WoW

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: WoW
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
This brings up a point of philosophy which I think we would do well to explore.

--------------------
WWtNSD?

Synergy - "I don't get it."
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I find it somewhat amusing that Thuryl would choose this topic in which to throw out a hook and line.
Alleged bait...

--------------------
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #27
"A normal server, Jeff? I expected better of you."

PvP servers are for people who enjoy pain (or, at least, the inability to ever walk away from the keyboard to use the john without getting ganked). PvE servers are for people who like their fun to be fun. Believe me, I get all the PvP I want. And none of the PvP I don't want.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #28
I have a level 42 human fighter on Argent Dawn, but I really don't play that often. In fact, I'm thinking of quitting altogether.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

"A normal server, Jeff? I expected better of you."

PvP servers are for people who enjoy pain (or, at least, the inability to ever walk away from the keyboard to use the john without getting ganked). PvE servers are for people who like their fun to be fun. Believe me, I get all the PvP I want. And none of the PvP I don't want.

- Jeff Vogel

Agreed. I chose a PvE server because of past experiences in other MMOs. I like my leveling content to be free of unwanted ganking. If there was an actual point to it, besides senseless murder, I would understand. But... WoW currently lacks that.

The world PvP content added in the latest patch is a step forward, but it's still a voluntary thing. I wish Blizzard could find a way to involve PvP without rehashing game modes from Quake3.

THAT is why I'm looking forward to WarhammerOnline. There is a real war going on. You can really affect it's outcome.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
*Bump*

To maintain evidence of addictive video game behavior.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #31
Sure, I played WoW for a while there. Human Priest, the heart of any good party. The great resurrector.

Now that it has been reborn, I'll grace this topic with my cynicism and argue that you ARE say you'd "leave raids just to go get high." I'll bite AND pull you in.

Firstly, I expect everyone to assume demonslay3r was reefering to marijuana. How unimaginative. I've been high off caffeine, alcohol, Benadryl, and other drugs that are commercially available. "Getting high" can not be generalized as an "illegal activity," thus it is not subject to scrutiny under the existing Code of Conduct.

Secondly, most psychoactive drugs (like marijuana) are totally legal where I live. And in a lot of other places. In fact, I can go to a mom-and-pop head shop and buy bud right now without breaking a single law.

Finally, if the phrase "to get high" is disallowed, then quoting it and not editing it should probably be cause for concern. After all, demonslay3r thoughtfully edited his own post after being gently reprimanded. Since Maimonides, Calphrexo, Thuryl, jg.faust, wz. As, Jumpin' Sarcasmon, and myself each discussed the subject on the board, we are all guilty of the same misdemeanor. Randomizer also brought this heinous smudge on the forum to our attention, so he too must be persecuted.

A thousand Hail-Mary's and slap to the ass for everyone.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
Actually the addictive behavior that I meant was what some people would do to avoid leaving a video game like WoW. Specifically how to avoid getting up to use the bathroom. Although with a laptop and a long enough phone cord or wireless connection you could just take the game with you as you move around the house.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #33
When my brother got the 14 day trial period I had an Undead Warlock. She was fun to play I found myself staying up at all hours to play so I guess it was addictive but I'm like that with any new game I get.

Of course eventually I get bored of it or just interested in something else and I'll put the game down, maybe coming back to it a few months later.

[ Friday, June 29, 2007 20:08: Message edited by: Milla ]

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Actually the addictive behavior that I meant was what some people would do to avoid leaving a video game like WoW. Specifically how to avoid getting up to use the bathroom. Although with a laptop and a long enough phone cord or wireless connection you could just take the game with you as you move around the house.
When I used to play it, I did forget to eat a few times. However, I never took my laptop to the bathroom with me to play the game. I actually had a rule that I'd go to bed at midnight everynight, and I stuck to that. My roommate on the other hand...

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 04:48: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #35
I was at a point last spring where I was pulling all nighters playing WoW. If that's not addiction, what is?

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
BoaEdit
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #36
I have never played WoW, but I was a Dofus addict. I will never ever play another MMORPG. I think they can literally be as bad as any hardcore drug as far as addictiveness and life-destroying power. My wife complained many a night about the empty spot where there used to be a husband in bed.

Fortunately I have very little desire to play anymore. I find games that have actual endings to be much more fulfilling. And then there is real life ... that's what I like to get high on.
BANNED
Member # 9162
Profile #37
I play on the Auschwitz server, and my name is AngloSaxonMale. Level 70 Human Warrior.

Pages