Civil Unions disallowed in ACT

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Civil Unions disallowed in ACT
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #225
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

If you want to live in a society that doesn't tolerate homosexuality, I'm sure we can get a collection started to buy you a ticket to Saudi Arabia.
Dealing with your nonsense wasn't worth the 10 minutes it took. Please don't bother sending more. Thank you!

While the current US supported, terrorist coddling regime may not condone homosexuality, Islam itself doesn't care to render any opinion on sexual orientation. Sexual acts, including anal intercourse, that are traditionally viewed as the primary means of homosexual sexual expression are viewed as major sins.

Paul, you bore. Your rhetoric is tired and old, filled with the same bigotry that fueled Nazism. Please, by all means express yourself. There are forums out there that would react quite nicely to the vitriol you spread. A software manufacturer's game forum is likely not going to be that place.

Reference

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #226
Fear and hate...
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #227
Actually, what is the latest verdict on the prevalence of homosexuality? My understanding is that Kinsey's figure of 10% came from a survey in which college students and prison inmates figured disproportionately, and in which 'homosexuality' was defined rather broadly. Last I heard, no subsequent study had found anything higher than a few percent. I'd be interested to hear an update.

The 10% figure is popularly cited, I think, because it tends to make homosexuality seem less marginal. A 10% minority is actually pretty big. If it voted in anything like a bloc, it would swing most elections. It would constitute a major consumer market. The percentage of the population between the ages of 15 and 24 is only about 15. 10% has a good shot at commanding respect; 2% doesn't.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #228
The obvious first place to look.

I'm inclined to accept the figures that put full-on gay people at about 2-4% of the population. These things are very hard to survey, because it's very hard to put a good definition on "being homosexual," and it's also pretty hard to get people to be honest about it, but if we define homosexuals as people who engage almost exclusively in same-sex relations (whether dating, sex, or otherwise), I'm inclined to believe the "rather less than 10%" figures.

As an interesting side-note to all of this, I read in the SF Chronicle once that gay men make about as much money per capita as straight men, and lesbians make about as much money per capita as straight women. Because women, on average, make less money than men, gay male partners actually have slightly higher combined incomes than opposite-sex partners, and lesbians have somewhat less than average. This is beginning to have some strange economic consequences (businesses catering toward gay men but not gay women, for example).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7047
Profile Homepage #229
Im a bigot????

It seems like a lot of you on this forum are bigots.

let me say something that im going to get flamed for oh well.

Hate the sin. Love the sinner.

Note= you guys have had a lot of time to think this over but you have no respect for people like me.

[ Wednesday, July 12, 2006 09:40: Message edited by: Paul the second ]

--------------------
TRIDON777
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #230
quote:
Originally written by Paul the second:

you have no respect for people like me.
While I have my suspicions (about you), this certainly isn't the forum in which to discuss them.

For the record, almost everyone is bigoted to some extent. It is a happenstance of culture, nurturing, and economic status. I know where I am bigoted, and consciously control it so that I don't come across as some babbling psychotic every time I open my yap.

How am I doing? :P

--------------------
quote:

Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #231
quote:

Im a bigot????
You harbor an intense, irrational loathing for a marginal group and wish to hinder them for no solid reason. Yes. You are a bigot.

quote:
I'm not persecuting you. I'm just calling you as I see you, bigot.

quote:

Let's be honest with ourselves: the 'sin' you refer to (sodomy) is execrated alongside cloths spun together, animals bred together, and shellfish. It's part of Old Testament ceremonial hygiene and has no place in Christianity (and a fairly minor one in modern Judaism at that).

The fact remains that you're trying to legislate your peculiar, un-Christian prejudices, which is unacceptable.

quote:
Note= you guys have had a lot of time to think this over but you have no respect for people like me.
No, I don't. Am I supposed to respect someone who lashes out at any reed he can find to hold up his ridiculous bigotry, who enters a civil discussion calling people 'homos'? It's like someone jumping into an affirmative action discussion using the N-word, citing poorly-written articles 'proving' blacks are an inferior race, and then crowing about not getting any respect. It's predictable and shameful.

--

quote:
Originally written by Salmon Fishin':

quote:

you have no respect for people like me.
While I have my suspicions (about you), this certainly isn't the forum in which to discuss them.

For the record, almost everyone is bigoted to some extent. It is a happenstance of culture, nurturing, and economic status. I know where I am bigoted, and consciously control it so that I don't come across as some babbling psychotic every time I open my yap.

How am I doing? :P

Who against, cracker? I'm curious. :P

[ Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:54: Message edited by: The Worst Man Ever ]
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #232
quote:

Im a bigot????

People who make your arguments are generally bigoted, and you have done nothing to dissaude us of that notion.

If you don't think that there is anything wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, but are convinced by your arguments that they should not be allowed to marry, (which would make you the first I've ever heard of) then you still have not proved the rebuttals to your arguments wrong.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #233
Looks like I'm doing a bang-up job, huh Alec? ;)

--------------------
quote:

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #234
quote:

Your sins are bigotry and intolerance. This does not make you a horrible person, it just makes you "some guy who says objectionable stuff in ways that make us laugh".

That said, if we loved you in spite of your sins, you'd call us homos, wouldn't you? :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.

Pages