I would knock said stranger to the ground so that neither of us took the bullet." But that's just me.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #128
I suppose this has gotten little out of hand. When I made my original statement "they have no feelings," I was being sarcastic. When you guys took that statement seriously, I defended it as a joke. I thought the joke would be abundantly obvious as I shifted my views constantly and said inflammatory things, but you all continued to take everything I said to heart. TM is the only one that got the joke, it seems.

I plead guilty to the charge of trolling, and throw myself upon the mercy of the board.

--------------------
I lose?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #129
Unfortunately for you, I think TM was being dead serious. He enjoys being head flamer/troller/whatever-you-want-to-call-him, and he viewed you as a threat. Also, while I can't speak for the rest of the members, I didn't take any of what you said to heart. I just took it seriously. Finally, I like your new signature. :P

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #130
I doubt he saw me as a threat. As you can all see, I'm not very good at trolling, especially when it has to do with a topic I know nothing about. After all, this was supposed to be a thread on human nature. I won't claim that I really know anything about animals, after all, I'm a mere human myself.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #131
Well, I guess we learned a lot about virtual human nature here today. You throw a virtual steak (or, in this case, a virtual can of spam), and everyone goes after it like a group of Neanderthals. :cool:

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #132
quote:
Originally written by Lego:

I plead guilty to the charge of trolling, and throw myself upon the mercy of the board.
THROW HIM TO THE TURTLES!

Erm... scratch that. Thank you for finally choosing to reveal your ethically questionable joke.

quote:
Originally written by Lego:

I lose?
Yes. Yes, you do.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #133
It's difficult to understand your sarcasm when you exhibit no warm cuddliness at all whatsoever in anything when the rest of society moves toward more humane principles.

Also, a bit late:

You scored as Destroyer.

Congratulations. You're a Destroyer. For the record, this means you are probably Psychotic as these questions were taken from a Psychiatry book. You either hate order or view it as a tool for control. Your second trait is probably Narcissist or Miscreant. Combine this result and the second for what you are.

Destroyer
75%
Narcissist
65%
Altruist
60%
Conqueror
60%
Citizen
55%
Guardian
55%
Hedonist
50%
Miscreant
35%
Pacifist
35%
Loner
30%

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #134
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Somehow, I find that more frightening than your battle cry of RETRIBUTION!!!!

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #135
quote:
Ephesos:
IMAGE(http://blinkinglights.org/tmp/burn-the-witch.jpg)
quote:
Ephesos:
your ethically questionable joke
Sometimes I just want to kick you right in the ethics.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #136
And by 'ethics', I'm guessing you mean something else entirely. Which, by the way, is not a good idea.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #137
-Nioca, master of ruining jokes.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #138
No wonder Tully's views on ethics are so screwed up! He's actually been talking about #%^* the whole time!

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #139
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I thought the joke would be abundantly obvious as I shifted my views constantly and said inflammatory things
When have you ever not shifted your views constantly and said inflammatory things? In order for a joke like this to be funny, you have to provide some evidence that you're joking. Watch Thuryl; he's great at this, far better than you are.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #140
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

When have you ever not shifted your views constantly and said inflammatory things? In order for a joke like this to be funny, you have to provide some evidence that you're joking. Watch Thuryl; he's great at this, far better than you are.
I never shifted my views before. I am a laissez faire capitalist that beleives the people have a right to overthrow the government. When have I ever diverted from this in all the economic and political discussions we've had? When have I ever not given support to back up my theories? Come on, all that crap about animals had trolling written all over it.

As for not being good at humor, yeah I already admitted that. Humor is not my thing, but seriously, if this isn't evidence of an incomming joke, then I must be truly hopeless:
quote:
I don't care, I have an opposable thumb, I get to make the rules.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #141
BTW this is the second time i took this quiz. #1 gave me Pacifist 70% and Miscreant 60%. I guess i don't answer questions the same way twice. I did laugh at the result though. Damn right if someone else wants to do my work, go right ahead, its not my problem.

Congratulations. You are a Loner. You like the idea of not having to do much to get something, but if something has to be done, you probably find someone else to do it. You are probably labeled a "slacker". You may also have not found a challenge. Combine this answer with your second to see what you are.

Loner 70%

Hedonist 60%

Miscreant 40%

Pacifist 40%

Conqueror35%

Citizen35%

Altruist35%

Narcissist25%

Guardian25%

Destroyer20%

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #142
quote:

Humor is not my thing, but seriously, if this isn't evidence of an incomming joke, then I must be truly hopeless:
quote:

The thing is, it's no more absurd than most of the rest of what you say.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #143
quote:

As for not being good at humor, yeah I already admitted that. Humor is not my thing, but seriously, if this isn't evidence of an incomming joke, then I must be truly hopeless:
quote:

I'm going to be charitable and assume you really aren't aware of just how much real people's opinions can suck. Hell, I can advocate genocide with a straight face and still have people wonder whether I'm serious.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #144
Thuryl manages to support his "beliefs" nicely and demands real answers to difficult questions. You, Tully, just cause deadlocked debates where nobody has to really rethink their positions on anything and in which nobody can budge an inch because the viewpoints are so completely polarized.

—Alorael, who actually likes Thurylian morality. It's refreshing, and nobody can honestly claim never to have wanted to give someone a post-natal abortion given sufficient cause.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #145
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:

Humor is not my thing, but seriously, if this isn't evidence of an incomming joke, then I must be truly hopeless:
quote:

The thing is, it's no more absurd than most of the rest of what you say.

Please bear my children.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #146
Does anyone else get a surreal out-of-body experience when they view this thread?

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I have several diabolical schemes to destroy the hero, I will set all of them in motion at once rather than wait for them to fail and launch them successively.
(T -3)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #147
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Does anyone else get a surreal out-of-body experience when they view this thread?
No, I just get a surreal out-of-mind experience.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #148
quote:

-Nioca, master of ruining jokes.
One thing I've learned the hard way is that, because you're not talking face-to-face with someone, something that, to you, is obviously a joke can easily get mistranslated by the reader. This is because you can't hear the tone nor see the face of the speaker, which can hold the most obvious clues to whether that person is joking or not.

Fortunately, two great Graemlins exist for this very purpose. The :P Graemlin is a good way to indicate a joke, and the :rolleyes: Graemlin can occasionally be used to indicate sarcasm.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #149
quote:

"Please bear my children." -Alec, to Kelandon
Uh. That's right up there with "Your scenarios are the best and most masterful epics in the history of Blades" -TM, to Kelandon.

If this thread gets any more surreal, it'll need to be framed with the caption "Ceci n'est pas un topic," pardon my French.

Edit: And by framed, I mean locked.

[ Monday, November 06, 2006 09:28: Message edited by: Sirrus ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Pages