God, I am so mad!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: God, I am so mad!
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
Why Nintendo, why? Why did you delay the GC version of the new Zelda game again? Again! The 3rd time you've done so. The other two times you used the excuse that it wasn't ready yet. Not true this time, as the port to the Wii comes first! The port dammit! I hate you nintendo, may all your controller cords tangle and all yor precious wii version zeldas blow to bits!

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
Whining duly noted. At least they're not canning development. :)

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by I like fluffy kitties on rye:

I hate you nintendo, may all your controller cords tangle and all yor precious wii version zeldas blow to bits!
The Wii won't have controller cords. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
quote:

Why Nintendo, why?
That's why I stopped buying video games when the Nintendo 64 went obsolete, and switched back to Spiderweb games. Any one of Spiderweb's games has more replay value than any 100 Nintendo games combined. I still occasionally play a couple Nintendo games if I get bored enough, though, but mainly in an emulator for the original 8-bit (remember that one?).

[ Tuesday, October 10, 2006 05:20: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #4
Nintendo 64, in some ways, may have been the greatest of their systems. Not for the library of games, which was small in comparison to the PS1, but the quality - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remains my favorite game ever.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Nintendo 64, in some ways, may have been the greatest of their systems. Not for the library of games, which was small in comparison to the PS1, but the quality - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remains my favorite game ever.
Quoted for truth.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
quote:

Wii Nintendo, Wii?
FYT. :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
At least nintendo doesn't have a habit of totally abandoning games that look awesome, have had tones of hype, and were almost finished.

R.I.P.
Starcraft: Ghost

--------------------
You lose.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #8
I'm really guessing that Starcraft: Ghost was abandoned because it sucked or something. :P
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #9
How dare you! Blizzard may have tried to erase any evidence that this game ever existed, but there are still sites out there devoted to it. Behold its greatness. Sort of looks like Halo just with Starcraft characters. How could that not have been awesome?

Then there is Fallout 3, which could have been the greatest game ever, but it was abandoned because the company went bankrupt or something. Cruel fate.

Zelda is the only game in this thread that sucks.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Now I understand why there's so much animosity. Those are words that should be neither spoken nor written. Ever.

Fallout 3 was not abandoned. Bethesda is carrying the torch, although it's not yet entirely clear whether they're carrying it forward or just waving it around excitedly until it goes out.

—Alorael, who has had his very first Gamecube experience quite recently. He found it slightly unpleasant and mostly numbing. What happened to the Ninendo of yesteryear? What's an old fogey to do?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #11
I don't want Starcraft: Ghost. I want Starcraft 2. They just set it up for a sequel, and its been 8 years! Where is it? :confused:

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Fallout 3 was not abandoned.
No matter how much we keep telling ourselves this, whatever Bethesda churns out, if anything at all, will probably be a huge disappointment to fans of the originals.

I am reminded of what happened last time the third game in a series was placed in the hands of a random company rather than the one that gave it life and nurtured it to greatness. Myth III is not even recognized by the Myth community of having ever even existed. It is considered non-canonical and its multilayer is neglected in favor of the outdated Myth II. I see dark times for the Fallout franchise ahead.

Andraste: I don't think a Starcraft sequel is necessary. I think the expansion pack ending was the best way they could possibly have ended the series. Unless, of course, you’d rather that the ‘good guys’ make a daring attack on the Queen of Blades, end her reign of tyranny and save the galaxy as we know it. Wouldn’t that be original?

[ Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:56: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Myth 3 is politely ignored because Myth 2 is a better game. Maybe that has to do with Myth 3 being the work of a new company, Myth 2 setting the bar so fantastically high (Fallout does it too), and some poor aesthetic decisions.

Bethesda has at least said that it wants to produce a Fallout-like Fallout. Maybe they won't succeed, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't cost anything, and they've been able to produce apparenly good games.

—Alorael, who has actually never played any Elder Scrolls games and therefore cannot comment. Oblivion at least generates lots and lots of gaming press. Strong opinions are better than no opinions, and if all else fails the two factions of Fallout 3 lovers and Fallout 3 haters can call each other mutants and start using improbably large weapons to deal with each other.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #14
Oblivion and Morrowind arn't that great. Fantastic graphics, but tedious. :Edit: Then again, I haven't played them that much. Morrowind made me dizzy and I just got Oblivion on Friday.

Back to Starcraft. In Broodwar we learn about the zerg/protoss hybrid at the end. They need to do something with that and the Xel'Naga.

[ Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:40: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #15
quote:
Why Nintendo, why? Why did you delay the GC version of the new Zelda game again? Again! The 3rd time you've done so. The other two times you used the excuse that it wasn't ready yet. Not true this time, as the port to the Wii comes first! The port dammit! I hate you nintendo, may all your controller cords tangle and all yor precious wii version zeldas blow to bits!
Nintendo doesn't care about you, which is how they sell their games.

Don't expect a Starcraft 2. The money today is in MMORPGs, and once WoW runs dry, they'll make World of Starcraft. It's already been proven that people will pay money to play games they've already bought.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #16
World of Starcraft sound fun. I'd buy that. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #17
Hybrid: I thought that was a dead end in the plot. I am interesting, however, in who Duran was working for.

Xel'Naga: Extinct. Destroyed by the Zerg. I don't think they will ever play a part in the series.

World of Starcraft: First of all, World of Warcraft will never run dry. At least, not unless Black Isle Studios is resurrected, most likley by me, who would then spearhead World of Fallout, in which case World of Warcraft is doomed. Other than that, I just can't see a Starcraft MMORPG happening. Blizzard has more integrity than that.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #18
Didn't you notice the smiley after my last comment?

And Duran said the was working for a far greater power than Kerrigan. They need togo into the storyline. Duran also said the the hybrid experiments wer being preformed on many different worlds. The Terrans only killed one.

--------------------
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

At least, not unless Black Isle Studios is resurrected, most likley by me, who would then spearhead World of Fallout, in which case World of Warcraft is doomed.
For all intents and purposes, Black Isle Studios has been resurrected as Obsidian Entertainment, the company that is making Neverwinter Nights 2.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #20
Honestly, does any of this matter? Isn't Spiderweb good enough for you? Don't you realize that the annual Force of Habit Sale is going on right now? This could be the time when you finally purchase Nethergate for $27, or the Geneforge Trilogy for $49.50. It seems individual games are only $22.50, and the hint books are $9. Basically, everything is 10% off, including my sanity and better judgement.

Get webbed!
:)

Edit - Yes, thanks for asking. I do feel icky and cheap now. :P

[ Tuesday, October 10, 2006 17:40: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
Originally by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Basically, everything is 10% off, including my sanity and better judgement.
So, how much do they normally cost? And is there a special deal if you buy both of them together?

Dikiyoba.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #22
For the benefit of those who are not on Jeff's mailing list:
quote:
Originally written by Lord Vogelmort:

Autumn greetings from Spiderweb Software! We're pretty agitated right
now, what with all of the work that needs to be done to finish
Geneforge 4: Rebellion and kick it out the door for the holidays. But
that doesn't mean we can't hold one of those sales we enjoy having so
much ...

* Spiderweb Software's Force of Habit Sale

We at Spiderweb Software are simple people. Creatures of habit. It
takes a lot of work and concentration to make fun role-playing games
year in and year out, and we just can't work up the energy for cool
marketing ideas. So, every year, we just have the same old sale and
hope that it makes people like us more.

So, for the whole month of October, we are having our Force of Habit
Sale! Everything we sell, the games, the hint books, the bundles, it's
all ten percent off. The stuff that's on sale is now more on sale. The
award-winning Avernum and Geneforge games, all on the cheap!

Not only that, but all of our games are available on CD. Think of it!
Get the holiday shopping for your gamer friends done early!

As always, you can find all of the fun at

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com

Big, free demos of all of our games are available. And hopefully you
can forgive us for being so predictable.

* Geneforge 4: Rebellion Out Soon

Development of Geneforge 4: Rebellion is proceeding swiftly. It appears
that the game will be out for the Macintosh in November, 2006, and out
for Windows 2-3 months after that. Of course, the flu, earthquakes, and
other disasters can happen, but that's what we're shooting for.

If you want to learn more about Geneforge 4: Rebellion, go to

http://www.spidweb.com/geneforge4/index.html

* Macintosh Universal Plans

We've been getting reports of our games sometimes playing slowly on
Macintoshes with the fancy, new Intel chips. We are working on
isolating which games have problems and getting Universal versions of
them out in early 2007.

That's it for this short update. You'll hear from us again when
Geneforge 4: Rebellion is out.

Want To Unsubscribe From This List? - Just respond and say so. A real
human being will read and handle your request.

- Jeff Vogel
Spiderweb Software, Inc.
P.O. Box 85659
Seattle WA, 98145-1659
206-789-4438
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #23
Fallout3 is currently under development over at Bethesda. Don't expect it for a while, though.

Also, I don't think it's fair to call the Wii version of the new Zelda a "port". I can assure you Nintendo cares more about the Wii than the GC right now.

Starcraft2 isn't here because even Blizzard knows they can't realistically top the original. But I think we'll eventually see it, in many, many years.

And Starcraft: Ghost, last I heard, actually is in "development" (I use that term the same way 3dRealms uses). Apparently they felt it would be released too late in the last-gen's life, and wanted it to be up-to-snuff for the next-gen consoles. But I don't care. I'm not interested in another 3rd-person sneaker/shooter, at least within the Starcraft universe.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Basically, everything is 10% off, including my sanity and better judgement.
So, how much do they normally cost? And is there a special deal if you buy both of them together?

Dikiyoba.

Well, my regular judgement is off by 25% and my better judgement by 10%. My sanity has clearly declined 10%, but there was no defined starting point. So just name your offer and despite my already reduced better judgement, I'll likely accept it.

:P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Pages