Holidays

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holidays
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

quote:
Originally written by United States of Tyranica:

What are these holidays you speak of? :P
Deeh-eh! Here in Italy we do 3 months of vacation!

They do the same thing here, but only if you're still in school. We working people have to settle for 1-2 weeks a year.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #26
Nowhere. My mom, however gets to go to a writers' retreat and my sister to a philosophy retreat.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #27
Music camp! :D

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #28
Alabama. I'm going to help out in a sports camp at an Indian reservation. This Saturday. I'll be gone for a week.

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I dunno if I want to shell out 5 bucks for the iron on thingy and like 5 bucks for t-shirt. That's like a bottle of bourbon or 12 440ml Tasmin Bitters (the not so name brand beer). Anyone else thirsty?
Wait, wait. Am I hearing you right? You can get more than five litres of alcohol for $10? :eek:

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

So how many exactly did you have?

My new record will be 8.

I only had 6 last night because we were just sitting around having a quiet night, but my record is 17 stardard drinks in an hour an a half. That was an $8 bottle of vodka and some beers. I refer to this photo for the aftermath. More recently was a night at a mates party and he had free beer. The free beer lasted 40 minutes and I drunk 9 of them. And I had my own 12 pack of 440's. Admittidly I couldnt manage to finish my own pack off and ended up not being able to see by midnight so I just had to go to bed.

quote:
Originally written by Sprung:

Wait, wait. Am I hearing you right? You can get more than five litres of alcohol for $10? :eek:
Yea, it's awesome. It ain't exactly high grade beer but I've developed a taste for it and prefer it over the name brand stuff. Over here you can buy 5L kegs of some crappy Russian beer for $15. That's one of the few highlights of this country. But I went to america and was amazed because they had bottles of wine (14% alcohol) for $1. Thats like $2 for a night of drinking.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

Over here you can buy 5L kegs of some crappy Russian beer for $15.
5L Keg? B****ka? Oh, my! How can you drink something which has an aftertaste taste of a fresh rubber!? However, since it is so cheap...
I work in a beer company, so I have to say I never counted my personal record. Since I can have a 24x0.550ml can container here for 10$ I never bother counting. And it is not THAT bad as mentioned above.

P.S. Since we are slightly breaking the CoC here, I think we better stop talking of such out-of-order activities :)

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #32
Talking about cheap Russian beers, I was in Budapest just two weeks ago, and there you have this beer which you, not only get in huge quatities (0.5 L per bottle), but its also very strong. You pay, in the4 supermarket, probably not more then 300 Forinten a bottle, which is about 1,25 euros, which is probably 1 dollar, though these are just estimations.

God, did I drank much in those five days... I became seriously tipsy, almost drunk, from only 3 beers (and some champagne...).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #33
Summer school!! Wooo Hoo

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #34
I just found out I get to play in a pit orchestra for Fiddler on the Roof! Yay! :)

Hurling Frootmig's sig
quote:
ottffsse...?
next letter?
n

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Apprentice
Member # 7259
Profile Homepage #35
now I student!! yahoo!!! & now summer :cool:

--------------------
All can be
And be all can
And only that can not be
That to be quite already can not
And even this can be!
--------
Ysh' Kamanega Bat Baryga Shnyaga!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #36
Summer School for me as well, although I've been taking the occasional weekend holiday over to my old home in Urbana for the purpose of keeping my mind sane and my eyes bloodshot. ;)

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #37
Hi, I'm back. I had a nice holiday, except for the lack of sleeping (8 hours missed, I'm extra-tired).

Something interesting has happened recently?

Now I go to revive old topics in GF Series Forum. :P

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #38
Climbing rocks in Thunderbay and dinosauring in Drumheller (two holidays)

quote:
Wait, wait. Am I hearing you right? You can get more than five litres of alcohol for $10?

Doesn't anyone want to actually enjoy what they are drinking? There are bettter ways to alter one's consciousness then cheap likker - I would personally prefer an Islay Scotch (Lagavulin perhaps) over the cheap painful drunk of a $10 bottle of bourbon.

[ Thursday, July 06, 2006 07:40: Message edited by: Oh, the pain, the pain ]

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #39
Many an eminent sage loves Lagavulin, or its cousin Laphroaig. So it is a perfectly respectable taste; one may even say that it is a taste that commands respect. The aroma reminds me a tad too much of coal tar, though. I can cope okay with some of the lighter single malts, but on the whole I prefer good blended scotches.

Life's too short to drink bad beer.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Oh, the pain, the pain:

Doesn't anyone want to actually enjoy what they are drinking? There are bettter ways to alter one's consciousness then cheap likker - I would personally prefer an Islay Scotch (Lagavulin perhaps) over the cheap painful drunk of a $10 bottle of bourbon.
Dude, I love the taste of $10 burbon. I had a litre and a half of it on friday then went into town and continued drinking because someone was buying me free drinks. Long story short I have only just began to sober up from a weekend of constant drinking thanks to free booze. Also, I woke up and found out that I'd agree to a pact that said if I wasnt married by the time I was 30 I was getting married to some girl I was hanging out with. Good times.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #41
quote:
Dude, I love the taste of $10 burbon.
I was going to say that burbon is mispelled but at $10.00 a bottle that might be right. Kind of like saying I tell time with my $5 "Rollex".

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #42
Ugh, cheap whiskey is truly horrible stuff. When I'm drinking whiskey, it's got to be at least as good as Jim Beam or I won't even bother. Jack Daniels is really nice, though

The way I look at it, whiskey seems to possess the greatest variation of the hard liquors in terms of how much better the expensive stuff tastes compared to the cheap ****. I've never noticed much difference between cheap and expensive vodka; it's always somewhat nasty, but drinkable. More drinkable than Ten High, at least.

Rum is much the same way (but better- so sue me, I'm a tropical man), although the spiced stuff is much better to take shots with (the clear stuff is best for mixing) Tequila is always horrible unless it's in a margarita. I've never tasted gin, but if martinis are any indication, it's horrible, horrible stuff.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.

Pages